OverviewVilla Gioviale is a place where impeccable standards are matched by the elegance of the interior décor.
The two-story villa is perched on the cliffs of Positano, nestled in the heart of 5400 sqf of aromatic terraced gardens - a tranquil spot for sunbathing, afternoon cocktails or evenings alfresco. Here your true relaxation is awaiting. The Villa, with its antiques blended with contemporary style, features amazing terraces with an unparalleled ocean views and its own access to the water below, private dock included. Meticulously maintained, this elegant estate is for the most discriminating guests. The location is less than 2 km from the vibrant life of Positano and the villa can be reached by a narrow gentle trail from the coastal road. From the private dock you can reach the main beach of Positano by boat in minutes. From the main road Villa Gioviale is reached by a private staircase (190 steps).
- Spacious living room
- Airy and bright vaulted ceiling sitting room, decorated in a light inviting color palette and furnished with comfortable sofas, completed by large panoramic window, fireplace and French door leading to the terrace.
- Separate dining room opening on to a shaded terrace, inspired by the Pompeian style with colorful walls of brightly painted fauxmarble and table for 12
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Fitness corner equipped with rowing machine, elliptical machine and free weights
Top Floor Apartment
- Cozy living room with sofa and flat screen TV
- A fully equipped eat-in kitchen opens onto a furnished private terrace with breathtaking water views
- Shaded large panoramic terrace with comfortable cushioned sitting area
- Covered terrace offers wonderful opportunities for oceanfront “al fresco” dining
- From the living quarters a private staircase, lit at night, leads to the sea below
- Two furnished sundecks with open air rain shower and guest bathroom, minibar and intercom to the kitchen
- Private sea level deck with diving and boat landing platform for water taxi (day & night), and/or boat rental
Villa Gioviale is the ultimate private sanctuary. Antiques, faux painting, stunning Mediterranean views, well-appointed comfortable bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, convenient location on the Amalfi Coast, are only a hint of what will impress you about this property. The villa’s staff’ desire to pamper the guests will guarantee an absolute luxury living on the water.
- Bedroom 1 (Upper Floor): Spacious king bedroom with en-suite marble bathroom with large shower, opens onto a furnished shaded private terrace
- Bedroom 2 (Upper Floor): Queen bedroom with en-suite marble bathroom with tub (wall-held shower), opens onto a furnished shaded private terrace
- Bedroom 3 (Upper Floor): Canopied queen bedroom with en-suite marble bathroom with tub (wall-held shower)
- Bedroom 4 (Lower Floor): Canopied queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower. Small panoramic private balcony
- Bedroom 5 (Top Floor Apartment): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower
- All bedrooms feature independent A/C, some have a wall safe
- A/C in the bedrooms
- DVD Player
- Fitness corner
- Flat screen satellite TV
- Phone & fax with private line for guests
- Pizza oven
- Private deck with diving and boat landing platform
- Private wine cellar
- Stereo with CD
- Tennis table
- Washing machine
- Water nebulizer system on terraces
- Wi-Fi internet access in the main living area
Staff and Services
- Final cleaning
- Porter service – 1 piece per person, included on arrival (Sat, between 5 pm-9 pm) and on departure (Sat, between 8 am-10 am). To use this service please contact Key-holder at least 1 hr in advance. For extra luggage, or for arrivals outside of the above scheduled times, or on Sunday, the porter service is at client’s expenses €10/15 per suitcase
- Housekeeping service daily for 6 days per week (the maid has one day off during the week)
- Daily change of bath towels
- Midweek change of bed linen (Wed)
- Beach towels provided and changed every three days
- Breakfast preparation service between 8-10 am - excluding maid’s day off - cost of ingredients extra
- Chef service for lunch and dinner preparation (except Sunday) - cost of ingredients extra; menu to be ordered 24 hours in advance; dinner ends at 10 pm
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Food and beverages
- Private laundry and ironing service
- Honesty pantry provided on arrival: when consumed, the cost of these items will be added to the grocery bill
- Positano - 14 minutes
- Electricity, A/C, heating, and water are included
- Due to its unique architecture, the villa is not child-friendly. Children under 12 can only be accommodated on request, and are subject to the Owner’s approval at time of booking. In case of acceptance, the party shall come with their personal babysitter for the full stay. Children will be counted as fully paying guests. In case of the arrival of children of which the owner has not been informed about, there will be a charge of €500 per week/per child plus babysitting costs.
- The kitchen and laundry appliances are to be used only by the villa’s staff
- Sorry, no pets
- Check-in: between 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Check-out: before/by 10:00 am
- All extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Amalfi Coast Villa Notes
- Important note regarding Chef/ Cook Services: All Chef/Cook services need to be arranged by your Concierge. Only Villa approved Chef/Cooks can be used. This also pertains to In-Villa cooking lessons.
- Due to limited transportation in outlying and rural areas, a rental car is essential for stays at countryside villas in Italy. We are more than happy to arrange a car for you during your stay, please just let us know at time of booking.
- Please note that Italy villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax of €1.50 - €5.00 per person, per day and applies to all overnight stays for the first seven days in the destination. This tax is payable to the local property manager.
- Most villas in Italy require the cost of extra services be paid upon arrival in cash. Please check with your Villa Specialist or Concierge for details.