OverviewCalabash invites you to explore, see, feel, and enjoy nature in a uniquely warm, elegant and modern setting.
This beautifully designed four-bedroom beach home offers enhanced privacy along a secluded stretch of the shoreline centered around a lush oasis of tropical gardens featuring over 10,000 plants and 200 trees that provide a sense of nature, while organically protecting guest privacy.
Textures of natural elements infused with Caribbean light blend features like cooling travertine stone floors, Caribbean wood and special pebble-stone-floors beckoning guests to relax and enjoy the barefoot elegance of this ultimate home-away experience from the moment they enter. Calabash offers plenty of tranquil living spaces from a shaded loggia for dining al fresco, to a comfortably carefree living room, to a quiet stretch of beach just steps away from the pool, all perfectly suited for relaxing moments and memories. Guests retire to four beach-chic bedrooms including two Master Suites, a pool suite and a garden suite, each offering super-king beds, air conditioning and fans, and unique indoor and outdoor baths. The interior design reflects the beach and the cooling colors of the Caribbean and you will find “driftwood-like” furniture surfaces in all rooms, reflecting and reminding you that Calabash wants to bring to you a very unique, light and friendly natural touch every day.
There is no shortage of sophistication including a fully equipped kitchen and bar, designed with a vintage feel in mind, but with modern high-touch equipment. Those that cannot leave the internet behind, will enjoy a dedicated cutting-edge wireless internet system which covers the entire property, and interfaces with a wireless high-fidelity sound system and video streaming system accessible via a large TV screen in the living room or individual iPads usable anywhere on the property.
The magnificent oceanfront heated infinity pool provides magical views of Calabash and Jumby Bay Beaches. Set just above sea-level the pool and terrace area seems to float out to the sea, with a wooden sunset deck designed to rest, just above the tide. The sense of connection to the water continues as the pool melds into the Caribbean blue, but also encourages guests of Calabash to enjoy the dramatic nightly display of Antigua’s signature sunset hues.
A friendly and highly educated team is on-hand at Calabash, including a personal chef, house supervisor and butler, housekeeper, and gardener, all ready to cater to guests’ every need. Calabash is just steps away from Jumby Bay beach and a minute stroll from resort restaurants, bars and other island amenities.
Nestled on a 300-acre private Caribbean island two miles from Antigua, Jumby Bay is a secluded haven filled with lush landscapes, stately palm trees and three stunning white sand beaches. After touching down in Antigua, guest are whisked away on a short and scenic private cruise to Jumby Bay Island, making it one of the most desirable and exclusive private retreats in the Caribbean.
Surrounded by the white sand beaches and tropical foliage native to Antigua, Jumby Bay Island, is a 300-acre private enclave noted for its luxury and world-class service. This exclusive Caribbean resort offers splendid accommodations, exquisite restaurants, a sensational spa and world-renowned facilities to showcase both the beauty of nature and the tradition of elegance that has long graced the private island.
Among discerning travelers, Jumby Bay Island is known as the jewel in the crown of Caribbean resorts. The island encapsulates everything about a fantasy hideaway, with secluded sun-kissed beaches lapped by pristine turquoise waters. And for every guest there is a journey of experiences waiting to be discovered — a private beachside picnic; snorkeling the nearby coral-fringed islands; a barefoot walk across our long golden sand bar, suspended in the open sea. From the action-packed to the serene, Jumby Bay is a kaleidoscope of magical moments.
With no commercial traffic, and only guests of the resort and the island residences permitted on this island, there is no safer private retreat in the Caribbean than Jumby Bay Island. This 300 acre private enclave offers families the space and freedom to explore individually or in groups like our Jumby Explorers children's club. Regardless of age group there are activities for all to truly enjoy!
- All meals & drinks served in the Private Residence: gourmet breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Cocktails, house wines, and other beverages
- Private Residence are serviced by private chef, butler and housekeeper
- Private Residence guests enjoy a 25% discount on all bars & restaurants of the Resort
- Private Residence and villas have private golf cart(s)
- Motorized and non-motorized watersports: Waterskiing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, kayaks, paddleboards, Hobie Cats, Sunfish, snorkel gear, and more
- Resort Facilities: bicycles for all guests, high-speed WiFi throughout Jumby Bay Island, two pools, three tennis courts, fitness center, and yoga pavilion
- Daily children’s programs and tween activities
- Activities: snorkel excursions, kayak tours, cooking class, rum history and tasting, Sunset Cocktail Cruise, Managers’ Wine Down, and much more
- Bedroom 1: Ocean view master bedroom with super king bed (76.4 in. x 84.3 in.)
- Bedroom 2: Garden view master bedroom with super king bed (76.4 in. x 84.3 in.)
- Bedroom 3: Ocean view bedroom with super king bed (76.4 in. x 84.3 in.)
- Bedroom 4: Ocean view bedroom with super king bed (76.4 in. x 84.3 in.)
- There is one extra bed or one crib per master bedroom
- Four en-suite baths, each with outdoor shower or tub, plus one powder room
- Modern, fully-equipped kitchen
- Two golf carts for guest use (six-seat and four-seat)
- Advanced wireless internet paired with wireless surround sound and streaming media
- Large screen TV and iPads for entertainment media anywhere in home
- Shaded dining loggia
- Pool terrace with ample lounge seating
- Sunset deck
- Private Mountain bikes for island tours
- Table Tennis
- Air-Free floats for pool and ocean use
- One of the few homes that offer direct access to Jumby Bay Beach
- Close proximity to beach activity center
- 1,500 Square foot, heated private infinity pool with underwater massage
- Two resort pools
Staff and Services
- Private chef
- House manager
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Golf on Antigua
- Day Sailing
- Deep-sea fishing
- Resort boutique
- Scuba diving & instruction
- Tennis instruction
- Casino night on Antigua
- Island tours
- Sightseeing on Antigua
- Day trips to nearby Caribbean islands
- Laundry services
- Private beach dinners
- In-room dining
- Located 2 miles from Antigua, Jumby Bay Island is accessible only by private ferry. Shortly after arriving into V. C. Bird International Airport, a representative will be on hand to greet and guide you through an expedited immigration and customs procedure. You will be escorted to a private luxury SUV that will whisk you away to the resort's private dock, where the ferry will be ready to take you on a short 6 minute water crossing to Jumby Bay Island. Resort representatives will stand ready to welcome you to our shores, with cooling refreshments, and after a simple check-in, they will take you by golf cart to your home in paradise.
- Check-in: 3:00 pm
- Check-out: 12:00 noon