OverviewPrivacy and silence are the distinct features of Villa Banxiana, a restored stone farmhouse built 8 centuries ago, surrounded by delightful gardens in a picturesque valley.
This spacious villa offers extensive views of the Umbrian countryside. There are numerous important art sites nearby, such as Montepulciano, Bagno Vignoni, Orvieto, Lago di Bolsena, Todi, Perugia, Chiusi, San Quirico d’Orcia, and San Casciano dei Bagni. The blessed location of Villa Banxiana, on the border between Tuscany and Umbria, makes it a great starting point to explore both regions.
The décor of the house is unique with art and crafts from all over the world offering an informal and relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. The farmhouse grows its own organic vegetables and produces organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Several comfortable sitting areas and a magnificent eat-in kitchen/dining room with an open fireplace and a large dining table
- Cozy winter garden completely furnished for lounging with seating for six and wood-burning stove
- Sitting/TV room with fireplace, game table and extensive library in English opens onto outdoor patio/dining area
The garden, overlooking a fabulous 360-degree panorama, is furnished with tables and chairs, featuring a large covered patio for dining “al fresco” or “a lume di candela”, or just relaxing under the trees. The pool is easily reachable both through a short staircase, by car within the garden, or by car through a small road within the property. The pool (7 x 18 meters) was converted from an old water basin and is circled by a low wall where there are comfortable sun mats and sun beds. In the annexed living room there is also a sauna and a bathroom with shower. From the pergola that opens in front of the lounge room, you can enjoy a wonderful view of the valley. Have a Martini by the pool at sunset or, during the Autumn months, a glass of Tintoretto (prosecco with granedine).
“The villa is set on an unspoiled land dedicated to organic farming. Have the villa cook prepare meals for you with the produce of the villa organic vegetable garden. You can also purchase the organic olive oil produced here.” ―Margherita Bilenchi, Managing Director, Italy Division
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): King bedroom with garden view and en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bedroom 2 (First Floor): Master bedroom with 2 French beds and spacious en-suite bathroom with shower and tub
- Bedroom 3 (First Floor): King bedroom suite with bathroom with shower and small reading/lounge room (can hold 1 single bed)
- Bedrooms 4 & 5 (Second Floor): 2 King bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom (1 with shower and 1 with tub)
- Bedroom 6 (Second Floor): King bedroom suite with bathroom with shower and small reading/lounge room (can hold 1 single bed)
- Bedroom 7 (Annex): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- A/C in bedrooms (ceiling fan only in the annex)
- Barbecue grill
- Bocce court
- CD player
- Cellar stocked with carefully selected wines in all price ranges
- Child seat
- Outdoor table tennis
- Outside laundry room with washer (to be used only by the staff)
- Pool towels
- Satellite TV
- Screened windows
- Wireless Internet access
- Work out machine
- Pool (7 x 18 meters) was converted from an old water basin and is circled by a low wall where there are comfortable sun mats and sun beds
- Pool is easily reachable both through a short staircase, by car within the garden, or by car through a small road within the property
Staff and Services
- Final Cleaning
- Morning housekeeping service: 3 hours per day (except Sunday)
- Complimentary welcome dinner
- Gardener and pool maintenance service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping service and/or extra table serving
- Extra linen change
- Buffet lunch/dinner, including wine
- Villa lunch/dinner, including wine, table service and after-dinner-clean-up
- Personal laundry and ironing service
- Babysitting service, subject to availability
- Use of Sauna
- Wine tastings at the villa can be arranged upon request
- Lucca - 3 hours
- Siena - 2 hours
- Florence - 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Rome - 2 hours
- Electricity, water, and A/C are included
- Heating including wood for fireplace is included
- Laundry (washing machine) & ironing facilities on the premises at guests’ disposal
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All of the extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Umbria Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.