OverviewVilla Cleo is located in Avlaki, situated between the port of Hydra and the village of Kaminia.
Placed on the west facing slope it provides stunning views of Tselevinia islands to the island of Spetses.
The house was constructed by Venetian architects around 1808, as a residence for Admiral A. Miaoulis and was restored between 1993 to 1997. Today the house is listed as a monument by the Greek Archaeological Society, consisting of the main building and two single story outbuildings. All decorative elements, i.e. painted ceilings, wooden beam ceilings, apses around windows and doors, cupboards, were accurately restored and modernization took place in areas needing to provide comfort for residents.
Villa Cleo is composed of three different buildings that communicate through a large tree-covered patio which leads to the main house, functional and storage spaces.
The main house consists of a large entrance and adjusted hall, living and dining area, and two spacious bedrooms. Large windows provide great views to the sea and the surrounding. The eastern building has two double air conditioned bedrooms, as well as a seating-dining area in-between. The southern building consists of a small seating area, two double bedrooms and kitchen. An independent space with desk provides a quiet corner for the residents. A door from this building leads up to the large veranda with a breathtaking view to the sea and garden.
Living in this historical building, despite the decorative elements chosen by its original inhabitants, you feel the austerity of the bare surroundings that forced the natives of Hydra to become world class traders and ship owners. Each of the large windows of the main house is in itself a portrait changing continually. The veranda overlooking the garden is ideal for relaxing after a day of swimming watching the sun set and enjoying a cool drink.
- Large entrance and hall
- Spacious living and dining area
- Kitchen and dining corner
- 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, ceiling fans, movable A/C
- Sitting and dining area
- 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with shower, A/C
- Small seating area
- Independent space with desk
- 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Large patio with views to the sea and garden
- Bedrooms 1 & 2 (Main House): 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, ceiling fans, movable A/C
- Bedrooms 3 & 4 (Volume 1): 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with shower, A/C
- Bedroom 5 (Volume 2): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower, movable A/C
- Bedroom 6 (Volume 2): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower, floor fan
- Air conditioning
- 2 Kitchens
- Ceiling fans
- Outdoor dining area
- From beach: 5 min walk
Staff and Services
- Daily maid service
- Change of linen twice per week
- From airport: Athens, 1 hour boat ride
- From port: 10 min walk
- From town: 10 min walk
More Greece Villa Notes
- Please note: because sewage pipes in Greece are approximately 2 inches in diameter, toilet paper cannot be flushed down the toilet.
Additional Villa Notes
- Rates are based on weekly rentals
- Daily rates can be requested and a surcharge may apply
- For stays between June 18-September 10 there is a 2 week minimum rental requirement. Exceptions may be allowed depending on the property and availability.
- Arrivals and departures are on Saturdays only, unless agreed upon otherwise at the time of booking
- Check-in time is from 1pm to 8pm
- Check-out time is until 11am