OverviewVilla Alta is an elegant, spacious, and traditional whitewashed Mediterranean villa.
Perched over the sea in a privileged position, this beautiful property is less than a mile from the lively center of the famed seaside town of Positano and its excellent restaurants, elegant shops, delightful cafes and sandy beaches.
From the main coastal road, 130 wide steps lead to the villa’s large and spectacular terrace/garden with flowering potted plants, trees, statuary and bronze wall sculptures. The public beach (rarely used outside of July and August) is down another 120 steps.
The setting of this villa is completely private and truly splendid with endless panoramic views of the coast across the sweeping bay of Positano and towards Punta Campanella. The interiors have been elegantly furnished with interesting objets d’art, antiques and bronze sculptures, providing a warm, inviting and sophisticated ambiance. With central heating and fireplaces, Villa Alta is suitable to rent any time of the year.
- Large double living and dining room, both with fireplace and French doors opening to the private terrace
- Very spacious eat-in fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and two electric ovens
- Full bathroom with shower.
- Terrace features an outdoor covered dining area, furnished with marble top café tables and sun chairs to enjoy the sea views
- Beautiful private pool (10 x 5 m)
- Guest bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): Library room with 1 queen/twin beds with 1 adjacent bathroom with tub with handheld shower
- Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor): Independent queen/twin bedroom (just off the terrace) with an en-suite bathroom with tub with handheld shower
- Steps from the ground floor lead to the other bedrooms
- Bedrooms 3 & 4 (First Floor): 2 Large queen bedrooms, one with fireplace, satellite TV, and telephone. Each bedroom opens onto a panoramic terrace with breathtaking views. 2 marble bathrooms, each with tub and shower
- A/C in all bedrooms
- Central heating
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- DSL internet connection
- The public beach (rarely used outside of July and August) is down 120 steps
- Beautiful private pool (10 x 5 m)
- Pool is open from April 20 - October 26
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Housekeeping up to 6 hours per day, 5 days per week (Mon – Fri)
- Pool and garden maintenance
- Midweek change of bed and bath linen (Wed)
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Additional housekeeping service
- Cook service on request
- Personal laundry and ironing service
- Grocery delivery
- Porter service
- Positano - 10 minutes
- Sorrento – 10 miles
- Amalfi – 10 miles
- Ravello – 14 miles
- Pompei – 22 miles
- Naples (Airport) – 39 miles
- Rome (Fiumicino Airport) – 181 miles
- Electricity, A/C, and water are included
- Sorry, no pets.
- Children are welcome
- Check-in: between 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All the above services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.