OverviewTucked within Galle’s historic seventeenth century fortress on the south coast of Sri Lanka, this majestic five-bedroom private villa, the former residence of the Sri Lankan Ambassador to Pakistan, Iraq and Bangladesh is bursting with colonial charm.
Ambassador’s House boasts abundant living space, including a roof terrace and huge lounge, as well as an elongated swimming pool and a lush, palm-shaded courtyard. An experienced staff team, including a private chef, welcome guests with traditional Sri Lankan hospitality and tend to every need to ensure that families and friends can relax and cherish their time soaking up the nostalgia of these elegant surroundings.
- Bedroom 1 (Master): King size bed, en-suite bathroom, rattan planter's lounge, antique wardrobe, private living space, direct access to roof terrace, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito net
- Bedroom 2: Two double beds, en-suite bathroom, direct access to roof terrace via a private veranda, antique wardrobe, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito net
- Bedroom 3: Double size bed, en-suite bathroom, access to plunge pool, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito nets
- Bedroom 4: Double size bed, en-suite bathroom, access to plunge pool, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito nets
- Bedroom 5: Double size bed, en-suite bathroom, access to plunge pool, air conditioning, fan-cooled, linen mosquito nets
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Baby cot
- Barbecue grill
- Dining for 10
- Fan-cooled lounge
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Furnished veranda
- High chair
- iPod docking station
- Pavilion with sofas
- Plunge pool
- Stairgates and playpen for baby
- Telephone for local calls
- Tropical gardens
- TV lounge with 42-inch screen
- Wireless internet
- Private plunge pool
Staff and Services
- Villa supervisor
- Service staff
- 24-Hour security
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Car and driver - 24 hours prior notice
- Galle - 0.6 miles
- Unawatuna - 3.7 miles
- Dalawella - 4.3 miles
- Thalpe - 4.9 miles
- Hikkaduwa - 12.4 miles
- Mirissa - 24.8 miles
- Matara - 27.9 miles
- Tangalle - 49.7
- Colombo - 72.7 miles
- International Airport - 90 miles
- Kandy - 144 miles
- Dambulla - 164 miles
- Nuwara Eliya - 180.1 miles
- Seemingly timeless, Galle Fort’s richly historic walls have given shelter to a dizzying array of merchants, traders, colonialists and foreign nationals over the years, who have all left their indelible mark on this seventeenth century Dutch fortress. Narrow streets bearing English and Dutch names exhibit an astounding concentration of colonial properties whose delicate fretwork, magnificent columns and ornate plasterwork constantly inspire.
- Walk atop the fort’s grassy western ramparts are a highlight for many and these stoic walls, mere footsteps from your front door, are the venue for boisterous cricket matches, couples stealing private moments together and kamikaze jumpers launching themselves into the sea below. Museums showcasing the fort’s rich history plus many restaurants, street side cafes and independent boutiques are a five-minute walk away.
- Ambassador’s House is exceptionally well equipped for families. Facilities include a high chair; baby cot; car seat; books; games; stair gates; playpen; baby bath; changing mat.
- On request, and for an additional charge, your villa supervisor can arrange for a car and driver. Please give 24 hours prior notice.