OverviewLocated on the favored and exclusive west coast, Nelson Gay’s garden gate opens straight on to a stunning crescent of perfect coral sand. The clear, sheltered water is roped-off for safe swimming and is ideal for all water sports. There’s also a coral reef with excellent snorkeling. Nelson Gay is just perfect for family holidays.
A stay at 'Nelson Gay' unveils six decades of charm and sophistication, presented on two acres of mature and immaculately lush gardens. Located on a beautiful half-mile of beach on the outskirts of Speightstown, its surrounding waters and reef are a playground for swimmers and snorkelers.
The purely coralline creation was originally built as the home of a United States Ambassador in the 1950s, and reflects a Palladian grandeur, with 14-foot ceilings in the living room. To add to this, the villa's stunning 50-foot pool features testudine décor, and is positioned like a path from the centre of the house that summons the sea on its farthest end.
This family-friendly villa has a bounty of restful spaces and formal or al fresco dining areas, including a delightful option to dine by candlelight. The dwelling features a predominantly white canvas—a compliment to the tropical landscape—and is accentuated with several unique pieces and antiques. The sleeping quarters are remarkably fresh and airy, with comfortable beds, quality cotton sheets and hypoallergenic pillows.
Further outside is a charming chattel house cottage, as well as an elegant garden gazebo complete with a wet bar. Two covered terraces on the north and south wing bedrooms offer additional privacy and comfort, while on the seaside, a large area in front of the house is roped off with buoys for safe swimming. By special request, the villa is transformed to accommodate 18 guests.
The staff and Villa Manager will meet every need for a relaxing and exclusive family vacation. Children are welcome.
- Master Bedroom 1: King bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, air-conditioning, 42-inch TV with DVD player
- Master Bedroom 2: King bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, air-conditioning, 42-inch TV with DVD player
- Bedroom 3: Erte room: Queen bed, en-suite bathroom with bath, air-conditioning, TV with DVD player
- Bedroom 4: Green room: Two single beds, en-suite bathroom with tub, air-conditioning, TV with DVD player, kitchenette
- Bedroom 5 - South wing: Queen bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, air-conditioning, TV with DVD player, kitchenette
- Bedroom 6 - Cottage: King bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, air-conditioning, TV with DVD player
- Two Chattel Houses: One has a king bed, the other a queen bed. Both have an en-suite bathroom (additional fee required)
- Al fresco dining
- Cable TV
- Ceiling fans
- DVD player
- Fax machine
- First aid kit
- Gazebo equipped with a wet bar and mini fridge
- Media room with printer, various games and an extensive DVD library available to guests
- Oliver Messel-designed formal dining table can seat up to 12
- PlayStation 4
- Portable crib with mosquito net available for guests (at an additional cost)
- Security safe
- SONOS wireless home audio system
- Tennis, gym and spa available at the Cobblers Cove Hotel located next door (please inquire about pricing)
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Water sports by request (please inquire about availability and pricing)
- Wireless internet
- 50ft x 12ft swimming pool with Italian mosaic tiles. The pool can be heated on request for an additional charge.
Staff and Services
- Villa manager
- Housekeeper/laundry service: 8 hours
- Butler: 8 hours
- Chef: 8:30 am-1:30 pm and 5:30 pm-8:30 pm (*There are two chefs during winter)]
- Security/security guard
- Airport: 33.5 kilometers
- Speightstown: 600 meters
- Holetown: 6.8 kilometers
- Bridgetown: 17.8 kilometers
- Golf: Royal Westmoreland - 5.0 kilometers
- Tennis: Battaleys Mews - 1.2-km
- Children are welcome
- Nelson Gay is a great villa for weddings
- Media room serves as additional accommodation with day bed and roll away beds (additional fee required)
Additional Villa Notes
- Barbados has implemented a Room Rate Levy of 2.5% per room per night (capped at $10/room/night) to be added to all bookings.
- It should be noted that beaches change their shape and size from day to day, week to week and month to month, mainly as a response to seasonal waves, currents and tides.