del Portal at Casa De Campo
Here, guests will find an oasis for an exhilarating vacation getaway, designed to invite renewal, family interaction, and a celebration of gracious living.
Upon arrival, there are impressive examples of the refined taste and elegance that define this exceptional 2-story villa. Stepping stones lead from the covered carport to the grand entry where a 20-foot high double doorway is a showpiece with 14 pictorial plaques commemorating the history of La Romana, and equestrian themes, artistically hand wrought of cast iron and brass.
On the first floor, the well-appointed living room contains two large integrated seating arrangements, ideal for relaxed socializing or entertaining in style, while a towering ceiling enhances the sense of spaciousness and reveals the balustrade of the second floor mezzanine. To one side is a family alcove with television and entertainment system. A casual dining table for six is perfect for serving pre-dinner cocktails, or snacks anytime of the day or night. The furnishings are sophisticated yet charming, with sofas, loveseats, and plush chairs covered in a palette of whites and neutral tones; rich woods, carefully selected art, decorative accents, and gleaming terra cotta tile flooring strike contrasting counterpoints. Glass walls overlook the enticing pool and back yard gardens, and color-coordinated roll-down shades may be adjusted for the shifting sun.
The formal dining room features an oversized round table that comfortably accommodates 12 in high-back carved chairs, with a golden glow cast by the overhead chandelier. The adjacent kitchen is a dream, with a work island, ample cabinet space, and all the equipment you need whether you love to cook up your own favorite recipes, or hire a chef. A half bath is conveniently located to the common areas.
Just as no detail has been spared in the interiors, all the joys of Caribbean outdoor living are yours here, too. As the centerpiece of the sun-kissed terrace, an enormous rectangular pool is fit for serious swimmers or a refreshing dip between tanning sessions on the plentiful chaise lounges. Whirlpool jets offer a rejuvenating bubbly massage on a submerged bench at one end of the pool. Or, escape to the shaded gazebo with built in seating, ceiling fan, and a table to keep snacks and drinks cool for everyone. The surrounding scenery is spectacular as the terrace extends toward meticulously tended lawn and gardens, while palm and shade trees sway with balmy tropical breezes and provide privacy. A full bath with shower is located poolside; there is a hammock to steal away for an afternoon snooze, and a peaceful corner with benches and a table to read a book or just admire the views.
The magic carries through to all the bedrooms which offer a serene environment to put the finishing touch on a day of fun and excitement. One guestroom is on the main level; the lavish master takes up one side of the upstairs while two guestrooms are located on the other side, providing a high level of privacy. The decor in each bedroom consists of soft creamy walls, with cottage-style white furniture, highlighted by touches of wood and rattan. The linens, with layers of delicate white Spanish lace, are pure indulgence and sheer white curtains complete the picture. Each bedroom has generous closet space, air conditioning, and thoughtfully placed lighting. The bathrooms offer tub/shower, mahogany vanities, and modern sinks with stylish fixtures. In the master suite, there is a covered balcony overlooking the pool, and extra luxuries in the bath include his and her sinks and a whirlpool tub with separate shower. In keeping with the desired restful atmosphere, there are no televisions in the bedrooms.
In the central mezzanine of the second floor is a bonus family room, with television, seating arrangements, and tables for playing cards or board games. This is a great gathering spot or to keep the kids entertained.
Come on, round up your family and friends for the ultimate private home vacation experience. This villa was designed as a haven to unwind, disconnect from everyday stress, and reconnect with your inner self and with loved ones.
- Designer grade furnishings, architectural detail, and decorative accents
- Internet Wired inside and outdoors
- Polished terra cotta saltillo tile throughout
- Formal living room with two seating arrangements, soaring ceilings, and views of pool and gardens
- Family room alcove with television and entertainment center.
- Formal dining table seating 12
- Casual dining table for 6
- Modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances, mahogany cabinets and Corian countertops
- Bonus family room loft on second floor mezzanine with television and tables for cards and board games
- Large pool, inset bench with whirlpool jets
- Terrace with lounges
- Gazebo with built in seating and poolside bathroom
- Expansive yard with lush landscaping and shade trees, overlooking hole #2 of Links golf course
- Exterior lighting for evening outdoor enjoyment
- Daily breakfast prepared in villa.
- Private maid and Butler service from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm each day. Service includes light cooking, bartender service, packing and unpacking
- Two 4 – passenger touring carts for 3 and 4 Bedroom Villas and three 4 – passenger touring carts for 5 Bedroom Villas for transportation within the resort during your stay
- Welcome amenities upon arrival including a selection of fresh fruits and Dominican rum, assortment of snacks and treats for the whole family.
- Personalized check-in and orientation at the villa by concierge
- Wireless Internet access in villa
- Use of the Fitness Center
- Concierge service for any assistance in all sports and restaurant reservations
Casa de Campo offers an "Essentially Casa" inclusive supplement option. This supplement provides meal and drink options and the opportunity to "fill your kitchen" with all the essentials, prior to arrival. Please click here for more information.
Considered by many to be the world´s most renowned golf course architect, Pete Dye - hand in hand with wife and LPGA Hall of Famer, Alice Dye, created three of the most challenging courses in the game for Casa de Campo: Teeth of the Dog; The Links and Dye Fore!
Release your spirit and free all worries from your mind. The body's vitality and youth are restored by ancient remedies and modern techniques. Yield to the healing power of touch as luxury spa technicians masterfully administer holistic services and products. Swim in the purity of tropical essences and organic elixirs. Delight in the myriad of pleasures offered by one of the top resort brands. From non-invasive therapies to nutritional supplements to pampering rituals of relaxation, your time at Casa de Campo Spa will be filled with the incomparable feeling of essential indulgence.
You can do it all at Casa de Campo; golf, relax at the spa, watersports, tennis, shooting, equestrian and many off site excursions to enjoy. Please click here for more information regarding all these great activities.
- Stainless steel appliances
- La Romana, Dominican Republic
- Bedroom #1 - King bed in master
- Bedrooms #2 & #3- Two double beds in remaining three bedrooms
- On Casa de Campos´ private Minitas Beach, just minutes from the main area, enjoy a sea of water sports! Choose from snorkeling, kayaking, hobie cats, windsurfers and paddleboats
- Large pool, inset bench with whirlpool jets
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Chef in the villa can be arranged. Please ask your villa specialist for additional information.
- Transfers to and from any DR airports are not included
Additional Villa Notes
- Three bedrooms villa rates are based on 6 guests
- Four bedroom villa rates are based on 8 guests
- Five bedroom villa rates are based on 10 guests
- Extra person rates vary based on season and villa, please ask your villa specialist for more details