OverviewOnly a ten minute drive away from the city sits Orfea, a superb luxury villa that dates back to the 15th century and now completely and painstakingly renovated to transport you to the an era of modern beauty and sublime elegance.
No matter what your ideal vacation looks like, the medieval city of Lucca and its surroundings offer so many opportunities: if you like to keep up with your workout, the city’s 16th century walls are a glorious backdrop to stroll, powerwalk, jog or cycle to; for the beach lovers the coastal strip of Versilia, reachable within 30 minute drive, is the place to be; for the music aficionados many classical and rock/pop music festivals are held here throughout the year. That’s why Lucca is becoming one among the elite summer destinations in Tuscany.
Many features make this property perfect for kids: the estate is gated and completely fenced, the swimming pool has a shallow side, there is a children playground and the nearby city of Lucca offers a wide range of things to see and it is mostly car-free.
As soon as you enter the foyer you will feel the special atmosphere that permeates the villa. The neutral and earthtoned colors used in the family room, such as golden yellow and terra cotta, typical of the Tuscan style, create an airy and fresh effect. Frescoed walls, large fireplace as a focal point and a beautiful crystal chandelier set the elegant tone of this comfortable room. The very generous formal dining room has seating for up to fifty people. The room features lit china cabinets, coffered ceiling, classic art on the walls, and tall arched French doors opening onto the garden: everything work together to create the ultimate formal dining experience. The professional-grade kitchen boasts ample counter space for prepping meals, a gorgeous central stove, vaulted ceiling, large window and access to the garden. A lounge room with large flat screen satellite TV, a well-stocked library room, and a guest bathroom complete this floor.
A traditional sitting room with working fireplace and soft sofas serves as a nice spot for afternoon reading or cozy conversations.
State-of-the-art private wellness area (2,100 square feet) including Turkish bath, sauna, emotional shower, salt room and meditation room. Also on this floor, a stone cellar with wine tasting room with fireplace.
The Pool House
Quaint two-story stone house carefully restored and tastefully furnished. On the ground floor, a generous open floorplan with sitting area and eat-in kitchen, brightened by travertine marble floors in neutral color. A bathroom is also on this floor. The sitting area opens onto the main garden and offers a nice al-fresco dining area.
The Red House
Three story annex adjacent to the main villa (opposite side of The Pool House)
Extensive manicured grounds including an Italian style garden with a romantic pergola. Al fresco dining area to enjoy meals in the shades on a side of the villa. Private swimming pool with whirlpool area. High-quality lounge furniture and shades on the sun deck. A children play- ground is on the premises, an ideal place to let the kids in your group run off some steam. Covered private parking area.
- Bedrooms 1 & 2 (Main House - Ground Floor): Master family suite with king size bed and 1 queen/twin bed on the mezzanine. Shared en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedrooms 3 & 4 (Main House - Ground Floor): Two king bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5 (Main House - Ground Floor): King/twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6 (Main House - Second Floor): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Bedrooms 7 & 8 (Pool House - First Floor): One double bedroom with bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, and one twin bedroom. Safe box and air-conditioning.
- THE RED HOUSE (4 APARTMENTS – SLEEPS 12)
- Bedroom 9 (The Red House - Ground Floor - Apartment 1): Large living-room with sofa and satellite TV, eat-in kitchen, large double bedroom and bathroom. The living room opens onto the veranda, where breakfast and lunch can be enjoyed outdoors. A wood burning pizza oven is also near the veranda.
- Bedrooms 10 & 11 (The Red House - First Floor - Apartment 2): Spacious entrance, living room with sofa, eat-in kitchen with a romantic small terrace looking out onto the vineyard below, one double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, one twin bedroom with private bathroom
- Bedrooms 12 & 13 (The Red House - Second Floor - Apartment 3): Spacious entrance, living room with sofa, eat-in kitchen with a view of the garden and the swimming pool, one double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, one twin bedroom with private bathroom
- Bedroom 14 (The Red House - Third Floor – Apartment 4): Attic apartment. Spacious living room with sofa and Satellite TV, eat-in kitchen, large twin bedroom, a dressing room off the bathroom, safe-box and air–conditioning
- All bathrooms are supplied with hair dryers
- DVD player
- Fully air-conditioned villa
- Hairdryers in all bathrooms
- Private parking
- Private spa (extra charge) with Turkish bath, Sauna, cold treatments and relaxing area
- Satellite cable TV
- Washer and dryer
- Wi-Fi internet access in every room and in the pool area
- Private salt-water swimming pool (16 m x 9 m)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Morning housekeeping service, staff have one day off per week (service is in the main villa only)
- Midweek linen change (on Wednesday)
- Daily breakfast service (cost of groceries extra)
- Gardener and pool maintenance
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping service
- Cook service
- Personal laundry & ironing service charges
- Use of spa facilities as per meter, and services a la carte
- Additional linen and towel change
- Nearest town is Lucca: 10 minute drive
- Electricity, water, A/C, and heating are included
- Sorry, no pets
- All extra services must be paid locally prior to departure unless otherwise arranged
- The second floor can only be accessed by stairs
- This property will always be rented with full exclusivity of the estate – should guests book only the main villa, all the annexes will remain vacant
- The owner/manager lives within the estate, in separate quarters
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.