OverviewIn ancient mythology, Feronia is an Italic goddess associated with wildlife, fertility, and abundance.
Villa Feronia, a stunning luxury villa set majestically on the outskirts of Florence, fully embodies those associations thanks to its rich grounds that include a pond, oak and cypress trees, bountiful olive groves, generous vineyards, and endless breathtaking views of the Renaissance city and its magnificent cathedral, The Duomo.
Villa Feronia, which dates back to 14th century and is known to have been the residence of one of the most renowned Renaissance painters, is composed of five buildings on the same estate. It can accommodate up to 38 guests, making it one of the largest villas to rent in Tuscany. There are many treasures to discover in the surrounding areas: the famous Chianti wine region is within easy reach; the art city of Florence with its rich history, architecture and cuisine is just a 15-minute drive away; and Lucca and Siena are each less than one hour away. Villa Feronia is the place where you can feel the energies of the past and the present come together, from where you can start your day exploring Tuscany’s main attractions, and where you can relax during the evening over a great glass of wine and a scrumptious local meal. The only thing you will not like is having to leave this little slice of heaven.
Each building features a living area, fully equipped kitchen, and spacious common interiors, all designed to facilitate comfortable gatherings for cooking, dining, and relaxing. The elegant rooms are meticulously decorated, striving to achieve a simple elegance, typical of the chic Tuscan country style in which less is more. Everything is in perfect balance, with excellent furniture, beautiful wall art and rich fabric all beautifully blended together.
The estate includes designed gardens with lounging areas where you can relax while enjoying one of the most spectacular city views available from the countryside that includes Florence’s skyline in the distance with its unmistakable cathedral dome. Two beautifully designed swimming pools that shimmer in the sun invite guests to cool off from the summer heat; the infinity swimming pool can be heated on request. Relishing savory and elegant meals al fresco under the stars is just one of the varieties of purely joyful experiences you can have at Villa Feronia. Also available to guests is the villa’s vegetable garden with its deliciously ripe seasonal produce.
Located in the suburbs of Florence, with its Duomo dome visible in the distance, Villa Feronia is a wine country luxury estate. With daily continental breakfast included, this chic villa is a great choice for very large groups, multi-generational reunions, business retreats, celebrations and weddings. The villa has a sleek country vibe, with original and beautifully aged parquet floors and architectural details dating back to 14th century. The sense of age at this modernized property and the physical beauty of the abundant estate will stay in your memory long after you return home from your vacation. The villa may be booked entirely, or separately, depending on availability.
- Bedrooms 1-6 (Main Villa): Twin/king bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Bedrooms 7-9 (Annex A - Adjacent to the Main Villa): Twin/king bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Bedrooms 10 (Annex A - Adjacent to the Main Villa): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedrooms 11-12 (Annex B - Semi-Attached Unit): Twin/king bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Bedroom 13 (Annex C - Semi-Attached Unit): Twin/king bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedrooms 14-15 (Annex C - Semi-Attached Unit): Twin/king bedrooms with shared bathroom
- Bedroom 16 (Annex C - Semi-Attached Unit): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedrooms 17-19 (Annex D - Semi-Attached Unit): Twin/king bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- All bedrooms have A/C and heating, walk-in closets, Wi-Fi and safes
- All marble bathrooms, with large shower or tub, are provided with hair dryers
- Central A/C and heating
- Satellite TV
- Unlimited Wi-Fi Internet access (available indoors and outdoors)
- Spa with hot tub, sauna, Turkish bath
- Jacuzzi tubs
- Vegetable garden
- Ample private parking
- Two private swimming pools (one can be heated)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Daily housekeeping service for 4 hours a day (10:00 am to 2:00 pm)
- Daily Continental breakfast
- Daily change of towels
- Change of linen twice a week
- Garden and pool maintenance
- Local Concierge – 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping
- Chef services
- Personal laundry service
- Florence - 15 minute drive
- Lucca and Siena - each are less than one hour away
- All utilities including A/C and heating are included
- Check-in 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm; Check-out: by 10:00 am
- All extra services must be paid locally before departure, unless otherwise agreed
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.