OverviewVilla Machiavelli is a one-of-a-kind experience nestled in the legendary wine making “Chianti Classico” region, just outside of Florence.
The 15th-century main villa and its original frescoes have been restored to their former magnificence, combined with opulent, extravagant new interior décor. Once the home of the Machiavelli family and centuries later, the Mazzei family, this villa boasts a rare heritage.
Villa Machiavelli reigns over 750 acres of vineyards, olive groves and Tuscan forest. It features spectacular frescoed terraces with beautiful lounges, tables and outdoor furnishings, a swimming pool, sculpture garden and beautiful garden surroundings.
The historic beauty of this estate, along with five-star service, guarantees a truly memorable and unforgettable experience. Within the main villa, the restored original frescoes and paintings range from 15th century antiques to South African contemporary. It has been restored and decorated with a master hand. The property makes its own olive oil and fine wines. Guests can experience a legacy like no other, living in the ultimate modern luxury while residing in the same villa where ruling aristocrats of Florence once stayed. Machiavelli has been featured in many magazines, including Vanity Fair and Food & Wine. It offers incredible spaces fit for entertainment of the grandest nature, and perfect for weddings or other special events.
- Large, luxurious and beautiful main piano salon
- Formal dining room
- Dining room leads onto a gorgeous, fully-furnished frescoed terrace with glorious views
- Large kitchen
- Fully-furnished frescoed terrace with amazing views
- Small service eat-in kitchen
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Deluxe bedroom with en suite marble bathroom.
- Bedroom 2 (The Royal Wing): Spectacular master royal suite (Machiavelli suite) with mosaic covered, priceless marble Jacuzzi tub and his and hers bathrooms
- Bedroom 3 (The Royal Wing): Deluxe bedroom with en suite marble bathroom
- Bedroom 4 (The Royal Wing): Staircase leads to private suite with living room, double bedroom and en suite bathroom
- Bedrooms 5-10 (First Floor): 5 Royal duplex suites with en-suite bathrooms, one of which has 1 extra bedroom and bathroom
- All suites lead onto a vast terrace with breathtaking views of Florence and the Tuscan countryside
- DVD player
- Exquisite Italian marble bathrooms
- Fax machine
- Private gated garden
- Satellite/plasma TV
- Spa / Sauna
- Wi-Fi broadband internet access
- Wine cellar with its own dining area for special events
- Private gated garden and outdoor pool
Staff and Services
- Welcome cocktail on arrival
- Welcome gift basket
- Complimentary wine tasting experience
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Daily housekeeping
- 2-Hour basic laundry service
- Concierge service
- Use of Sauna, Turkish bath, Indoor pool, and Gym are included
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Custom culinary experiences with private chef. Please inquire for details!
- In-room minibar pre-stocking
- Lucca - 1 hour
- Siena - 50 minutes
- Florence - 30 minutes
- Rome - 2 hours and 45 minutes
- San Casciano val di Pesa - 12 minutes
- Copies of passports must be provided in advance for all guests to expedite check-in process.
- Electricity (up to 1,000 kWh per week), gas, internet use, A/C and central heating are included
- Anything else not specifically listed is an additional cost
- Check-in: after 3:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 12:00 pm
- All extra services to be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.