Chateau de Normandie - P728
This is the chateau of your dreams, a real castle set in Normandy with towers, moats, parapets and other surprises, it will take you back to your childhood fantasies of fairies and sorcerers, magicians and ghosts, knights and nobles!
Set on 89 acres of lush farmland, the chateau offers 17 rooms & suites, each with a private bathroom. The entire chateau is furnished with priceless, authentic antiques that have been in the chateau for centuries.
The property is surrounded by 600 acres of farmland and forests and has 60 acres of gardens and three ponds; all the ingredients of a tranquil domain conducive to relaxation, contemplation and conversation! Guests may meet to work or chat, stroll in the park, tour the property on horseback, play a game of tennis on site or golf nearby. They can enjoy a drink in the warm, polished atmosphere of the grand salon or in the more relaxed French café and billiard room. One can dine by candlelight amidst the ornate XVII century wildlife frescoes in the dining room and then retire to the privacy of your bedroom with furnishings and paintings reminiscent of times past.
This is a family residence, striking in its charm and authenticity. Its furnishings cross the ages, the libraries abound with history, the woodwork, draperies and family portraits are all tokens of centuries past. The fires crackling in the fireplaces adorned with the family’s coat of arms and the opulence of the interior design and furnishings create a warm, relaxed and refined atmosphere.
The chateau is 3000 m2 and has 17 bedrooms or suites (an extra apartment for staff is available on request). This history has been enhanced by the extensive work carried out in recent years to provide the modern improvements essential to 21st century living. The bedrooms have been uniquely redecorated with refinement and feature luxurious en suite bathrooms.
There are 3 different salons, fireplaces and sofas in each, a music room with Steinway piano and harp, a French billiard room, games room with jukebox, a large library full of old and rare books, dining room with fireplace, an original bar with upright piano and satellite TV and DVD, a business corner with access to a PC, a small gym with elliptical machine and stationary bike, an amazing discotheque with dance floor and lighting, a small theatre with +80 seats. There are 17 bedrooms, 15 en suite and 2 with private bathrooms accessed from the hallway...... and more.
There is a full kitchen which is not accessible to guests as there is a Chef on hand to prepare all meals. Cooking classes can be organized if desired. There is also a BBQ for grilled foods. There is equipment available for infants and toiletries and bathrobes are provided in each bathroom.
On the exterior the estate offers 89 acres of parkland surrounded by 600 acres of farmland and forests. There are 20 bicycles, table tennis, badminton, petanque, a tennis court, a small boat, horseback riding, jogging, mountain biking, fishing and ball trap and archery on request. There is also an animal park and a botanic walk. There are golf courses nearby in Agon-Coutainville, Granville and Omaha Beach.
The extreme friendliness of the staff, the profusion of fine furniture and antiques, the splendour of the park at times reminiscent of Japanese gardens combined with the comfortable rooms and quality of the restoration makes this chateau a truly magical place.
- Baby equipment
- Helicopter landing area
- Professional Kitchen
- Satellite TV
- Weddings allowed
- Wifi Internet Access
- Bicycles at disposal
- Fenced outside area
- Gym room
- Child friendly
- Wheel chair access
- The chateau is located in Le Cotenin (a. k. a. Cherbourg) peninsula set in the heart of Normandy less than an hour’s drive from Mont Saint Michel and the D-day invasion beaches. The region is full of ancient and modern history as well as beautiful beaches, fishing ports and wonderful seafood restaurants (Granville, Grandcamp-Maisy, Poer en Bessin and Arromanches). The nearest town is Saint-Lo at 8 km, Caen is 60 km and Paris 300 km (three hours by car, 2 hours 20 minutes by train).
- There is an airport near Caen for private planes and with some service to European cities (London, Geneva etc.)
- Bedroom 1: Ground Floor. Main room with twin beds (120X200), spare room with single bed (90X200), 2 bathrooms (1with shower, 1 with bathtub)
- Bedroom 2: Ground Floor. Double Bed (180X200), Bathroom with shower and bathtub
- Bedroom 3: Ground Floor. Double Bed (160X190), 1 Bathroom with Bathtub and a shower room
- Bedroom 4: 1st Floor. Twin Beds (120X200), Bathroom with shower and Bathtub
- Bedroom 5: 1st Floor. Double Bed (220X200), Bathroom with bathtub
- Bedroom 6: 1st Floor. Main room with double bed (180X200), spare room with single bed (100X 180), Bathroom with bathtub
- Bedroom 7: 1st Floor. Double Bed (160X200), Bathroom with bathtub.
- Bedroom 8: 1st Floor. Double Bed (160X210) Bathroom with Bathtub.
- Bedroom 9: 1st Floor. Double bed (140X190), Bathroom with bathtub.
- Bedroom 10: 1st Floor. Single Bed (120X190), Bathroom with Bathtub.
- Bedroom 11:1st Floor. Double Bed (140X190), Bathroom in the corridor with Bathtub.
- Bedroom 12: 1st Floor. Twin Beds (120X190) Bathroom in the corridor with Bathtub.
- Bedroom 13: Art Déco Room: 2nd Floor. Double Bed (190X220), Bathroom with Bathtub.
- Bedroom14: 2nd Floor. Double Bed (180X180), Bathroom with Italian shower.
- Bedroom 15: 2nd Floor. Main Room with double beds (180X200), Spare room in the tower with 2 single beds (90X190), Bathroom with Bathtub in the main level.
- Bedroom 16: 2nd Floor. Twin Beds (110X190), Bathroom with Bathtub.
- Bedroom 17: 2nd Floor. Double Bed (160X200), Bathroom with Bathtub
- The Chef and his staff are included but not the cost of food or drink
- Housekeeping is provided daily, 3 maids to clean and assist in the food service
- Personal linens can be laundered by the staff, a laundry bag is in each room, cost of 15 euros per bag
- Antiques consultant, baby sitter and concierge are all available and may be at an additional cost
- Weddings allowed