OverviewCasa Big Sur is a five-bedroom jewel in the rainforest, located near Dominical in the Southern Zone of Costa Rica where the lush verdant mountains meet the Pacific Ocean.
Casa Big Sur is a jewel in the rainforest, located near Dominical in the Southern Zone of Costa Rica where the lush verdant mountains meet the Pacific Ocean. This 6,500 square foot Balinese-style home is a one-of-a-kind tropical masterpiece, designed to optimize the views from every angle, with all the luxuries and quality you would expect from a 5-Star Resort. The home resides in a privileged gated enclave of only three homes, providing total privacy and security.
Designed and built with native hardwoods, natural stone, and local tile work, this stunning home offers an extraordinary indoor/outdoor living experience with a central great room with 30-foot ceilings and spacious balcony to enjoy with family and friends, a fully-equipped gourmet kitchen, and outdoor living room with wet bar that extends to the pool deck. The infinity-edge pool is large enough for swimming laps. Relax in the hot tub and enjoy the spectacular ocean and mountain views!
When it’s time for a siesta, choose among several lovely bedrooms. Two master bedrooms each have a luxurious bathroom with whirlpool tub, walk-in closet, and spacious covered balcony. A third guest bedroom opens to the pool deck and outdoor shower. A fourth guest bedroom is adjacent to the gym with access to the patio and pool. An office/bedroom with a pullout double bed and balcony access provides additional sleeping space.
The mesmerizing views include 60 miles of coastline, which take in the Cano and Three Sister Islands, the entire Ballena National Marine Park including the Whale’s Tail, winding rivers, and undulating mountains that stretch as far as the eye can see and taper down to converge with the ocean. You will want to pinch yourself each morning as you wake up to this perfect vista while the 650-foot elevation provides gentle breezes to caress you throughout the day.
Nearby you’ll find multiple restaurants and stores, a grocery, bank, spa and all the important amenities you are accustomed to. This is the land of “pura vida” or pure life, which you’ll hear often in speaking with locals. You can expect regular visits from toucans, howler monkeys, and sloths. Enjoy fishing, kayaking, hiking, waterfalls, beaches, surfing, and diving, and a multitude of parks, including the Ballena National Marine Park, the first marine reserve in Latin America to protect important natural marine habitats.
We welcome your stay! Pura Vida!
- Master bedroom: King bed, en-suite bathroom, whirlpool tub, TV, A/C, ceiling fan, walk-in closet, private balcony, ocean views
- Second master bedroom: King bed, en-suite bathroom, whirlpool tub, TV, A/C, ceiling fan, walk-in closet, and private balcony, ocean views
- Bedroom 3: King bed, outdoor shower, shared bathroom, TV, A/C, ceiling fan, patio access, ocean views
- Bedroom 4: Queen bed, shared bathroom, ocean views, TV, A/C, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 5: Queen bed, shared bathroom, TV, A/C, ceiling fan
- 30 foot ceilings in great room
- Alarm system
- BBQ grill
- Central air-conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Covered portico at entrance
- Detached 2-car garage with a work area
- Gas BBQ
- Gourmet kitchen with granite countertops
- Hardwood, natural stone floors, and local tile throughout
- iPod docking stations
- Large patio
- Open covered living space
- Outdoor dining
- Parking for 6 cars
- TVs with cable in living room and each bedroom
- Washer and dryer
- Near many beaches:
- Playa Hermosa – 5 minutes away, incredibly scenic tropical beach
- Playa Tortuga – wild beauty
- Playa Uvita – filled with restaurants, bars, and souvenir shops
- Playa Dominical – great for surfing
- Playa Ventana – beautiful sea caves
- Playa Dominicalito – clear water and popular for beginning surfers
- Playa Ballena – located within Ballena National Marine Park
- Infinity-edge swimming pool
- Outdoor shower
Staff and Services
- Daily cleaning (6 days per week)
- Manager on-call
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Cook service
- Nearby Amenities and Activities
- Ballena National Marine Park
- Cano Island Biological Reserve
- Mangrove Forest Reserve
- Golfito Wildlife Refuge
- Corcovado National Park
- San Buenas Golf
- Maximum occupancy 10 guests
- Minimum stay: 5 nights (7 nights over holiday weeks)
- Square Footage: 6,500 sq. ft.
- Check-in: 4:00pm
- Check-out: 10:00am
Additional Villa Notes
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is $50 plus the cost of the groceries with a 10% service charge.