OverviewNestled in cliffy Positano, the traditionally designed Villa Merope is perfect for a group of friends or a large family who wants to spend time on the glitzy Amalfi Coast.
The three-floor villa offers all of the comforts of a retreat and the functionality of a private home. The traditional decor features local artwork, beautiful Vietri ceramic floors, and heirloom antiques. Merope is also an ideal property for guests with limited mobility, who can - finally - expect a comfortable stay on the Amalfi Coast thanks to the villa’s easy access from the main road, private parking on the premises for up to four family-size cars, and elevator that leads from the garage directly to each floor of the villa. This easy access is a rare asset among the local villas and therefore a big plus in our book! Make your villa vacation dream a reality and rent Villa Merope, where you will have the lively Positano at your feet.
The traditional interiors reflect the typical style of the Amalfi Coast. The intricate details and the carved furniture were common among the locals and were synonymous with a privileged status. The actual owners want to keep the memory of that era while blending it with modern amenities and comfort. Experience Positano at its best by staying at Villa Merope, which flaunts one of the largest panoramic terraces in Positano! You will not need cars, as restaurants, shops, supermarkets and bars are all within a five-minute walk from the villa. The main beach is less than half-a-mile away.
Upon entering the villa via the elevator from the garage, the formal dining room welcomes you. This room also features a large TV and has access to a private uber-panoramic terrace. The adjacent sitting room boasts a comfortable sitting area with soft sofa and chairs, perfect space for relaxation and entertaining. We like that this room has access to a 380 square foot covered sunroom that makes the villa enjoyable also during the cooler months, and which features a soaking Jacuzzi section with seating for two people. The small gym with its basic equipment is at the disposal of active guests during their vacation...that extra portion of delicious pasta will not be recorded by the scale once they are back home!
Second Floor (On Two Levels):
On the lower level, a second living room with sofas and chairs is located; it has access to the main panoramic terrace with swimming pool. A fully equipped kitchen with access to a private terrace is here for you or the villa staff to prepare homemade meals for your family to savor while enjoying the panoramic terrace and the romantic lights of Positano.
We just finished describing the interior space, but, in reality, when you decide to stay at the villa instead of touring the area by land or sea, you will find yourself on the spectacular 2,200 square foot panoramic terrace near the private swimming pool. The furnished terrace provides generous areas for dining, lounging, suntanning, and, in general, enjoying authentic moments of relaxation while marveling at picture-perfect views that go flawlessly from sea to sky.
- Bedroom 1 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with access to a panoramic balcony, and private bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with access to a panoramic balcony, and private bathroom with Jacuzzi shower
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with private bathroom with Jacuzzi shower
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): Twin bedroom with dedicated private bathroom with shower located on the ground floor
- Second floor (on two levels):
- Bedroom 5 (Upper Level - Accessible by stairs, not by elevator): Queen bedroom with access to a panoramic balcony – use of the private bathroom
- Bedroom 6 (Upper Level - Accessible by stairs, not by elevator): Queen bedroom with access to a panoramic balcony, and private bathroom with shower
- All bedrooms feature stunning sea views and have air conditioning; all bathrooms are provided with hair-dryers,
- and they are private but not necessarily adjacent to each bedroom
- A/C in all rooms
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Wireless internet access
- Hair dryers
- Small gym
- Private parking on the premises for up to 4 cars
- Less than half a mile to the beach
- Private swimming pool (6 m x 4 m x 0.30-1.60 m)
- Swimming pool open from May to September
- Heated Jacuzzi tub
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Housekeeping service up to 8 hours per day (including Sunday)
- Welcome drink
- Daily breakfast served from 8:00 am to 11:00 am
- Midweek change of bed linen, bath and pool towels
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Cook services
- Laundry service
- Dry/laundry cleaning service
- All utilities including A/C, and heating are included
- Check-in between 4 pm and 8 pm
- Check-out by 10 am
- Late arrival fee between 8 pm & 10 pm: €60. No arrivals are accepted after 10 pm
- All extras services must be paid in cash locally, prior to departure
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.