OverviewStanding on the banks of the Lake, Villa Garrovo is located within the 25 acres complex of the famous Hotel Villa D’ Este’s estate, which provides guests with the unique experience of marrying the intimacy and privacy of your own home on Lake Como with the unparalleled services and amenities that only a five star luxury Hotel can offer.
The villa was built in 1833 and completely refurbished in 2015. It is the ideal place for families and group of friends looking for a private home away from home yet with all comforts offered by the Villa d’Este and is perfect for very exclusive high-end stays.
This villa in its past has hosted royalty, Hollywood stars, musicians and writers, now it will be perfect for families or couples looking for ample space, or to soak up the Italian sun outside on their own veranda, in the hidden garden or on the large patio.
A stay at the Villa Garrovo is truly the best of both worlds: a private home where you can enjoy discretion and privacy, yet one provided with all the amenities and creature comforts offered by the world class service of a Villa d’Este Group property.
- Multi-functional room (gym and relaxation room)
- Bright and spacious living room with large windows connected with the elegant dining room that offer seating for up to 12 guests. The space features impressive glass windows overlooking the garden and the lake
- Fully-equipped kitchen completes this floor
A bright veranda opens onto a hidden garden where guests can relax and unwind. A second terrace is also available and faces the courtyard where the guests can entertain with their family and friends enjoying the beauty of Lake Como.
Do not miss the opportunity to have dinner at the restaurants on the premises and to admire the coast from the lake by hiring a boat through our complimentary concierge service.
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite marble bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Bedrooms 2 & 3 (First Floor): Two queen bedrooms with en-suite marble bathroom, with tub and shower
- Bedroom 4 (Second Floor): Master Suite with private balcony with relaxing garden and lake view, walk-in closet and en-suite generous marble bathroom with sauna and tub
- Bedrooms 5 & 6 (Second Floor): Two Queen bedrooms, each with en-suite marble bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms, flat screen satellite TV, laundry room, free Wi-Fi, safe and Villa d’Este courtesy line
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Flat screen satellite TV
- Laundry room
- Villa d’Este courtesy line
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Daily buffet breakfast served at the Hotel “Veranda” Restaurant, or continental breakfast served in villa with no
- Free membership to the Villa d’Este Sporting Club for in-house guests: gym, 8 tennis courts, swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), sauna and Turkish bath, putting green, jogging track and bicycles.
- Daily morning housekeeping service and turn down service
- Exclusive Chef service for one lunch or dinner at the villa, during the stay – cost of food and beverage not included
- In June, July and August: 60 minutes private boat tour on the Lake on board the Villa d’ Este Vaporina (up to 6 people, time and date to be confirmed in advance and subject to availability)
- Complimentary one way transfer from/to Milan airports/train station (up to 3 different arrival/departure times and
- up to a total of 12 people)
- Daily change of bath linen
- Garden maintenance
- Concierge service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- All incidentals - the hotel will apply the VAT applicable in Italy and subject to change by the Italian legislator without prior notification
- Electricity, A/C, heating, and water are included
- All extra services must be paid locally in CASH or by CC plus sales taxes, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
- Check-in starting from 10:00 am
- Check-out by 3:00 pm
The Lakes Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.