Overview28 Avenida la Antigua is a two-bedroom, starfish-themed flat located on the second floor of the flats building. Inspired by the owner's experience with a starfish on Playa Danta, this apartment will make you feel closer to the ocean.
The spacious and well-equipped kitchen has everything you need to enjoy a family dinner or a gathering with friends. The kitchen overlooks the well-balanced living room with a comfortable couch and a terrace that overlooks Las Catalinas town. The unique starfish ceiling lamp is master piece created by Carlos Hiller, one of the most renowned artists in the area. The master bedroom has a king-size bed and the guest bedroom has two single beds that can be converted into a king bed depending on guest preference. Both bedrooms have their own private bathroom as well as air-conditioning and a ceiling fan.
This flat offers as well our signature 'House Mom' service along with 24-hour private security. The 'House Mom' will be able to prepare breakfast for you every morning as well as to clean the house during the day. Also, concierge service will help you plan your exciting vacation prior to your arrival; they will coordinate your transportation from the airport as well as help you organize any other service like car rental, spa treatments and tour reservations; we make sure your stay is relaxing and stress free. For those nights you want to have a special dinner we are able to coordinate a gourmet chef.
The Flats on Avenida la Antigua are the first of its kind. Less than 100 meters from the beach at Playa Danta, life in the 'Flats' will be incomparable to any other! With most units having their own private entrances and gardens, the flats are better described as private single-story homes. Located in the heart of beach town and amongst the homes of the town founders, the flats are less than a 2-minute walk to the beach. The Flats offers an affordable alternative to a single family home, while still providing you with amazing amenities and luxuries.
Surrounded by tropical nature on land and at sea, Las Catalinas is a beautiful, car-free, fully walkable beach town in Costa Rica. The purpose is to create a way of life that is healthy, sustainable, fulfilling, and fun. Definitely one of the most fun things to do at Las Catalinas is simply to explore the town. Most of the streets are made for people. Every little passage seems to lead to a beautiful plaza or a view of the ocean.
Playa Danta is one of the best body surfing and boogie boarding beaches you will ever find. Go at medium to low tides when the beach is very flat. The swells are typically moderate, safe, spaced 15 seconds apart, and perfectly formed. These waves are unlike anything many of us have seen in other parts of the world. Costa Rica has many famous surfing beaches but Las Catalinas is partially sheltered from the prevailing southern swell, and that is what makes Playa Danta “just right” for boogie boarding.
Some of the best snorkeling in Costa Rica is right at Las Catalinas. The best spots are wherever you see rocks: the far side of Playa Dantita, the reef in between Danta and Dantita, along the shore of Punta Penca, or out at the Islotes Pitahayas islands just offshore. You’ll find lots of reef fish, coral, interesting underwater topography, big spotted eagle rays, sea turtles, and who knows what else.
Kayaking and Paddle-Boarding
Las Catalinas is an ideal location for sea kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding. The protected bay of Playa Danta is perfect for beginners and often offers glassy smooth conditions. The Islotes Pitahayas just one kilometer offshore are a great destination with the swell surging dramatically on the rocks. The islands are a famous nesting site of pelicans and frigate birds. The coastline in both directions is dramatic and interesting with a variety of beautiful beaches, cliffs and great snorkeling and swimming all within paddling range.
Yoga and Fitness
With an average temperature of 74 degrees year round, Las Catalinas is the perfect place to get in a fitness groove. Weather it's weekly interval training classes, beach front yoga under an almendro tree, or grabbing some weights, this is a mecca for athletes and yogis alike.
Shopping and Dining
In the shops of Las Catalinas, you’ll find everything you need to elevate your stay in town. Get outfitted to enjoy town and outdoors, set a course to learn about ocean protection, bring home an unexpected Costa Rican gift, give some local life and flair to your home, or relax and take care of your body. It’s all here, and it’s all within a few minutes’ walk.
Guanacaste is quickly becoming a major player in Costa Rica’s culinary scene, and Las Catalinas offers some of the best options around available just a few steps from your front door.
Located on a bluff overlooking the beach, Las Catalinas Beach Club is a central gathering spot for local residents and visitors to socialize, dine, exercise and enjoy an array of amenities for the whole family including:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool
- Ample seating and comfortable lounge chairs
- Kids play pool
- Hot tub
- All-day dining at the Beach Club restaurant
- Cocktail bar
- Octagonal pavilion available for private events
- Exercise room with weightlifting and cardio equipment
- Master bedroom: King-size bed, private bathroom, air-conditioning, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 2: Two single beds (can be converted to king-size bed), private bathroom, air-conditioning, ceiling fan
- Activities Calendar
- Air-conditioning in both bedrooms
- BBQ grill (common area)
- Baranda a la Carte Services
- Beach Club and Gym Access
- Ceiling fans
- Covered patio
- Storage closet
- TV in every room
- Town & Surroundings Talk at Central
- Welcome juice + cold towels upon arrival, in house
Staff and Services
- 24-hour private security
- Daily House Mom services
- Daily housekeeping service
- Laundry service
- Personalized pre-arrival service from booking to arrival
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Grocery pre-stocking
- Chef service
- International airport: 45-minute drive
- Town of Potrero: 5-minute drive
- Golf: 45-minute drive
- Grocery store: 5-minute drive in Potrero
- Greenhouse restaurant: 1-minute walk
- Clinic: 45 minute drive
- Liberia Hospital: 90-minute drive
- Church Potrero: 5 minute drive
- Check in: 2:00 pm
- Check out: 10:00 am
Additional Villa Notes
- Because Las Catalinas is a growing community, guests should expect construction in the surrounding areas. Efforts are being made to minimize any possible disturbances to guests due to construction. Current construction hours and regulations are: From 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM, construction may begin, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed. From 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM are normal construction hours. From 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, construction may continue, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed.