OverviewNestled among woods and vineyards, this 19th century luxury villa majestically rises nearby a picturesque medieval village in the heart of a private estate.
Villa Magistra itself portrays a stately elegance with considerable amenities being distributed over its five floors. Each room is furnished with original period pieces and the attention is given to the smallest of details. The villa has a glorious past as well as an exciting present; in fact, it has been the residence of some of Europe’s noblest families, and now it belongs to one of the greatest names of the Italian fashion dynasties. The villa is centrally located, with all the attractions and towns for which Tuscany is famous being within easy reach.
Once settled, guests may choose from several activities offered by the estate, or just do nothing and recharge the batteries in the privacy of their villa. For those who want to venture beyond the estate, there is the entire Tuscan art scene; all of the major cities are within easy daytrip distances. And those who want to explore the extraordinary architectural and artistic jewels scattered throughout the area need only follow the many well-placed signs. The delight of these discoveries will be equaled only by the pleasure of a vacation at Villa Magistra
The villa has been fully remodeled and carefully restored to create an elegant and very sophisticated ambiance in every room, especially in the social spaces that include the living room, sitting rooms with fireplace, study, dining room, and family room.
- Kitchen and laundry facilities
- Billiard room
- Fitness room
- Turkish bath
- Sauna and indoor pool that opens to the terrace
- Family room
- Living room
- Formal dining room
- Sitting room with TV
The grounds meet the same criteria of elegance combined with comfort and country restfulness. A large Italian garden extends in front of the villa and faces the village, while on the other side, hidden by the greenery of the park with privacy assured, is a lovely swimming pool drenched by the warm Tuscan sun. Within the estate are enjoyable country trails, horseback riding facilities, two communal tennis courts, and two great restaurants which use the organic produce grown in their own vegetable garden.
- Bedroom 1 (Third Floor): Queen Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2 (Third Floor): Queen/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3 (Third Floor): Queen/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4 (Third Floor): Queen/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5 (Fourth Floor): Queen/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6 (Fourth Floor): Queen/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 7 (Fourth Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 8 (Fourth Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 9 (Fourth Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 10 (Fourth Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- All bedrooms have A/C; all bathrooms, each with either a shower or tub, are provided with hair dryers
- A/C and central heating
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- CD player
- Grand piano
- Billiard table
- Wireless Internet
- Fitness room
- Turkish bath
- Ample private parking.
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor private pool
- The pools are not heated
- Outdoor private pool open May 15th – Oct 15th (according to season/weather)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Daily housekeeping - morning and afternoon, including kitchen cleaning, 7 days per week
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Full gardening and pool maintenance
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Laundry service/Dry Cleaning
- Chef in Villa services
- Cost of food and beverages for groceries
- Airports - Firenze Amerigo Vespucci 50 km / Roma Fiumicino 250 km
- Train station - Arezzo 20 km
- All utilities including heating and A/C are included
- Check-in: After 3 pm; Check-out: before/by 11:00 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless agreed otherwise
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.