La Corte del Lago
La Corte del Lago is an elegant, historical, 7 bedroom villa located on the shores on Lake Como just a short drive from the "Jewel of Lake Como", Bellagio.
This villa is a wonderful base on Lake Como, giving the visitor the perfect place to stay, enjoy and understand just why Lake Como has the class and respect that it deserves.
The Villa is located on the lakeshore surrounded by the most beautiful extensive park with an elegant swimming pool, overlooked by centuries-old trees. Around the pool there is a sunbathing area where you can relax with a glass of chilled white wine enjoying the perfect climate of Lake Como. The friendly, unobtrusive owner's residence, which he uses only on weekends and holidays when he escapes from the city, is located on the far side of the park and driveway with its own independent parking area and garden.
The fantastic location of the property guaranteesthe perfect base for those who wish to get out and about and explore the area beyond Lake Como, i.e. Como, Lecco, Bergamo, Milano, or Lugano, which are all within a convenient,easy 90-minute drive or less from the property. For those who prefer boating on the water, the only problem is deciding whether to take the public boat to visit the many towns and villages which surround the lake or enjoy the lake with your own private boat and English speaking Captain - decisions, decisions...the choice is yours! For the foodies we have more good news! Literally a 2-minute walk from the villa, you have one of the best typical trattorias of the area. There is a also very good chef service ready to come into the property and prepare a special meal for you -- simply let us know and we can arrange this for you! If you want to pick up some Italian cooking techniques and secrets, this is the perfect opportunity for that as well.
The accommodations in the villa, which dates back to the end of the 19th century are located on two floors. The ground floor, to which you can drive up to from the main doorway, boasts the most elegant entrance with a marble fireplace, frescoed ceilings, chandeliers and wonderfully spacious living/dining area giving you a taste of what's in store. The lakeside terrace is easily accessed from many parts of this room. Also on this floor we have the one of the two only modern touches to the property -- the kitchen, which is so well equipped that even the most discerning gourmet chef will not be disappointed. The other modern touch is the television, offering a range of satellite channels. Three half bathrooms (toilet and sink only) and the well-equipped laundry room, which boasts both washing and drying machines as well as ironing facilities, are also to be found on this floor.
For those who prefer eating al fresco - the BBQ just a stone's throw from the kitchen will be a favorite place for you.
The first floor is easily reached by the elevator or the stairway - you choose. Here you will find seven bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. You can choose your room depending on whether you prefer one of the three twin bedded or one of the four queen bedded rooms, and of course you have also have a choice with the bathrooms: bathtub or shower. For those who wish to catch up on some reading or keep in touch with the folks back home, the first floor study, which boasts a beautiful lake view terrace, not to mention fast line internet connection, is the place for you.
- BBQ and outside dining area overlooking the Lake
- Sunbathing area with sun loungers, small tables, umbrellas and outdoor shower
- Towels for the pool
- Gym area
- Private Cellar
- A/C in every room
- Winter Heating
- Electric oven
- Coffee machine
- Fridge and freezer
- Sat TV
- DVD and CD player
- Music system throughout the villa
- Telephone for incoming and out going calls
- Wireless Internet access (bring your own laptop)
- Laundry room with washing and drying machine
- Ironing facilities
- Hairdryer in each bathroom
- Lake Como right on the Lakeshores
- Nearest Village: Limonta – 1 km
- Nearest Restaurant: a typical Italian Style Trattoria just outside the gate of the villa
- Nearest Public Means of Transport: Boat and Bus (both 5 minutes on foot)
- Nearest Shops: Bellagio – 6 km
- Milan: 75 km
- Como: 30 km
- Lecco: 20 km
- Verona: 170 km
- Lugano: 65 km
- Malpensa Airport: 90 km
- Linate Airport: 70 km
- Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport: 60 km
- Total number of bedrooms: 7
- 4 double bedrooms
- 3 twin bedrooms
- Total number of bathrooms: 10 (8+2 toilets)
- Bathrooms with bath tub: 2
- Bathrooms with shower: 6
- Swimming pool that can be heated and is 6x12 mt - 1.25 to 1.70 mt deep
- Final Cleaning is included in the rates
- Pool cleaning/maintenance
- Gardening Service
- Cook service available at an additional cost
- Air-Conditioning, Electricity, Phone and Heating are included in rates
- Private parking area for up to 5 cars
- English speaking manager on call available 24/7
- Private landing stage available for private boats
Additional Villa Notes
- All rentals are from Saturday to Saturday unless otherwise noted.
the-lakes Villa NotesDue to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 per person per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.