OverviewSet on a magnificent stretch of dramatic coastline with sweeping views of the Caribbean, 5-bedroom Villa Amarilla is the epitome of a perfect luxury island retreat.
Designed by Anguilla's own acclaimed architect Carl Richards, Villa Amarilla's design is Caribbean with an Italian influence in its yellow stucco walls, turquoise shutters and red tile roof. The cool island interiors by the owners in collaboration with award-winning Dallas interior designer David Salem & Associates have hints of Moroccan flair.
With spacious indoor and outdoor living and dining areas, Villa Amarilla offers ample room for a large group to gather or a variety of havens for an individual to find solitude and relaxation in 9,000 gorgeous square feet. Located on Anguilla's Leeward north side, on the Sea Rocks of Island Harbour overlooking some of Anguilla's most beautiful reefs, you will never tire of the mesmerizing view as it changes continually with the tides from iridescent aquas to deep sapphire blues. In addition to the beauty of the surf breaking on the reefs the panoramic views include Shoal Bay Beach to the west and Scrub Island to the east. The sound of the waves breaking on the nearby rocks will further soothe and relax the senses. Shoal Bay Beach, a two mile stretch of powder white sand and crystal clear water is a short drive from the villa and a small secluded beach is a short walk away. Villa Amarilla's spectacular setting, stunning design and decor, and elegant comfort create the perfect setting for your island escape.
The breathtaking views are visible even before entering the villa through the beautiful wrought iron and glass front door.The lapis blue floor of the entry hall blends serenely with the sea beyond and the one of a kind seashell chandelier adds a whimsical touch.
The living room is attractively and comfortably furnished with two seating groupings, one area to relax in front of the flat screen television and another for conversation and card playing. The kitchen is state of the art with a GE Profile five burner gas cooktop, double ovens, microwave, dishwasher, spacious refrigerator and freezer, and a separate wine refrigerator.
The indoor bar is equipped with an ice maker and beverage center and leads to the dining room where one can enjoy spectacular sunset views.The custom dining table seats twelve.For more casual dining and to enjoy the ocean breeze, there is also an outdoor dining area, bar, and barbecue grilling kitchen with spectacular views. Or for relaxing with your morning coffee, you may enjoy the outdoor living area with equally fresh breezes and stunning views.
There is also a covered terrace between the outdoor living and dining areas where guests can enjoy a little shade after too much sun and an upstairs balcony with comfortable seating and even more dramatic views.
The downstairs master bedroom is spacious and soothing, tastefully furnished with a king-sized four poster bed, elegant Scalamandre window treatments and a Moroccan influenced bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers and double sinks.
The upstairs master bedrooms (east and west) differ from the downstairs master only in the selection of fabrics (including Kravet, Clarence House, and Old World Weavers) and bathroom tiles, all equally lovely.
The fourth and fifth bedrooms can be configured with twin or king beds.They are also spacious and elegant with bathrooms en suite and closets with vanity tables.
All five bedrooms have breathtaking ocean views, flat screen televisions, and Sferra linens.The four upstairs bedrooms all open onto the upstairs balcony and the east and west masters have private balconies with ocean views as well. There is also an air-conditioned media room with a 60 inch plasma television and a fully equipped free-standing gym with a full bath.
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, air conditioning, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 2: King size bed,en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, air conditioning, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3: Two twin beds (combine for King), en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, air conditioning, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: Two twin beds (combine for King),en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, air conditioning, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, air conditioning, ceiling fan
- Baby equipment
- Beverage center
- Ceiling fan
- Fax machine
- Fitness equipment
- Fitness room
- Gourmet kitchen
- HD flat screen TV
- Home theater
- Ice maker
- Indoor bar
- Infinity pool
- iPod dock
- Massage table
- Outdoor dining
- Outdoor kitchen
- Outdoor living area
- Spa area
- Surround sound
- Wireless internet
- The spectacular heated infinity edge pool is large enough to swim laps but also offers the most stunning panoramic views on the property.
- Relax on the pool's viewing ledge with a refreshing beverage in hand or stretch out on one of the built-in lounges while the cool water surrounds you.
Staff and Services
- Villa Amarilla is managed by a fully trained, professional maid staff six days per week.
- The staff is supervised by a wonderful house manager who speaks English and will act as your concierge. The house manager will meet you at the Anguilla airport or dock and facilitate your requests regarding the house, reservations and information regarding the island. She will also arrange the following at the guests' expense: transportation from St. Maarten to Anguilla and back, rental cars waiting for you upon arrival, and having the villa stocked with groceries of your choice. The house manager will also arrange leisure activities such as golf, tennis, fishing, snorkeling, diving, and spa services.
- Many of our regular house guests request a private chef to cook meals at the house, and we have a full menu of choices available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (Guests will be charged for food and chef's labor.) Villa Amarilla also offers a professional butler service if you should require additional staff and personal attention.
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Villa pre-stocking
- Additional housekeeping service
- Laundry service
- Snorkeling /Scuba trips
- Glass bottom boat tours
- Within walking distance to a couple of beach coves
- 2 minute drive to restaurant & Shoal Bay
- 10 minute drive to grocery store
- 20 minute drive to Wallblake Airport
- 25 minute drive to Cuisinart Golf and Spa Resort
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- The laundry room is not available to renters for their personal use; however, laundry will be done for an extra charge per bedroom per day if needed.
Additional Villa Notes
- Villa Amarilla will be available to arriving guests at 4:00 pm on the day of arrival and guests are asked to depart by 11:00 am.