OverviewCasa Brisa overlooks lively streets in the heart of Beach Town, Las Catalinas, with spacious terraces on three sides of the home that overlook lively streets, and an open-air courtyard that provides a connection to the outdoors.
On the interior, the home’s unique footprint and colorful finishes combine in Casa Brisa to offer a home that embraces thoughtful craftsmanship and artistic design.
Casa Brisa is in the heart of town surrounded by lively and walkable streets just steps from Santarena, Plaza Danta, Camino Las Catalinas, the trails, and Plaza Mercado, which means that the home is surrounded by life and people walking by.
Elevation one floor up from the street level provides a balance of privacy and connection to the street. People walk by a floor below the home’s three bedroom terraces and two shared terraces, which have semi-permeable walls. As a result, these outdoor spaces make it possible to socialize with passersby or retreat into tranquility and privacy.
This balance of privacy and connection is brought into the center of the home as well. Casa Brisa’s unique footprint offers three bedrooms on the living level and a master suite on the top floor, all connected by an indoor-outdoor living area at the heart of the home. This central space combines an open-air courtyard, living and dining area, plunge pool, and a wraparound porch, to provide a place to come together just steps away from the four suite-style bedrooms.
The home’s interior spaces and bedrooms have large windows to welcome light and are full of colorful design elements in vibrant blues and wood tones. This means that even in these more private areas there is a connection to the tropical dry forests and the ocean just a short walk away.
As a whole, Casa Brisa’s position within the vibrant pedestrian fabric of town, its versatile outdoor spaces which offer connection to both town and each other, and vibrantly colored finishes combine to create a four bedroom home ideal to embrace the friendly town and natural beauty of Las Catalinas.
Surrounded by tropical nature on land and at sea, Las Catalinas is a beautiful, car-free, fully walkable beach town in Costa Rica. The purpose is to create a way of life that is healthy, sustainable, fulfilling, and fun. Definitely one of the most fun things to do at Las Catalinas is simply to explore the town. Most of the streets are made for people. Every little passage seems to lead to a beautiful plaza or a view of the ocean.
Baranda Villas Collection
Charming residences, friendly service, and thoughtful amenities make this the best way to embrace life in town. Baranda is comprised of studios, flats, and up to six bedroom homes with remarkable locations in town, all just a short walk away from the beach, as well as town’s restaurants, shops, and outdoor activities.
Services & Amenities
- Beach Club and Gym Access
- Daily Housekeeping Service
- Personalized Pre-arrival service from booking to arrival
- Welcome juice + cold towels upon arrival, in house
- High Speed WiFi
- Cable TV
- Town & Surroundings Talk at Central
- Activities Calendar
- Baranda a la Carte Services
Playa Danta is one of the best body surfing and boogie boarding beaches you will ever find. Go at medium to low tides when the beach is very flat. The swells are typically moderate, safe, spaced 15 seconds apart, and perfectly formed. These waves are unlike anything many of us have seen in other parts of the world. Costa Rica has many famous surfing beaches but Las Catalinas is partially sheltered from the prevailing southern swell, and that is what makes Playa Danta “just right” for boogie boarding.
Some of the best snorkeling in Costa Rica is right at Las Catalinas. The best spots are wherever you see rocks: the far side of Playa Dantita, the reef in between Danta and Dantita, along the shore of Punta Penca, or out at the Islotes Pitahayas islands just offshore. You’ll find lots of reef fish, coral, interesting underwater topography, big spotted eagle rays, sea turtles, and who knows what else.
Kayaking and Paddle-Boarding
Las Catalinas is an ideal location for sea kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding. The protected bay of Playa Danta is perfect for beginners and often offers glassy smooth conditions. The Islotes Pitahayas just one kilometer offshore are a great destination with the swell surging dramatically on the rocks. The islands are a famous nesting site of pelicans and frigate birds. The coastline in both directions is dramatic and interesting with a variety of beautiful beaches, cliffs and great snorkeling and swimming all within paddling range.
Yoga and Fitness
With an average temperature of 74 degrees year round, Las Catalinas is the perfect place to get in a fitness groove. Weather it's weekly interval training classes, beach front yoga under an almendro tree, or grabbing some weights, this is a mecca for athletes and yogis alike.
Shopping and Dining
In the shops of Las Catalinas, you’ll find everything you need to elevate your stay in town. Get outfitted to enjoy town and outdoors, set a course to learn about ocean protection, bring home an unexpected Costa Rican gift, give some local life and flair to your home, or relax and take care of your body. It’s all here, and it’s all within a few minutes’ walk.
Guanacaste is quickly becoming a major player in Costa Rica’s culinary scene, and Las Catalinas offers some of the best options around available just a few steps from your front door.
Located on a bluff overlooking the beach, Las Catalinas Beach Club is a central gathering spot for local residents and visitors to socialize, dine, exercise and enjoy an array of amenities for the whole family including:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool
- Ample seating and comfortable lounge chairs
- Kids play pool
- Hot tub
- All-day dining at the Beach Club restaurant
- Cocktail bar
- Octagonal pavilion available for private events
- Exercise room with weightlifting and cardio equipment
- Living Level:
- Guest Bedroom | Queen bed with stand-alone shower
- Guest Bedroom | One twin bed and trundle with stand-alone shower
- Second Level
- Guest Bedroom | King bed with stand-alone shower
- Shared half bathroom
- Master Level
- Master Bedroom | King bed with en-suite bathroom
- BBQ area
- Outdoor dining
- Beach Club access is included
- Private plunge pool
- Access to the Las Catlinas Beach Club 3 pools:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes (communal)
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool (communal)
- Kids play pool
Staff and Services
- Daily housekeeping
- House Mom Service
- International airport: Approximately 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Check-in time is 3:00 P.M - Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
- No pets are allowed.
- No smoking is allowed in any home or apartment.
- Maximum occupancy cannot be exceeded without prior consent.
- Beach Club access is provided only for guests staying at Las Catalinas.
Additional Villa Notes
- Because Las Catalinas is a growing community, guests should expect construction in the surrounding areas. Efforts are being made to minimize any possible disturbances to guests due to construction. Current construction hours and regulations are: From 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM, construction may begin, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed. From 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM are normal construction hours. From 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, construction may continue, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed.