Villa La Turchese is a beautiful villa in a rustic country style setting overlooking ruins of a Roman tower, the Mediterranean Sea spanning to the Bay of Naples. Accommodations at La Turchese will comfortably accommodate up to 10 guests.
Situated right on the coast on the San Lorenzo peninsula between Sorrento and Positano, this beautiful villa has spectacular views over the ruins of a Roman tower, to the Mediterranean Sea and the Bay of Naples. The city of Naples with Mount Vesuvius in the background is just across the bay. Nearby in the town of Massa Lubrense, you'll find some basic shops and a food market. There are many restaurants in the vicinity of the property. Although it's a steep climb, villa residents will have access to a small private beach just below the villa. Several more accessible beaches are located within a 10 to 20 minute drive.
Turchese is surrounded by gardens with lemon groves, olive trees and a wide variety of plants. A beautiful Florentine terracotta tile staircase leads down from the main entrance gate to a two-story white stucco house with a large terrace offering a 180-degree view of the sea and the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida. A lovely garden path decorated with flowers in terracotta pots, leads down to a one-bedroom guesthouse. The swimming pool (12 x 6m) and terrace, surrounded by olive trees, feature stunning views of the sea and outlying islands.
Each room on the property has access to a terrace or balcony with sea views. Although there is no formal interior dining room, meals are taken on the terrace, under a portico, shaded by an impressive old carob tree. Wi-fi has recently been added for laptop and Ipad use and cell phones will have better reception due to this upgrade.
Features a living room with a couch, armchairs, a TV (local and satellite channels), and a door leading to the balcony. Two staircases on different sides of the house lead to the kitchen, which is decorated with beautiful Vietri tiles and Carrara marble countertops in a rustic/country style. There are two refrigerators, a gas stove, an electric oven, and dishwasher. The kitchen has a dining table with marble top seating six people. Adjacent to the kitchen is a bathroom with a shower. The sitting room or 5th-bedroom (two twins positioned as sofas or beds) has antique furniture and an old safe dating back to 1500. A guest en-suite bathroom is accessible from the library.
The upper entrance leads into the bedroom level through a long hallway. The first bedroom has two 90 cm single beds and a balcony with a view of the island of Procida. There is a bathroom with tub and shower at the end of the hall. The second bedroom is a master bedroom with a 160 cm queen-size bed, an en suite bathroom with walk-in shower, and a terrace with an amazing view of the island of Capri and the Bay of Neaples. The third bedroom has a 160 cm queen-size bed, a balcony with a view of the island of Ischia, and an en suite bathroom with walk-in shower.
On the lower level of the garden (19 steps down), is an air-conditioned guesthouse with a small sitting room with two 90 cm single beds, a bathroom with shower, and a large terrace. There is the option of accommodating another guest in livingroom of the Guest House with a twin pull-out-couch, perfect for a child. (The Guest House is only available, with the pool, from May 15th to October 15th.)
- Satellite TV
- Radio/CD player
- Massa Lubrense - 2 kms
- Sorrento - 7 kms
- Positano - 21 kms
- Naples - 58 kms
- Rome - 273 kms
- Heating and air-conditioning are featured in the upstairs bedrooms and guest studio
- Fans are provided for all downstairs rooms however it is a very cool house due to the way its built
- There is a rock beach club, under the house: "Captain Cook" that can be reached walking or with a small shuttel bus, that has a restaurant too
- The swimming pool is open from early May to mid-October
- Butler: The Butler, Muche, cleans and makes the bedrooms in the morning, serves at the table meals, prepares the table, cleans it up and cleans dishes, washes and irons sheets in the afternoon. He works from 8am to 2pm and from 5pm to 9pm and is off on Sundays and Thursday afternoons.
- For July and August, Anna is available full time for all guests. She cooks and helps Muche cleaning the rooms in the morning. She can prepare also a meal for the evening that can be heated up if they wish. The cook is not available for the months of May, June and October.
- Linens changed once per week, but can be changed more often if necessary
- Pool Service once a week included
- Personal laundry also available on request at additional cost.
- Limousine service can also be arranged on request at an additional charge from either Naples or Rome. Boat service is also available upon request at additional cost.
- It is customary to leave a 4% gratuity for the staff
- One-week minimum stay
- Telephone charges are extra (pre-paid calling cards are recommended)
- Check in: between 4pm and 7pm
- Check out: 10am
- Property also includes parking spaces for up to three cars
amalfi-coast Villa NotesDue to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 per person per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.