OverviewFormer Cardinal's residence completely restored with 6 bedrooms and bathrooms, air-conditioning, a swimming pool, and a tennis court, located in the heart of the historic town of Villeneuve les Avignon.
Located in the heart of the historic town of Villeneuve les Avignon, this restored house is within easy reach of historic and cultural spots, as well as local markets, shops, and restaurants that are all close by. The town is well known for its local market on Thursday and the antique market on Saturday. There are many good restaurants nearby and regular bus lines to Avignon.
- Hall entrance with fireplace
- TV salon with DVD player, iPod dock station, Satellite TV
- 2nd salon
- Dining room
- Fully equipped Kitchen (fridge, Nespresso, Microwave, blender, wine cupboard, large cooker, large electric oven, dishwasher, toaster, juicer, coffee machine (filter))
- Laundry with washing machine, dryer, ironing station
- Cellar with fridge, ice maker
- 6 Bedrooms with 6 en-suite bathrooms.
This stylish home away from home offers everything you would possibly expect from a typical French holiday, right at your doorstep.
- Bedroom 1 (Downstairs): King size bed (180) - (can be converted into 2 single beds), en-suite bathroom with shower, WC, basin, electric heating
- Bedroom 2 (Downstairs): King size bed (180) - (can be converted into 2 single beds), A/C, en-suite bathroom with tub, WC, basin
- Bedroom 3 (Upstairs): Queen size bed (160), A/C, en-suite bathroom with Italian shower, WC, basin
- Bedroom 4 (Upstairs): King size bed (180) - (can be converted into 2 single beds), A/C, en-suite bathroom with Italian shower, WC, basin
- Bedroom 5 (Upstairs): King size bed (180) - (can be converted into 2 single beds), A/C, en-suite bathroom with Italian shower, WC, basin
- Bedroom 6 (Upstairs): King size bed (180) - (can be converted into 2 single beds), A/C, en-suite bathroom with shower, WC, basin. This one could be the Master Bedroom with its own office (desk, important library, safe) and its own access to the garden
- Wireless Internet
- Alarm system
- iPod docking stations
- Baby equipment (cot, high chair)
- Satellite TV
- Wine cupboard
- Large cooker with 6 gas range
- Large electric oven
- Coffee machine
- Laundry with washing machine
- Ironing station
- Ice maker
- Swimming pool is gated (9 m x 5 m, depth 1.20 m-2 m)
- Pool is open May to October
Staff and Services
- Cleaning: 4 hours per day, 2 days per week
- Linen changed on Saturday
- English meet and greet
- Final cleaning
- Welcome basket with champagne, fruits juice, sparkling and plate water, local products
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Cook or Chef at home on request
- Cooking class
- This village of Villeneuve lez Avignon is located on a small hill overlooking the Rhône River. This village hosts many medieval monuments. such as the the Philippe Lebel tower, or the Prieuré cloister and renowned restaurants. There are also bakeries, groceries, cafés, banks with everything within easy reach from the home.
- The closest highway is the A9, exit Remoulins, 15 minutes drive away. This highway goes from the Spanish border to Orange with connections for all major cities of the south east of France.
- The closest train station is at Avignon, 10 minutes drive away, which is served by the TGV (Train Grande Vitesse) that goes to Paris in 2 hours and 40 minutes!
- The closest airport is Avignon (15 kilometers) or Nîmes-Garons (60 kilometers) with daily flights to / from Paris (at Avignon with Air France) and London (at Nîmes with Ryan Air). But most international connections are made through international airports such as Marseille-Marignane (90 kilometers away), or Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
- Owner lives near this house and is able to provide guests with information about the local area
- Parking available behind the house
Provence Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.