OverviewSituated at the exclusive Royal Westmoreland Golf and Country Club on the West Coast of Barbados, Plantation House is a grand colonial style, luxuriously appointed villa.
Decorated and furnished to an impeccably high standard, Plantation House enjoys magnificent views of the pool, gardens and the Caribbean Sea beyond. This is a much loved holiday home, which was purchased and underwent extensive renovations in 2011, and is a perfect family holiday villa.
On arrival at Plantation House, guests are greeted by an impressive open-air lobby, which flows through to the stunning formal dining and sitting rooms. The modern, high spec kitchen, a study and five ground floor bedrooms are accessed from this central space. Two sets of double glass doors lead out onto the main terrace, which overlooks the pool and garden. This area is perfect for relaxing during the day and for entertaining at night, and is complete with a large dining table and 2 separate casual seating areas.
The lower ground floor comprises of a large TV/games room. A pool table, table football and table tennis are all available here, with a super-size TV and direct access onto the beautiful and spacious gardens. Plantation House sleeps up to a maximum of 12 guests in a choice of bedroom configurations. The communal seating and dining areas comfortably accommodate 12 adult guests.
Babies and children are welcome. However, please note that there are a lot of hard surfaces and stone steps at the property which small children may find difficult to navigate. We can provide cots and high chairs on request.
We ask that you closely supervise your children at all times in order to keep them safe, and be mindful of the fact that Plantation House is a well loved and immaculately maintained family home.
Situated on the first floor, the master suite is accessible via a double sweeping staircase and gallery. A spacious and beautifully appointed bedroom, this is the perfect place to escape for some tranquillity, to admire the views or for a ‘sun-downer’ on the private terrace at sunset. The entire suite is fully air conditioned.
Five further bedrooms (all en-suite) are located on the ground floor. All are equipped with air conditioning, wardrobes, dressing tables, security safes, bathrobes, hairdryers and luxury bathroom toiletries.
Plantation House has two further bedrooms on the lower ground floor. These rooms are ideally suitable for guests who may be travelling with their own staff (such as a nanny or pilot) or equally for teenage children. However, the maximum number of guests accepted at the property is 12 guests.
If you are interested in renting Plantation House to include this additional accommodation, please contact us for further information and prices.
Plantation House is cared for by two dedicated housekeepers, and a gardener who will also take care of luggage on arrival and departure. There is a local House Manager on hand to assist guests with anything that they may need during their stay, such as restaurant reservations or excursions.
Guests staying at Plantation House during winter and peak seasons will also benefit from a qualified local chef, who is available all day to prepare guest meals as required. A butler can also be arranged at additional cost by request.
- Master Bedroom: King bed with balcony
- Bedroom 2: Twins
- Bedroom 3: Twins
- Bedroom 4: Queen bed with terrace
- Bedroom 5: Queen bed
- Bedroom 6: Queen bed with terrace
- Bedroom 7: Twins with terrace
- Bedroom 8: Queen bed with terrace
- All bedrooms feature en-suite bathrooms
- 24-hour security
- Beach chairs
- Beach club
- Beach shuttle
- Beach umbrellas
- Board games
- Breezy location
- Cable TV
- Ceiling fans
- Communal swimming pool
- Covered terrace
- DVD Player
- Flat-screen TV
- Gated entrance
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Private terrace/deck
- Restaurants close by
- Sun loungers
- Tennis court
- Towels included
- Wine cooler
- Wireless broadband connection
Staff and Services
- Butler - Hours: 8:00 am-8:00 pm
- Housekeeper - Hours: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- Laundry service - Hours: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- Chef - Hours: 8:30 am-1:30 pm and 5:30 pm-8:30 pm
- Additional housekeeper - Hours: 12:00 pm-8:00 pm
- The villa has eight bedrooms, but only seven may be occupied
- Please note: All guest names and passport details of individuals that will be staying at Plantation House must be provided in advance for security reasons. Should this information not be provided, the reservation is subject to cancellation.
Additional Villa Notes
- The use of P20 sunscreen is not permitted at the villa, as it leaves permanent stains on fabrics such as sheets, towels, upholstery and even swim wear. Clients are responsible for damages caused by the use of P20 sunscreen (or any other sunscreen).
- Standard check-in time is 3:00 pm-6:00 pm, check-out time is 12:00 noon. Requests for early/late check-in or late check-out must be made in advance. A fee may apply for early or late arrivals and departures.