Overview200 Meters from the main road, via roman steps and a downhill path, Cleta is tucked away amidst the beauty of the Positano coast.
It lies on one floor and is part of a larger gated estate and boasts stunning sea views from its terrace. It has been recently renovated with care and tastefully decorated with traditional furniture blended with contemporary fabrics. Its peaceful position is just a few minutes walk from shops, bars, internationally-known boutiques and restaurants of the vibrant town of Positano. The vicinity to public transportation makes Cleta the ideal accommodation for visitors not wishing to have a car while vacationing on the Amalfi Coast.
Perfect for a small family or two couples, Cleta has plenty of space for enjoying the day reading books under the pergola, sunbathing around the communal pool or in your semi-private beach (via approx. 200 steps), away from the crowd, or just watching the unforgettable views from your terrace. If that’s not enough, remember that the hustle and bustle of Positano is just few minutes away.
The bright sitting/dining room welcomes you with the understated charm of whitewashed walls, ceramic white tiles, traditional style wooden table and chairs, comfortable soft sofa, satellite TV and a French door opening onto the private terrace, which runs the length of the property offering breathtaking sea views. The kitchen includes a dishwasher: it is compact and yet efficient.
Furnished terrace featuring a dining area under a romantic pergola and a table up to 4 people; sitting area with lounge chairs, a perfect spot for having a limoncello at sunset. From the terrace there is a private staircase with 200 steps to the shared outdoor swimming pool (shared with properties of the same estate) overlooking the bay and to a semiprivate pebbled beach, a rare asset in Positano.
- Bedroom 1: King bedroom with sea view and en-suite bathroom with tub and stall shower
- Bedroom 2: Independently accessed queen/twin bedroom opens onto the terraced garden with sea view and en-suite bathroom with shower
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms and living room
- Flat screen satellite Sky TV
- Hair dryers
- iPod dock
- SKY cable TV with channels in English
- Washing machine
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Access to a semi-private beach
- Shared outdoor swimming pool, opens mid- May to mid-Oct, weather permitting
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Housekeeping two hours twice a week
- Midweek bath linen change
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Extra housekeeping service
- Personal laundry service
- This villa cannot accommodate chef service and grocery pre-stocking is not available
- Electricity, water, gas, and A/C are included
- Check-in: between 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All the above services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
- Please note: There is no parking at the villa. You must park at a nearby parking garage for approximately €25 per day that is 400 meters away and 70 steps each way. Also it costs €10 per bag for a porter to carry your luggage to and from the villa to the car.
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.