OverviewSet atop a hill, this elegant contemporary property dominates the surroundings and offers dramatic panoramas of the rolling Tuscan Hills.
This two level luxury villa is one of the most unique and stunning homes in this area. An exquisite selection of custom-made furniture and extraordinary artisanal finishing are evident throughout the house, from the ample airy social rooms to each of the bright 10 bedrooms; an impressive list of luxurious amenities make this villa a superb choice for first-class vacation retreats.
The recent meticulous restoration brought this property back to its authentic character with an eye on modern sophistication through high quality materials, attentive detailing, and a soothing color palette. The custom-built private wellness area includes an indoor swimming pool with countercurrent swimming system, a steam room, a sauna, a shower, and a fully equipped gym. These features make the villa an ideal retreat also in the colder months.
With its highly desirable Val d’Orcia location, the exceptional contemporary design, and its large indoor/outdoor space, Villa Poderosa is an excellent house for large groups with children. It is suitable for year-round rentals thanks to the amenities offered and also ideal for wellness retreats due to its vicinity to the Thermal waters of San Casciano.
Panoramic sunroom facing the rolling hills offers quiet comfort for some quality time with a good book or just to sit and enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding landscape, while natural light streams in from the French door and the oversize windows. Also on the ground floor, two sophisticated and generous living areas, the formal dining room and the fully equipped kitchen. The neutral tones of the decor, the textured furniture and exquisite repurposed-wood and cotto floors create a warm, calming ambiance. Both living rooms feature a fireplace, where the vibrant color of the art above the mantel of one and the slim sculptures above the other create great focal points for these very well designed rooms. The clean lines of the furniture, the unexpected station clock and the muted color palette contribute to make these rooms, not only interesting, but true aesthetic gems. The eat-in kitchen is impeccable, provided with a large table for breakfast, built-in custom cabinetry with lots of storage, and all the modern appliances a gourmet chef can desire.
Tranquil and exceptionally manicured grounds include an expansive lawn, a garden with aromatic herbs, such as lavender and rosemary and wild flowers. A private vegetable garden surrounds the pergola near the swimming pool. A spacious portico furnished with large table and chairs is the perfect area for dining al fresco, to fully enjoy the freedom of country living while spared from the heat of the summer Tuscan sun. The sundeck around the private heated swimming pool is furnished and a charming gazebo offers a nice shaded area to enjoy a glass of wine while taking in the breathtaking panoramic views of the Val D’Orcia rolling hills.
“Dramatic sunsets from the house and swimming pool while sipping delicious Tuscan wine!” ―Saffo Martelli, Managing Director, Italy Division
- Bedrooms 1 & 2 (Ground Floor): 2 Bedrooms with full size bed (1.50 cm x 200 cm) share a bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Generous master suite with king bed, master bathroom with tub and separate stall shower, separate walk-in closet
- Bedrooms 4 - 7 (First Floor): 2 Family Suites, each one with a queen bedroom and one bedroom with full size bed (1.50 cm x 200 cm) share a bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 8 & 9 (First Floor): 2 Queen bedrooms with en-suite bathroom with shower
- All bedrooms are provided with A/C - All bathrooms are supplied with hair dryers.
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms
- Hairdryers in all bathrooms
- Private parking
- Satellite Sky TV
- Vegetable and herb garden
- Washer and dryer
- Wellness area including indoor swimming pool with counter-current swimming system, steam room, sauna, and gym
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Private heated swimming pool (12 m x 4.5 m) with steps and ladder for easy access
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Housekeeping service 4 hours daily, except Sunday
- House, garden and pool maintenance
- Laundry (washer & dryer) and ironing facilities on the premises at disposal of the guests
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping service
- Additional linen/towel change for entire house
- Cook service: upon request, to be booked in advance
- Personal laundry and ironing service
- San Casciano dei bagni - 11 minutes
- Electricity (up to 500 kWh/week) and water is included
- Non smoking villa
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All extra services must be pay locally, prior to departure unless otherwise arranged
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.