OverviewEstate Il Cigno consists of two spectacular villas, Villa Maria and Villa Serena, on the shore of Lake Como.
The properties offer stunning views of the lake and have recently been luxuriously restored and refurbished. The villas can be rented separately or combined.
The villas are completely state-of-the art, magnificently decorated with frescoes and have been luxuriously furnished down to the finest Italian linens and antiques from the owner’s collection. Each villa offers deluxe service and a staff including butler service.
A flood-lit landscaped park, about 2,000 square feet surrounds the estate. Boat rental can be arranged at an additional cost. Villa Maria, if rented separately, has exclusive use of the swimming pool unless other arrangements are made.
- Frescoed entrance hall
- Music room
- Living room and separate dining room, both with wood burning fireplaces
- Large, fully-equipped kitchen
- Additional sitting/TV room that opens to a terrace with stunning views
- Living room, bar/kitchenette
- Frescoed entrance hall
- Reading room with TV, fireplace and library
Roof Floor Level
- Frescoed cupola with central balcony
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Frescoed salon and dining room with double fireplace and access to lakeshore terrace
- Laundry room
- Il Cigno is located down a quarter-mile long gated road guarded by a quaint old gatehouse, in the midst of seven acres of luxuriant gardens and woods
- The property enjoys spectacular, unobstructed views of Lake Como
- The two residences are separated by a historic harbor flanked by ancient terracotta statues
- From the property’s park, you can exit through a private gate and enter the nearest village, with its charming square on the harbor, 17th-century church and the village’s garden with its lovely pergola
- Bedrooms 1-3 (Villa Maria - First Floor): 2 Lake-view queen bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom. 1 Courtyard-view queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedrooms 4-7 (Villa Maria - Second Floor): 2 Lake-view king bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom. 1 King bedroom and 1 queen bedroom each with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedrooms 8-10 (Villa Serena - First Floor): 2 Lake-view queen bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom. 1 Courtyard-view king bedroom with private bathroom
- Bedrooms 11-13 (Villa Serena - Second Floor): 2 Lake-view king bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom. 1 King bedroom with private bathroom
- 36-inch TV in both houses
- Both properties are fully air-conditioned
- Broadband internet access
- Private docks
- Private gym on the premises
- Satellite TV/DVD player
- Underground parking and villa interconnections
- 200 Square meter, 9 feet deep swimming pool with three separate sundecks and a panoramic view of the lake
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Daily housekeeping service for 4 hours (by two maids)
- Mid-week bed linen change (Wed)
- Daily bath linen change
- Villa Maria: 1 butler, 1 chef
- Villa Serena: 1 butler, 1 chef
- Use of one 20-knot speedboat and one 6-knot slow boat, for a total of to 13 guests, for each villa
- Butler service 6 days/week (one day off or two half-days off), from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm, with 3 and half hours rest in the afternoon
- Chef service 6 days/week (one day off or two half-days off), from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm, with 3 and half hours rest in the afternoon
- Breakfast from 8:45 am to 10:00 am – cost of food extra
- Lunch from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm – cost of food extra
- Dinner from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm – cost of food extra
- Garden maintenance 4 days per week
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Butler and cook extra hours (to be paid directly to the staff)
- Extra change of bed and bath linen
- Personal ironing
- Blevio - 400 meters
- Electricity, water, heating, and A/C are included
- Entrance gate code subject to seasonal change
- All detailed accounting of food and beverage expenses will be given to the guests and handled at the end of each week. The chef cannot advance cash for any food and beverage expenses
- All extra services must be paid locally in cash, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
- Children 8 and older are welcome
- Check-in 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm; Check-out by 10:00 am
The Lakes Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.