OverviewRight on the shore of Lake Como, Villa Maria combines old-world regal elegance, breathtaking surroundings, and white glove services for a true opulent living experience.
All bedrooms and living areas boast a selection of fine furniture and antiques from the owner’s collection, including a magnificent 1911 Steinway blond wood Grand piano. The 7-acre manicured park surrounding the property and the gated access road that leads to an ample underground private garage guarantees maximum privacy at all times. The villa staff is at guests’ disposal to experience Lake Como at its best, guests can enjoy a courtesy outboard-powered “Lucia” boat which is docked at the property at their disposal.
The villa is true state-of-the art, magnificently decorated with frescoes and has been luxuriously furnished down to the finest Italian linens and antiques from the owner’s collection. Villa Maria boasts a 1911 Steinway blond wood piano in the central living room. The property offers deluxe service and full staff including butler service. A flood-lit landscaped park, about 2,000 square feet, surrounds the estate. 1,000 feet of exclusive lake shoreline including a private dock with courtesy outboard-powered "Lucia" boat at guest disposal. Villa Maria shares quarters with Villa Serena. Guest have the option of renting the entire estate or just the villa with exclusive use of the swimming pool.
- Frescoed entrance hall
- Music room
- Living room and separate dining room both with wood burning fireplaces
- Large, fully-equipped kitchen
- Additional sitting/TV room that opens to a terrace with stunning views
- Living room
- Villa Maria is located down a quarter-mile long gated road guarded by a quaint old gatehouse, in the midst of seven acres of luxuriant gardens and woods
- The property enjoys spectacular, unobstructed views of Lake Como
- From the property park, you can exit through a private gate and enter the nearest village, with its charming square on the harbor, 17th-century church and the village’s garden with its lovely pergola
- Bedrooms 1 & 2 (First Floor): Two lake view queen bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Courtyard queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedrooms 4 & 5 (Second Floor): Lake view queen/twin bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6 (Second Floor): One courtyard view king/twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 7 (Second Floor): One bedroom with French bed (1.40 m wide) en-suite bathroom with shower
- All bedrooms have A/C and the bathrooms are provided with hair-dryers
- 36-inch TV
- Broadband Internet access
- Private docks
- Private gym on the premises
- Satellite TV/DVD player
- The property is fully air-conditioned
- Underground parking
- 200 Square meter, 9 feet deep heated swimming pool with three separate sundecks with a panoramic view of the lake
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Daily housekeeping service for 4 hours (by two maids)
- Mid-week bed linen change (Wed)
- Daily bath linen change
- Butler service 6 days/week (one day off or two half-days off), from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm, with 3 and half hours rest in the afternoon
- Chef service 6 days/week (one day off or two half-days off), from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm, with 3 and half hours rest in the afternoon
- Breakfast from 8:45 am to 10:00 am – cost of food extra
- Lunch from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm – cost of food extra
- Dinner from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm – cost of food extra
- Use of one 20-knot speedboat and one 6-knot slow boat, for a total of to 13 guests
- Garden maintenance 4 days per week
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Butler and cook extra hours (to be paid directly to the staff)
- Extra change of bed linen or bath linen
- Personal ironing
- Blevio - 400 meters
- Electricity, water, heating, and A/C is included
- Entrance gate code subject to seasonal change
- Children 8 and older are welcome
- All detailed accounting of food and beverage expenses will be given to the guests and handled at the end of each week. The chef cannot advance cash for any food and beverage expenses
- Check-in 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm; Check-out by 10:00 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
The Lakes Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.