OverviewAbsolutely magnificent in every way! Isla Vista commands sweeping sea views from a breezy hillside, tucked in its own private enclave behind an electronic gate.
Lushly landscaped grounds surround this very secluded three-bedroom luxury home, bordered by pristine Virgin Islands National Park lands, but conveniently situated only a few minutes' drive into Cruz Bay. Isla Vista features a spacious two-level floor plan with stunning custom interiors expanded by dramatic island views stretching to the horizon.
Arriving into the paved courtyard, Isla Vista's arched portico ushers you into the gallery. A grand arched doorway trimmed with island mahogany frames the pool just outside; with a tiled travertine deck for sunbathing punctuated by gardens and stately palm trees, the pool area overlooks a picture postcard panorama of sky and sea, Cruz Bay below, the green expanse of unspoiled National Park, and St. Thomas in the distance.
The gallery opens to the Great Room, offering plush sofas for conversation, reading, relaxing or watching satellite TV or the latest DVD movie. The Great Room also features a handsome mahogany and marble wet bar for cocktails and a formal dining area for six.
On the other side of the entry hallway is Isla Vista's fantastic gourmet kitchen. With lots of space for chefs and onlookers, this grand area is beautifully crafted in mahogany cabinetry, granite countertops, and features a professional gas cooktop, a bountiful array of cooking and serving pieces, lots of small appliances and an office nook - all wonderfully laid out and equipped. Adjoining the kitchen is a separate open-air covered barbeque room with a stainless steel gas grill.
From the kitchen through the gallery, past an eye-catching large trompe l'oeil wall mural, is the villa's first king bedroom. And just down the hall is Isla Vista's second king bedroom, a sophisticated pool-level sanctuary with its own secluded garden patio. Both pool-level air-conditioned bedrooms feature California king beds, and share a lavish bath with double sinks and a separate WC. Arched mahogany french doors connect each bedroom to the pool and sun deck just outside, perfect for an impromptu midnight swim.
A graceful staircase ascends from Isla Vista's main-level gallery to the opulent master suite. The modern mahogany four-poster king bed, personally designed with handcarved pineapple accents, faces a wide arched doorway which escorts you out to the dramatic curved balcony set with table and chairs for two. This favorite spot overlooks the pool and the magnificent sea vistas in the distance; this balcony is the place to be for cocktails and savoring technicolor sunsets every evening. The large master bath is pure splendor, with a sleek travertine vanity with double sinks, a separate WC, a step-out balcony, and just outside, your own private alfresco shower pavilion bordered by serpentine walls which curve around manicured gardens. The shower pavilion expands into a tiled terrace, a private and peaceful spot for reading and quality time together.
Isla Vista's exclusive breeze-swept Caneel Hill location and its amazing views are indeed impressive, but the artful interior design and its polished luxe detail put this home in a special class by itself: cool, smooth travertine floors throughout, vaulted cypress ceilings, rich mahogany cabinetry (some with handcarved detail), windows and doors, exquisitely-designed custom lighting inside and out, and artistic stained glass windows. The motif of grand arches continues throughout Isla Vista, gracefully melding one part of this villa with another; the floor plan has a very pleasing flow and provides lots of space and seclusion. Designer furnishings are absolutely top-notch, elegant and placed with your ease and comfort in mind.
All of St. John's shopping and dining pleasures are conveniently nearby - it's only a quick 5-minute drive from Isla Vista into Cruz Bay.
Refined perfection and luxurious privacy reign at Isla Vista. Share the many sun-kissed pleasures of St. John and the beauty of this superb home - what a memorable backdrop to lazy days spent here unwinding and lazing in the sun. This is the ultimate couples' vacation oasis - romantic, unparalleled, and way beyond five stars. Wonderful!
- 3 California kings
- Upper-level master suite has an adjoining alfresco shower under a large roofed pavilion
- 4 satellite TVs: a 46-inch flat-screen satellite TV in Great Room with a Bose audio system, with DVD/CD player and poolside speakers, a 33-inch flat-screen satellite TV in both the second king and the master bedroom, + a 46-inch flat-screen satellite TV in the first king bedroom, 3 iPod docks/radio; movie + music collections, books + games. A/C in all three bedrooms; Wi-Fi for your laptop, all-in-one printer + answering machine; automatic generator; beach chairs + coolers; electronic gate into the property, dishwasher, laundry
- Nearest Beach: Caneel Bay Hotel's beaches and Hawksnest Beach; all the beautiful north shore National Park beaches are just minutes away
- 35 feet long (irregular shape) x 3' to 5' deep, with built-in bubbling jacuzzi which overflows into the pool
Staff and Services
- Housekeeping: one visit per week (if staying 7 nights or more)
- Minimum age for children is 12
- There is an apartment above Isla Vista's double garage, outside the villa, which remains empty during guests' stays. Your total privacy is assured during your stay at Isla Vista.
Additional Villa Notes
- A 7-night minimum at full Thanksgiving rate required on all rentals which occur during any portion of the Thanksgiving holiday week.
- Rates are based on the highest occupany level during the stay.
- 4pm Check-In