OverviewRight on the shore of Lake Como, Villa Serena combines old-world regal elegance, breathtaking surroundings, and white glove services for a true opulent living experience.
All bedrooms and living areas boast a selection of fine furniture and antiques from the owner’s collection. The 7-acre manicured park surrounding the property and the gated access road that leads to an ample underground private garage guarantees maximum privacy at all times. The villa staff is at guests’ disposal to experience Lake Como at its best, guests can enjoy a courtesy outboard-powered “Lucia” boat is docked at the property at their disposal.
The villa is true state-of-the art, magnificently decorated with frescoes and has been luxuriously furnished down to the finest Italian linens and antiques from the owner’s collection. Villa Serena boasts a 1900 Blutner Grand piano in the living room. The property offers deluxe service and full staff including butler service. A flood-lit landscaped park, about 2,000 square feet, surrounds the estate. 1,000 Feet of exclusive lake shoreline including a private dock with courtesy outboard-powered "Lucia" boat at guest disposal. Villa Serena shares quarters with Villa Maria. When Villa Maria is booked, guests at villa Serena can enjoy the private rectangular pool (12 m x 3 m).
- Frescoed entrance hall
- Reading room with TV, fireplace and library
Roof Floor Level
- Frescoed cupola with central balcony
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Frescoed salon and dining room with double fireplace and access to lakeshore terrace
- Laundry room
- Villa Maria is located down a quarter-mile long gated road guarded by a quaint old gatehouse, in the midst of seven acres of luxuriant gardens and woods
- The property enjoys spectacular, unobstructed views of Lake Como
- From the property park, you can exit through a private gate and enter the nearest village, with its charming square on the harbor, 17th-century church and the village's garden with its lovely pergola
- Bedroom 1 (Garden Level): One king/twin bedroom with balcony on the lake, and en-suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 2 (Garden Level): One queen bedroom with balcony on the lake and en-suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 3 (Garden Level): One queen bedroom with private bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 4 & 5 (Roof Floor Level): Two lake view king/twin bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 6 (Roof Floor Level):One king/twin bedroom with garden view and en-suite bathroom with tub
- Air Conditioning
- Private dock
- Satellite TV
- Washer & Dryer
- When Villa Maria is booked, guests at villa Serena can enjoy the private, heated rectangular pool (12 m x 3 m).
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Daily housekeeping service for 2 hours (by two maids) – from 8:30 am to 10:30 am
- Mid-week bed linen change (Wed)
- Daily bath linen change
- Butler service from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm, with 3 and half hours rest in the afternoon, (one full day, or two half days off, per week, at choice)
- Chef service from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm, with 3 and half hours rest in the afternoon (one full day, or two half days off, per week, at choice)
- Breakfast from 8:45 am to 10:00 am – cost of food extra
- Lunch from 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm – cost of food extra
- Dinner from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm – cost of food extra
- Garden maintenance 4 days per week
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Butler and cook extra hours (to be paid directly to the staff)
- Extra change of bed linen
- Personal ironing
- Blevio - 400 meters
- Electricity, water, heating, and A/C is included
- Entrance gate code subject to seasonal change
- All detailed accounting of the food and beverage expenses will be given to the guests and handled at the end of each week. The chef cannot advance cash for any food and beverage expenses
- Check-in 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm; Check-out by 10:00 am
- Children 8 and older are welcome
The Lakes Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.