OverviewAs soon as you enter this apartment you will be welcomed by the high ceiling and dark wood colors contrasting the natural light that flows through the floor to ceiling windows.
The living spaces overlook the spectacular gardens of Plaza Lucia with a partial ocean views as well as Plaza Carlota. The living room is comfortably arranged for six guests allowing the perfect setting for those lazy evenings playing board games, watching TV or simply spending quality time with family and friends.
The gourmet kitchen opens to the dining table with six seats for a comfortable meal with your family. It also overlooks the terrace towards Plaza Lucia. In the terrace you are able to enjoy your morning coffee or cocktails during sunset.
The guest bedroom has a beautiful wooden framed bunk bed. The lower bed is a full bed and the top bed is a single bed multiple families to sleep comfortably. The bathroom is located on the outside hall allowing access to any visitors. The master bedroom has a King bed with an en-suite bathroom. Each bedroom has a, smart TV, ceiling fan, AC and two sets of doors leading out to the outdoor terrace overlooking Plaza Lucia.
The flat is strategically located within minutes of the beach, the Beach Club, hiking and biking trails, and the conveniences offered at Plaza Central.
Surrounded by tropical nature on land and at sea, Las Catalinas is a beautiful, car-free, fully walkable beach town in Costa Rica. The purpose is to create a way of life that is healthy, sustainable, fulfilling, and fun. Definitely one of the most fun things to do at Las Catalinas is simply to explore the town. Most of the streets are made for people. Every little passage seems to lead to a beautiful plaza or a view of the ocean.
Baranda Villas Collection
Charming residences, friendly service, and thoughtful amenities make this the best way to embrace life in town. Baranda is comprised of studios, flats, and up to six bedroom homes with remarkable locations in town, all just a short walk away from the beach, as well as town’s restaurants, shops, and outdoor activities.
Services & Amenities
- Beach Club and Gym Access
- Daily Housekeeping Service
- Personalized Pre-arrival service from booking to arrival
- Welcome juice + cold towels upon arrival, in house
- High Speed WiFi
- Cable TV
- Town & Surroundings Talk at Central
- Activities Calendar
- Baranda a la Carte Services
Playa Danta is one of the best body surfing and boogie boarding beaches you will ever find. Go at medium to low tides when the beach is very flat. The swells are typically moderate, safe, spaced 15 seconds apart, and perfectly formed. These waves are unlike anything many of us have seen in other parts of the world. Costa Rica has many famous surfing beaches but Las Catalinas is partially sheltered from the prevailing southern swell, and that is what makes Playa Danta “just right” for boogie boarding.
Some of the best snorkeling in Costa Rica is right at Las Catalinas. The best spots are wherever you see rocks: the far side of Playa Dantita, the reef in between Danta and Dantita, along the shore of Punta Penca, or out at the Islotes Pitahayas islands just offshore. You’ll find lots of reef fish, coral, interesting underwater topography, big spotted eagle rays, sea turtles, and who knows what else.
Kayaking and Paddle-Boarding
Las Catalinas is an ideal location for sea kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding. The protected bay of Playa Danta is perfect for beginners and often offers glassy smooth conditions. The Islotes Pitahayas just one kilometer offshore are a great destination with the swell surging dramatically on the rocks. The islands are a famous nesting site of pelicans and frigate birds. The coastline in both directions is dramatic and interesting with a variety of beautiful beaches, cliffs and great snorkeling and swimming all within paddling range.
Yoga and Fitness
With an average temperature of 74 degrees year round, Las Catalinas is the perfect place to get in a fitness groove. Weather it's weekly interval training classes, beach front yoga under an almendro tree, or grabbing some weights, this is a mecca for athletes and yogis alike.
Shopping and Dining
In the shops of Las Catalinas, you’ll find everything you need to elevate your stay in town. Get outfitted to enjoy town and outdoors, set a course to learn about ocean protection, bring home an unexpected Costa Rican gift, give some local life and flair to your home, or relax and take care of your body. It’s all here, and it’s all within a few minutes’ walk.
Guanacaste is quickly becoming a major player in Costa Rica’s culinary scene, and Las Catalinas offers some of the best options around available just a few steps from your front door.
Located on a bluff overlooking the beach, Las Catalinas Beach Club is a central gathering spot for local residents and visitors to socialize, dine, exercise and enjoy an array of amenities for the whole family including:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool
- Ample seating and comfortable lounge chairs
- Kids play pool
- Hot tub
- All-day dining at the Beach Club restaurant
- Cocktail bar
- Octagonal pavilion available for private events
- Exercise room with weightlifting and cardio equipment
- Master Bedroom | King bed, en-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Guest Bedroom | Queen-base bunk
- Shared full bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Kids room
- Outdoor dining
- Washer & dryer
- Beach Club access is included
- Access to the Las Catlinas Beach Club 3 pools:
- 25 Meter lap pool with four swim lanes (communal)
- Separate adult lounging pool and hot plunge pool (communal)
- Kids play pool
Staff and Services
- Daily housekeeping
- International airport: Approximately 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Check-in time is 3:00 P.M - Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
- No pets are allowed.
- No smoking is allowed in any home or apartment.
- Maximum occupancy cannot be exceeded without prior consent.
- Beach Club access is provided only for guests staying at Las Catalinas.
Additional Villa Notes
- Because Las Catalinas is a growing community, guests should expect construction in the surrounding areas. Efforts are being made to minimize any possible disturbances to guests due to construction. Current construction hours and regulations are: From 6:00 AM - 7:30 AM, construction may begin, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed. From 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM are normal construction hours. From 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM, construction may continue, with workers required to speak in low voices and no power tools are allowed.