OverviewCasa del Alba is a classy, four-bedroom, four-and-a-half-bathroom house featuring a high-class gourmet kitchen, spacious indoor areas, and outdoor dining table overlooking the irresistible private swimming pool.
The master bedroom on the third level features a king bed and a cozy private terrace with partial ocean views, while the guest bedroom on the third level offers a queen bed and access to the terrace.
The guest bedroom located on the main floor features a queen bed and immediate access to the swimming pool and charming outdoor dining area.
A lower-level studio apartment with dual entry from Plaza Escondida and the main house allows for additional privacy. It is available for individual rental if you are traveling alone.
All rooms and areas feature A/C, ceiling fans, TV, WiFi, and phone. All houses offer Signature House Mom Service, concierge service, and beach club access.
Surrounded by tropical nature on land and at sea, Las Catalinas is a beautiful, car-free, fully walkable beach town in Costa Rica. The purpose is to create a way of life that is healthy, sustainable, fulfilling, and fun. Definitely one of the most fun things to do at Las Catalinas is simply to explore the town. Most of the streets are made for people. Every little passage seems to lead to a beautiful plaza or a view of the ocean.
Playa Danta is one of the best body surfing and boogie boarding beaches you will ever find. Go at medium to low tides when the beach is very flat. The swells are typically moderate, safe, spaced 15 seconds apart, and perfectly formed. These waves are unlike anything many of us have seen in other parts of the world. Costa Rica has many famous surfing beaches but Las Catalinas is partially sheltered from the prevailing southern swell, and that is what makes Playa Danta “just right” for boogie boarding.
Some of the best snorkeling in Costa Rica is right at Las Catalinas. The best spots are wherever you see rocks: the far side of Playa Dantita, the reef in between Danta and Dantita, along the shore of Punta Penca, or out at the Islotes Pitahayas islands just offshore. You’ll find lots of reef fish, coral, interesting underwater topography, big spotted eagle rays, sea turtles, and who knows what else.
Kayaking and Paddle-Boarding
Las Catalinas is an ideal location for sea kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding. The protected bay of Playa Danta is perfect for beginners and often offers glassy smooth conditions. The Islotes Pitahayas just one kilometer offshore are a great destination with the swell surging dramatically on the rocks. The islands are a famous nesting site of pelicans and frigate birds. The coastline in both directions is dramatic and interesting with a variety of beautiful beaches, cliffs and great snorkeling and swimming all within paddling range.
Yoga and Fitness
With an average temperature of 74 degrees year round, Las Catalinas is the perfect place to get in a fitness groove. Weather it's weekly interval training classes, beach front yoga under an almendro tree, or grabbing some weights, this is a mecca for athletes and yogis alike.
Shopping and Dining
In the shops of Las Catalinas, you’ll find everything you need to elevate your stay in town. Get outfitted to enjoy town and outdoors, set a course to learn about ocean protection, bring home an unexpected Costa Rican gift, give some local life and flair to your home, or relax and take care of your body. It’s all here, and it’s all within a few minutes’ walk.
Guanacaste is quickly becoming a major player in Costa Rica’s culinary scene, and Las Catalinas offers some of the best options around available just a few steps from your front door.
Located on a bluff overlooking the beach, Las Catalinas Beach Club is a central gathering spot for local residents and visitors to socialize, dine, exercise and enjoy an array of amenities for the whole family including:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool
- Ample seating and comfortable lounge chairs
- Kids play pool
- Hot tub
- All-day dining at the Beach Club restaurant
- Cocktail bar
- Octagonal pavilion available for private events
- Exercise room with weightlifting and cardio equipment
- Master bedroom (Upper Level): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, window screens
- Bedroom 2 (Upper Level): Queen-size bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, window screens
- Bedroom 3 (Main Level): Queen-size bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, window screens
- Bedroom 4 (Lower Level): Queen-size bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, window screens
- Master Bathroom: Bathtub/shower
- Bathroom 2: Shower
- Bathroom 3: Shower
- Bathroom 4: Shower
- Beach towels
- Ceiling fans
- Central air-conditioning
- Gourmet kitchen
- High chair
- Outdoor dining
- Play pen
- Propane BBQ grill
- Wheelchair access
- Wireless internet
- Playa Danta is only a 1-minute walk
- Outdoor swimming pool
Staff and Services
- 'House Mom' service 8:30 am-4:30 pm: includes breakfast preparation, housekeeping, snack preparation such as guacamole and pico de gallo (ingredients must be provided)
- Daily housekeeping
- Villa manager
- Security guard - 24 hours
- Maintenance team
- Landscaping team
- International airport: 45-minute drive
- Town of Potrero: 5-minute drive
- Golf: 45-minute drive
- Grocery store: 5-minute drive in Potrero
- Greenhouse restaurant: 1-minute walk
- Clinic: 45 minute drive
- Liberia Hospital: 1 hour and 30 minute drive
- Church Potrero: 5 minute Drive
- Check in: 2:00 pm
- Check out: 10:00 am
Additional Villa Notes
- Because Las Catalinas is a growing community, guests should expect construction in the surrounding areas. Efforts are being made to minimize any possible disturbances to guests due to construction. Current construction hours and regulations are: From 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM, construction may begin, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed. From 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM are normal construction hours. From 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, construction may continue, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed.