OverviewSorrento is the ideal location for families and visitors who wish to stay very close to the famous Amalfi Coast and yet avoid the hustle and bustle of the more notorious Positano and Amalfi, which could be overwhelming for some.
In most of its areas, Sorrento’s flatter morphology conveniently presents fewer steps than its sister-towns in the Amalfi Coast. Most importantly, from here you can enjoy superb views of the islands of Ischia and Capri and watch the most stunning of sunsets. Villa Darlana, which lies serenely in this area, is a three-level villa boasting breathtaking views of the Gulf of Naples and its unique islands. The white stucco structure is surrounded by more than 20,000 square feet of manicured gardens, including a vegetable patch that, when in season, offers fresh fruit and produce available for the guests.
From its privileged position, the villa offers amazing sea views and unforgettable sunsets. The closest public beach as well as the equipped beach are a 10-minute drive away. The nearby village can be reached on foot, in 600 meters. Villa Darlana is located a 30-minute drive from lively Sorrento and less than one hour from Positano, offering the perfect opportunity to visit both well-known towns and all the Amalfi Coast highlights. The villa is tucked away in a private estate and yet very close to the action. Who said you cannot have your cake and eat it too?
The layout of this floor comprehends mostly the social spaces:a sitting area with plush seats in front of a cozy fireplace, and a dining area connecting with the large fully equipped eat-in kitchen which includes modern stainless-steel appliances. These rooms open onto the large furnished terrace where you will spend the majority of your relaxing time while at the villa.
A TV room with striped white and gray seating is welcoming and stylish. If watching TV is not your thing, you can always sit here to marvel in front of the superb views of Capri island.
The outdoor space of Darlana is really the best element of this villa. Here you will find your favorite spot, choosing among the romantic pergola, perfect for enjoying rich-flavored al fresco meals; the pizza oven area where you can master the art of pizza-making with the help of your professional pizzaiolo you can hire; the cheerful swings; the shaded gazebo, featuring sunbeds and chairs; and the relaxing Jacuzzi tub, heatable to a max of 82° F. Villa Darlana has a special place for everyone in your group.
- Bedroom 1 (First Floor): King bedroom with two Juliet sea-view panoramic balconies, and en-suite bathroom with tub and wall-mounted shower
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with sea view and en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Queen/Twin bedroom with private bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4 (Second Floor): Queen bedroom with sea view, with private bathroom with shower, and access to private panoramic terrace
- On the ground floor is an additional room with a comfortable sofa-bed with direct access to the garden, and private bathroom with shower – this room is on request and it is suitable for teenagers or young adults
- All bedrooms are air-conditioned and all bathrooms are provided with hair dryers
- A/C in the bedrooms
- Outdoor shower
- Pizza oven (to be used only by a professional pizzaiolo)
- Private parking for up to two cars
- Satellite TV channels in English
- Tennis and football tables
- Vegetable garden
- Washing machine
- Wireless internet indoors and outdoors
- 10 Minute drive to the nearest public beach
- Private heated Jacuzzi (up to 81F)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Twice a week housekeeping service (3 hours each time)
- Garden and whirlpool maintenance service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping
- Personal laundry service
- Babysitter service
- Cook services available upon request
- Pre-stocking grocery service, plus cost of food
- Wine pre-stocking service (up to 6 bottles), plus cost of wine
- The villa is located in the area of Termini
- Sorrento: 30 Minute drive
- Positano: Less than 1 hour drive
- Electricity, A/C, heating, gas, and water are included
- The villa can be reached by small-size cars only due to its narrow access road
- Up to three extra guests can be accommodated, on request, for a fee
- No smoking villa – smoking allowed outdoors
- Pets not allowed
- Check-in: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm; Check-out: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- All the extra services are to be paid locally before departure, unless otherwise arranged
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.