OverviewVilla Rodolfo is a beautifully restored farmhouse on the hills surrounded by olive trees and vineyards.
Quiet and secluded retreat, this villa is equipped with all the amenities to ensure maximum comfort. Guests can enjoy the coziness of four large bedrooms, including an easily accessible one at ground floor, all with stylish en-suite bathroom. All indoor living spaces are generous and flooded with natural light, including the massive kitchen and dining room. The sumptuous front garden is perfect for an apéritif after a long afternoon lounging in the pool or for a Tuscan al-fresco dinner while enjoying the view of a breathtaking sunset over Lucca. The location of Villa Rodolfo couldn’t be more convenient, with Florence just an hour away and the Tuscan sandy beaches of Viareggio just 30 minutes away.
Villa Rodolfo is perched on the side of a hill overlooking a beautiful valley just a few kilometers south of Lucca. The location guarantees a great deal of privacy as well as breathtaking views during the day and at sunset. Also, the most sought-after Tuscan tourist locations are within a 1-hour drive from the villa, giving the guests plenty of options to customize their Tuscan experience.
All rooms boast beamed ceilings with exposed bricks and terracotta floors. The living room is a welcoming open space that extends from the front to the back of the building in three sections, including two smaller sitting rooms and a TV room with cozy sofa facing the custom designed fireplace. On the same floor, the main dining room features a bar corner with stools, a generous wooden top table seating 12 and a fully equipped kitchen with marble tops, a perfect space to host a dinner with friends or a cooking class with a professional chef.
The front manicured garden features a modern patio with dining table and chairs, perfect for summer al fresco dining. The pool (40 x 20 feet, rectangular) is located on a ledge facing the valley and surrounded by a stone deck furnished with lounging chairs and shades. On the upper level, dominated by a verdant olive tree garden, there is a wooden deck with a Jacuzzi chromotherapy hot tub and shower. Views from both the hot tub and the pool are glorious.
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower and Turkish bath. This room is easily accessible from the garden and has traditional Tuscan terracotta flooring.
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): Queen/twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with claw-foot tub
- Bedroom 4 (First Floor): Queen/twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- All bedrooms have beamed ceilings and exquisite hardwood floors with underfloor heating
- A/C throughout the villa
- Double fridge with ice maker
- Flat screen TV
- Hair dryers
- Linens and bathrobes
- Oven and pizza oven
- Two working fireplaces
- Underfloor heating in all bedrooms on first floor
- Washing machine
- Swimming Pool (40 x 20 feet)
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Mid-week housekeeping service and linen change (Wed)
- Pool and garden maintenance
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping service
- Chef service (available on a daily basis)
- Cooking classes
- Lucca - 8 km
- Pisa - 18-19 km
- Florence - 86+ km
- Siena - 123-140 km
- Malpensa Airport (Milan) - 336 km
- Vorno - 4 minutes
- Electricity and air-conditioning are included (up to €150 per week)
- Water and gas for cooking are included
- Sorry, no pets
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Tuscany Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.