OverviewAmidst mountains and the sea on the sunny Kohala Coast on the tropical Island of Hawaii, the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows offers an exceptional experience with unparalleled value.
Please note that the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows will be closed for renovations starting October 1, 2018 and is expected to last 14 months.
The luxurious ocean bungalows on the Big Island of Hawaii are set in cool blues and aqua, drawing inspiration from the Pacific or warm tones of burnt orange and yellow inspired by Kohala Coast sunsets. The 2,700 square feet of indoor living space in each of our Bungalows on the Big Island invites ultimate relaxation and the 1,300 sq. ft. outdoor lanai features a private pool, Jacuzzi and BBQ.
Each bungalow bedroom features luxury accommodations including a four-poster bed that heightens the atmosphere of sophisticated island living. The headboards showcase a custom carving of the Hawaiian flower that each bungalow is named after. The two master baths each include a private tropical garden with a rain shower, and a stand-alone tub. Recent enhancements include a state-of-the-art entertainment system & 65-inch LED HD television.
The oceanfront bungalows are surrounded by tropical fishponds and overlook the vibrant blue Pacific and scenic Kohala Coast sunsets with a beachfront view. The 2,700 square feet of indoor living space in each Hawaii bungalow invites ultimate relaxation. The 1,300-square-foot outdoor lanai features a private pool, Jacuzzi and BBQ.
Oceanview bungalows are surrounded by tropical fishponds and they overlook the vibrant blue Pacific and the scenic Kohala Coast. The 2,700 square feet of indoor living space of each bungalow invites ultimate relaxation and the 1,300-square-foot outdoor lanai features a private pool, Jacuzzi and BBQ.
Mauna Lani Resort is a luxury oceanfront Hawaii golf resort with two championship courses, the Francis H. I'i Brown North and South Courses. Both golf courses offer a challenging experience to novice and professional golf enthusiasts alike. Mauna Lani was home to the Senior Skins Golf Game for 11 years and now hosts the prestigous Hawaii State Open in December. The Big Island golf courses at this luxury resort are masterpieces of design, each strikingly different, yet equally challenging. Each course is a world apart geographically, and in playing experience.
Spa & Fitness
The Mauna Lani Spa and the Mauna Lani Sports & Fitness Club are located a short walk or shuttle ride from the hotel. Guests will discover a uniquely Hawaiian spa retreat ranked one of the "World's Best Spas" by Conde Nast Traveler. The luxury spa is a reflection of the Island of Hawaii's splendid range of geographic wonders making it the ideal destination for a relaxing spa vacation. From the snowy peaks of Mauna Kea to the flowing lava of Kilauea, the spa's architecture, treatments and services draw from the colorful history and mythology of the land.
This luxury spa resort in Hawaii resembles a Hawaiian village with thatched hale for treatments, natural lava saunas, a meditation hale and a Watsu pool. Treatments include traditional Hawaiian therapies, baths, body treatments and massage therapy. A full-service Mauna Lani Salon offers pedicures, manicures and the latest hairstyles.
Mauna Lani Sports Club features state-of-the-art equipment, a wide array of fitness classes, a lap pool and a professional, friendly team to assist you with your fitness goals.
Mauna Lani Tennis Club offers plexipave courts-three are lit for night play. The open air signature stadium court features spectator seating for 500. Regardless of whether you're a pro or a beginner - the Mauna Tennis Club will find you a match.
- One car valet or self-parking
- Basic in-room internet
- Local and toll-free calls
- Domestic or international long distance calls – 30 minutes daily
- Daily snorkel equipment for up to four (4) hours (limited to four (4) registered guests per bungalow)
- One double beach cabana per day
- Access to the Mauna Lani Sports & Fitness Center (limited to four (4) registered guests per bungalow)
- Two bottles of water daily
- Mauna Lani Spa - $20 discount on one (1) spa treatment per day
- Makana Gift Shop 20% discount
- Bay Terrace Restaurant and Ocean Bar & Grill – 10% food discount for dinner & lunch (excludes happy hour, special promotions and events)
- Mauna Lani Golf Shop – 10% discount on retail & golf lessons
- Hulakai - 20% discount for one (1) stand-up paddle board rental, (One (1) coupon per stay)
- Hulakai - 20% discount for one (1) kayak rental, (One (1) coupon per stay)
- Mauna Lani Sea Adventures - 15% discount for sunset or snorkel sails on the “Winona” (sails are subject to a 10-passenger minimum)
- Located directly on Mauna Lani Bay
- Lap pool
- Beach cabanas
Staff and Services
- Round-trip ground transportation via SUV from and to Kona International Airport
- Pantry stocked on arrival with snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Daily buffet breakfast at Bay Terrace for up to six (6) guests
- Non-smoking bungalows
- Check in is at 3:00 pm
- Check out is at 12:00 noon
Additional Villa Notes
- Please note that the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows will be closed for renovations starting October 1, 2018 and is expected to last 14 months.