OverviewWelcome to Etoile de Mer, a four-bedroom, free-standing, oceanfront/beachfront villa in the gated Shore Pointe development in Cupecoy, Saint Maarten.
Etoile de Mer sits at the edge of the sea in the private village of Shore Point right on the French/Dutch Border. Like an exquisite microcosm of a gleaming white Greek island, the villas of Shore Point are individual, elegant gems within a luxurious gated community. The entrance to Etoile de Mer is framed by lush tropical bushes and classic white columns. An elegant frosted glass door opens to the dramatic descending marble staircase that transports you to the main living area and a stunning view of the blue sky, Caribbean Sea and the outer islands.
The contemporary interiors, with tumbled travertine floors, flow through stunning glass and wood sliding doors right onto a spacious covered terrace and deck. The wraparound space is perfect for outdoor dining and lounging. Graceful arches and columns draw your eye to the deep blue pool that seems to flow straight to the sea.
The interior décor blends tropical tones and patterns with teak woods accents; elegant and comfortable. Colorful local art adorns the walls throughout the villa. The open plan living area features a high-end kitchen with luxury appliances, beautiful woods and stainless steel. The indoor dining area is between the kitchen and the view. The large main living area combines lounging and media spaces with a fully equipped office nook. A powder room is conveniently located on the first floor.
The four equal size bedrooms have king size beds, sea views, private outdoor seating areas and beautiful en suite bathrooms. Each room features a romantic iron canopy bed and soft white color scheme accented with tropical prints. Each of the spa style bathroom with walk in showers; the décor combines woods, glass, tiles and river stones with sleek brushed chrome fixtures. One bathroom has a large soaking tub.
Although private, you are very close to amenities. 3 minutes to Puerto Cupecoy with a terrific little gourmet market, wonderful restaurants and stunning views. Two more minutes to Escape, the hot new restaurant/bar; the laidback Bar Code; the eclectic restaurants of STARZ casino highlighted by Temptation and just beyond to the Maho area. In 5 minutes you reach the airport, 10 minutes to the charming French capital of Marigot and about 30 minutes to either Grand Case or Phillipsburg.
- Bedroom 1: King bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, shower/bath/tub
- Bedroom 2: King bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, shower/bath
- Bedroom 3: King bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, shower/bath
- Bedroom 4: King bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom, shower/bath
- Air-conditioned bedrooms and living room
- Al fresco dining
- Ceiling fan
- CO2 free electric mosquito trap
- Coffee machine
- DVD player
- Electric gate to villa
- Gas BBQ
- Ice machine
- Plasma TV
- Stereo (CD/tape)
- USA/Canada phone line (Vonage line via internet)
- Voltage 110
- Wine Euro-cave
- Wireless internet
Staff and Services
- Night watchman
- Pool service
- 15-minute drive to Marigot
- 5-minute walk to grocery store
- Maximum 8 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Equipped with the CO2 free electric mosquito trap
- Occasionally, due to the weather conditions or after a sea storm, the beach in front of the villa can be rocky from time to time. If the beach is too rocky, guests can access the beach of Cupecoy from another entrance, or Mullet Bay beach is located less than 1 kilometer away from the villa.
Additional Villa Notes
- Minimum 7 night stay is required
- Christmas Holiday – Minimum 14 night stay is required and dates vary based on the property and availability
- Shorter stays can be arranged on request
- Please note: For guests staying during the SXM Festival (March 14 - 18, 2018), the follwing terms apply:
- 7 night rental minimum.
- No party and outside guests will be allowed on the property.
- Maximum occupancy of two persons per bedroom & on the property.
- No drug allowed on the property.
- A $3,000 security deposit (Mandatory and for any booking request within those dates, unless we already have a rental history with your guests) to $5,000 security deposit according to the property, must be collected by the booking agent and must be send to Carimo with the guests final payment (no deposit on credit card will be accepted). Carimo & its homeowners reserve the right to charge an additional fee for extra cleaning or damage but to also to keep the full security deposit if we found out that extra guests stayed on the property and/or an event took place on the property without our approval – If no damage, extra cleaning, extra guests or event have been reported to us upon the guests departure, we will refund the security deposit to the guests directly or to the booking agent within 7 days upon the guests departure.