OverviewSitting on a 120-hectare estate producing organic oranges, mandarins and clementines, villa Tangeri offers its guests a chance to live, taste and smell the best of Sicily.
This 8-bedroom restored farmhouse on two levels shows traditional architectural features and it is tastefully furnished with a great selection of original antiques. The light nuances of the walls and the decorative fabrics create a vibrant and pleasant mood in each room. Outdoor space also features an impressive swimming pool and a private lighted tennis court. The villa’s location is perfect for day trips to Catania, Siracusa, Taormina and Mount Etna, the tallest active volcano in Europe and recently declared UNESCO World Heritage site.
Villa Tangeri is the quintessential property for those who love picking fruit straight from the tree, or who want to enjoy the outdoor living with extreme privacy and experience luxury in this verdant area of Sicily.
- Furnished library/tea room with fireplace, large sofas and plush armchairs
- The sitting room and dining room are drenched in natural light through massive windows that overlook the manicured garden featuring pines, oleanders, acacias, lavender, myrtle and bay
- The kitchen is also on this floor
- Furnished belvedere offering breathtaking views of Mount Etna.
- The main house provides a furnished loggia to enjoy the afternoon breeze during the hottest hours of the day
- The villa is surrounded by a vast estate producing organic oranges, mandarins and clementines
- The private gardens are impeccably maintained and feature pines, oleanders, acacias, along with aromatic Mediterranean plants and varieties of succulents
- Between the main villa and the annex, the large swimming pool defines another comfortable living area with elegant lounging chairs, tables and shades
- Part of the private garden is also the lighted tennis court
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower, access to the garden
- Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor): Queen/twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower, access to the garden
- Bedrooms 3 & 4 (Ground Floor): Queen/twin bedrooms with en-suite bathroom with tub, access to the garden
- Bedroom 5 (First Floor): Master queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with tub and access to private terrace
- Bedroom 6 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedrooms 7 & 8 (First Floor): Queen/twin bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (1 with tub, 1 with shower)
- Ceiling fans
- Central heating throughout the villa
- Finnish sauna and massage room (use and services upon request)
- Flat screen satellite TV with SKY
- Fully equipped industrial kitchen
- Hi-Fi system with iPod dock
- Independent air-conditioning units in all bedrooms
- Lighted tennis court
- Ping-pong table
- Private access through remote controlled gate
- Window screens
- Beach Establishment - 30 minutes
- Swimming pool
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Meet and greet at Catania Airport on arrival (one for group)
- Daily housekeeping service for up to 7 hours per day
- Cook and waiter service for up to 7 hours per day (for 3 meals per day) – cost of ingredients extra
- Midweek bath and pool towels change (Wed)
- Pool and garden maintenance
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Additional housekeeping service
- Extra cook service
- Extra waiter service
- Personal laundry
- Grocery shopping service
- Massages, tennis lessons, Yoga lessons, cooking lessons, Finnish sauna: inquire for price
- Catania - 30 minutes
- Taormina - 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Siracusa - 1 hour
- Scordia - 15 minutes
- Electricity, A/C, heating, and water are included
- Caretaker lives on the premises in separate quarters
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Sicily Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.