Sa Punta de S’Aguila at Son Bunyola
Europe / Spain / Mallorca
Sa Punta de S’Aguila translates as ‘Eagle’s Point’, and this five bedroom villa is located along a track above the coastline.
Built in traditional Mallorcan style, with exposed beam ceilings and terracotta tiled floors, it has been sympathetically built into the landscape and has panoramic sea and mountain views. Sa Punta de S’Aguila has a private heated swimming pool (15 x 6 meters), a kitchen, living room and dining area. This villa comfortably sleeps 10 adults in five en-suite bedrooms.
Besides the five large bedrooms and suites, Sa Punta de S'Aguila boasts a large number of stylish communal areas for socializing and relaxing. From the spacious lounge area to the perfectly proportioned dining and kitchen area, each space feels homely, yet luxurious. One of the most loved spaces in Sa Punta de S'Aguila is the large terrace and outdoor dining area - perfect for evening dining or late-night cocktails.
The Son Bunyola Estate
Welcome to Son Bunyola on the picturesque Spanish island of Mallorca, Sir Richard Branson's favorite Mallorcan Retreat. The estate on Mallorca's northwest coast covers 680 acres of stunning landscape and includes three villas: Sa Punta de S’Aguila, Sa Terra Rotja and Son Balagueret. With five and four bedrooms respectively, these villas are currently available to book for stays of 7 nights.
Central to the estate is a large historic manor house, or ‘finca’, dating from the 1800's. This building is currently unused and forms an incredible centerpiece to the dramatic scenery. Terracing surrounds the manor house with vines, citrus fruit trees, almonds and hundreds of olive trees.
The Son Bunyola estate is part of a World Heritage site and is home to many olive and almond trees as well as grape vines. Due to its position located on a mountain range parallel to the north-west coastline, centuries of agricultural activity have transformed the landscape with terraces and inter-connected water ways. This spectacular setting is definitely one of the most prized aspects of the estate and is something the team are happy to protect and enhance. The north-west coast has local rocky beaches. If you are looking for sandy beaches, head to the south-east side of the Island.
Eating and taking advantage of the fresh produce around the island is definitely one of the most important aspects of staying at Son Bunyola! The local produce such as fish, lamb, meats cheeses, fresh bread and pastries and of course olives have a huge influence on the seasonal menus. In general Mallorcan wine is served, both red and white which is of high quality.
All inclusive rates include daily continental breakfast plus lunch and dinner for six nights. The chefs and hostess will prepare a selection of cold dishes for breakfast before leaving each evening and you can help yourself in the morning, so there’s definitely no need to rush! Lunch is served buffet style and three-course dinners can be tailor made according to your preferences, or enjoy local Mallorcan and Mediterranean style dishes. On one day during your stay, you can arrange visit some of the local restaurant offerings. All drinks including alcoholic beverages are included and you are welcome to help yourself.
Things to Do
- Spa Treatments -Spa treatments are subject to availability and an additional cost will be applied
- Swimming - Take a dip in your private heated pool just steps away from your villa
- Tennis - Play a spot of tennis on the nearby court (rackets and balls provided). The tennis court is shared by all three villas
- Walking - Settled within the beautiful Mallorcan mountainous landscape, the area is perfect for hiking expeditions
- Golf - There are over 20 golf courses on the island, many of which are of a high standard
- Sailing - During a vacation on a beautiful Spanish island, it would be wrong not to experience a sailing trip on the tranquil Mediterranean waters
- Deep Sea Fishing - With the clear Mediterranean waters, the area truly is perfect for sailing and fishing
- Explore Mallorca - By car, it is well worth exploring the surrounding area of Mallorca with its beautiful scenery and many charming villages. You will find art galleries, museums, shops, restaurants and beaches only a short distance away
- Children's Activities - There’s plenty of activities to keep the children occupied during their stay from poolside fun with inflatable animals, to pizza making with the Head Chef
Please be aware additional fees do apply for some activities.
All Inclusive Rates Include:
- All drinks including wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks and Spanish sparkling wine
- Daily continental breakfast (our chefs will prepare a selection of cold items so you can help yourself)
- Lunch and dinner for 6 days tailored to your tastes (on one night we’ll assist you with a local restaurant reservation)
- A concierge service for help in arranging activities and restaurant bookings
- Wireless internet
- Daily housekeeping and pool servicing
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms
Sleeps 10 People
Bedroom DetailsRooms at Sa Punta de S'Aguila are arranged over three levels and all feature en-suite bathrooms, Bose speakers and a complimentary selection of toiletries. Each room has its own terraced seating area
Beach DetailsThe northwest Mallorcan coast is renowned for its pebbly beaches and coves. Son Bunyola has a small pebble beach and is enjoyed by hikers walking the famous coastal track from Banyalbufar to Port des Canonge (the little fishing village just beyond the estate). The walk to the beach will take 20 minutes.
Pool DetailsPrivate swimming pool (15 x 6 meters)
The pool is heated (as and when necessary) and has steps into pool. Temperature can reach 29/30 degrees Celsius (84/86 degrees Fahrenheit)
Staff and ServicesWelcome basket
Towels and linen throughout the week
Pool and garden attendant (to set-up furniture and pool for the day)
Concierge assistance to book taxis and make restaurant reservations
All Inclusive Rates include: All drinks including wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks and Spanish sparkling wine, daily continental breakfast (chefs will prepare a selection of cold items so you can help yourself), lunch and dinner for 6 days tailored to your tastes
Staff and Services (at additional cost)Landry service
Location DetailsVisitors to the island of Mallorca typically arrive via the capital, Palma, whose airport is around a 40 minute drive to the estate
To reach the estate, it is recommended to rent a car which will give you additional flexibility when exploring the area
The traditional Mallorcan villages of Banyalbufar and Esporles are a few kilometers away from Son Bunyola, providing a variety of restaurants, tapas bars and other local amenities
Villa NotesCheck-out: 11 am
|Travel Dates||Bedrooms||Min. Night Stay||Nightly Rates|
|USD rates above based on approximate currency conversion. Holiday dates may not be listed in rate chart. Rates are subject to change without notice. Please confirm rate, holiday dates, and currency with your Villa Specialist at time of booking.|
Tax Service Charge Details *Please note that the Balearic Tourist Tax of €2 per person per night will be due upon check-out
Please add 10% service charge to all rates.
Minimum Stay Details
7 Nights. Shorter stays are available during the low season dates for 3 or 4 nights. Contact a villa specialist for rates.
*Please contact us for availability.
Villa information may change without notice and should be confirmed with our villa rental specialists.