OverviewMansion Sophia, a house beloved by photographers and featured in many magazines around the world, is located in the peaceful traditional village of Megalochori, a short drive away from the best attractions & beaches of Santorini.
This famous villa was built around the mid-19th century and inhabited by one of the feudal landlords of the island at that time. These merchants and landlords became wealthy exporting the unique Vinsanto wine, which the island still produces. Megalochori had a particularly strong link with Odessa in Russia and many of the church bells which still toll in the village today are from Russia.
The villa is situated just a short stroll from the central village square in Santorini with its pretty churches and picturesque Venetian bell towers. The village, with its winding cobbled pathways, is free of traffic. Access to the house is through imposing large wooden entrance gates into a secluded and very pretty private courtyard, with garden and a beautiful Moroccan-style swimming pool. There is also a smaller courtyard where the guests can enjoy dining «al fresco» under the Santorini skies whilst absorbing the village atmosphere almost within arms reach.
The mansion has been beautifully renovated to provide all modern amenities, yet retaining the character and style of the original house. Double doors lead directly from the courtyard into a spacious living and dining area with superb high vaulted ceilings and original polished wooden floors. The two bedrooms lead off from either side of the central living room. One bathroom in hushed hues with modern amenities is shared between both bedrooms. The kitchen has an original stone arch which now serves as a washing up and preparation area. Modern amenities include air-conditioning in both bedrooms, free internet access, satellite TV & DVD, Ipod & Ipad docking station and a complimentary mobile phone.
Mansion Sophia the villa of choice for the perfect honeymoon or for guests who desire absolute privacy and relaxation in a stylish and romantic environment.
- Air Conditioning in both bedrooms
- Alfresco dining (table & chairs in the kitchen courtyard)
- Bed linens
- Complimentary mobile telephone with prepaid card
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access
- DVD player
- Filter coffee maker
- Fully equipped kitchen
- iPod with Docking Station
- Korres natural amenities
- One 5 seat manual car rental (third party insurance & unlimited kilometers included)
- Pool loungers and umbrella in the courtyard
- Pool towels
- Pots & pans
- Slippers provided
- Moroccan-style swimming pool
- Pool size: Width 3.4 meters, Length 5 meters, Depth 1.55 meters
Staff and Services
- Daily housekeeping service
- Concierge Services
- Complimentary private transfer from/to port or airport (one per reservation)
- Car rental - The vehicle provided is usually a 5 seat hatch back, which is very well suited to the narrow roads of the island. Third party insurance & unlimited kilometers are included. CDW (collision damage waiver) insurance is extra
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Grocery shopping service & delivery
- Private masseuse
- Private tour guide & boat
- The peaceful little village of Megalochori is a much sought after and appreciated holiday base from which to enjoy the many attractions of this unique island. Only 6 km from the busy town of Fira, it is another world and an ideal holiday base for those who want to relax and enjoy the many attractions of Santorini from a different perspective. The location of the village is perfect, as the most significant touristic attractions and the best beaches of the island are only minutes’ drive away.
- Weddings available at an extra cost - Our villas are offering large spectacular courtyards, perfect for small intimate weddings. We work with the best wedding planners, caterers & photographers to make your special day unforgettable
Santorini Villa Notes
- Most Villas in Santorini, Greece are closed from December to March. Please check availability with your villa specialist for a specific villa.