OverviewSteps away from Playa Danta, this lovely three-bedroom, three-bathroom home is the perfect spot for families looking for a place to relax and have a good time!
Please note that there is construction of a Hotel taking place nearby and noise may be heard during the day. Please inquire with a Villa Specialist for more information.
Relax inside this comfortable home or take a dip in the private plunge pool while listening to the waves breaking in Playa Danta. Each of the three levels of Casa Celaje has stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. The living room is comfortable and spacious as well as the fully equipped gourmet kitchen, you can also enjoy your meals sitting in the beautiful main table overlooking the ocean or simply seat at the terrace and listen to the waves crashing.
The three air-conditioned master suites are spacious and with a lot of natural light that comes through the large windows, each of this beautiful home has their own bathroom decorated with beautiful tiles. Two of the master suites have a balcony with sitting spaces where you can relax reading a book or simply with a cup of coffee while the rest of the house is sleeping. The other master suite overlooks our beautiful town.
The first guests to visit Casa Celaje noted, “We were drinking coffee on the third level terrace and to our surprise, a family of howler monkeys dropped by for a visit. It was fascinating to watch them in the trees directly in front of the house.” Enjoy the peace and quiet of Las Catalinas and Costa Rica or feel a part of nature in Casa Celaje!
At Las Catalinas you will be truly pampered! We offer daily housekeeping services. Our 'House Mom' will make you feel right at home; she will prepare breakfast for you every morning and smoothies during the day. A private security guard and our personal concierge service will assist with planning your exciting vacation prior to your arrival, coordinate your transportation from the airport with us and any other service like car rental, spa treatments, and tour reservations; we make sure your stay is relaxing and stress-free. For those nights you want to have a special dinner we are able to coordinate a gourmet chef or have our 'House Mom' prepare you traditional meal for lunch.
Surrounded by tropical nature on land and at sea, Las Catalinas is a beautiful, car-free, fully walkable beach town in Costa Rica. The purpose is to create a way of life that is healthy, sustainable, fulfilling, and fun. Definitely one of the most fun things to do at Las Catalinas is simply to explore the town. Most of the streets are made for people. Every little passage seems to lead to a beautiful plaza or a view of the ocean.
Playa Danta is one of the best body surfing and boogie boarding beaches you will ever find. Go at medium to low tides when the beach is very flat. The swells are typically moderate, safe, spaced 15 seconds apart, and perfectly formed. These waves are unlike anything many of us have seen in other parts of the world. Costa Rica has many famous surfing beaches but Las Catalinas is partially sheltered from the prevailing southern swell, and that is what makes Playa Danta “just right” for boogie boarding.
Some of the best snorkeling in Costa Rica is right at Las Catalinas. The best spots are wherever you see rocks: the far side of Playa Dantita, the reef in between Danta and Dantita, along the shore of Punta Penca, or out at the Islotes Pitahayas islands just offshore. You’ll find lots of reef fish, coral, interesting underwater topography, big spotted eagle rays, sea turtles, and who knows what else.
Kayaking and Paddle-Boarding
Las Catalinas is an ideal location for sea kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding. The protected bay of Playa Danta is perfect for beginners and often offers glassy smooth conditions. The Islotes Pitahayas just one kilometer offshore is a great destination with the swell surging dramatically on the rocks. The islands are a famous nesting site of pelicans and frigate birds. The coastline in both directions is dramatic and interesting with a variety of beautiful beaches, cliffs, and great snorkeling and swimming all within paddling range.
Yoga and Fitness
With an average temperature of 74 degrees year-round, Las Catalinas is the perfect place to get in a fitness groove. Whether it's weekly interval training classes, beachfront yoga under an Almendro tree, or grab some weights, this is a mecca for athletes and yogis alike.
Shopping and Dining
In the shops of Las Catalinas, you’ll find everything you need to elevate your stay in town. Get outfitted to enjoy the town and outdoors, set a course to learn about ocean protection, bring home an unexpected Costa Rican gift, give some local life and flair to your home, or relax and take care of your body. It’s all here, and it’s all within a few minutes walk.
Guanacaste is quickly becoming a major player in Costa Rica’s culinary scene, and Las Catalinas offers some of the best options available just a few steps from your front door.
Located on a bluff overlooking the beach, Las Catalinas Beach Club is a central gathering spot for local residents and visitors to socialize, dine, exercise and enjoy an array of amenities for the whole family including:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool
- Ample seating and comfortable lounge chairs
- Kids play pool
- Hot tub
- All-day dining at the Beach Club restaurant
- Cocktail bar
- Octagonal pavilion available for private events
- Exercise room with weightlifting and cardio equipment
- Master bedroom (second floor): Queen-size bed, en-suite bathroom, TV, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, window screens
- Bedroom 2 (second floor): Queen-size bed, en-suite bathroom, TV, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, window screens
- Bedroom 3 (third floor): King-size bed, en-suite bathroom, TV, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, window screens
- Master bathroom: Shower
- Bathroom 2: Shower
- Bathroom 3: Bathtub/shower
- 4 TVs
- Activities calendar
- Alarm system
- Baranda a la carte Services
- Beach Club and gym access
- Beach towels
- Cable TV
- Ceiling fans
- Central air-conditioning
- DVD player
- High chair
- High speed WiFi
- Outdoor dining
- Town & Surroundings Talk at Central
- Welcome juice + cold towels upon arrival, in house
- The nearest beach is a 1-minute walk to Playa Danta
- Plunge pool
Staff and Services
- Daily House Mom services
- Daily housekeeping service
- Personalized pre-arrival service from booking to arrival
- Villa manager
- Security guard - 24 hours
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Grocery pre-stocking
- International airport: 45-minute drive
- Town of Potrero: 5-minute drive
- Golf: 45-minute drive
- Grocery store: 5-minute drive in Potrero
- Greenhouse restaurant: 1-minute walk
- Clinic: 45-minute drive
- Liberia Hospital: 90-minute drive
- Church Potrero: 5-minute drive
- Check in: 2:00 pm
- Check out: 10:00 am
Additional Villa Notes
- Because Las Catalinas is a growing community, guests should expect construction in the surrounding areas. Efforts are being made to minimize any possible disturbances to guests due to construction. Current construction hours and regulations are: From 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM, construction may begin, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed. From 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM are normal construction hours. From 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, construction may continue, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed.