OverviewVilla Alice is located just over 1.5 kilometers from Grasse with spectacular southerly views across the hills to the Bay of Mandelieu and the Iles de Lerins.
Villa Alice has a light and airy atmosphere due to its southerly position and is spacious and simply furnished in a comfortable style.
A well equipped, modern kitchen has all you need from large fridge freezer, microwave electric oven and hob, dishwasher and washing machine and separate utility room.
The large open plan living/dining room with comfortable sofas offers lots of space and a wooden dining table to seat eight guests. There is satellite TV with Sky Free to View, plus there is a DVD player and videos, books and children’s toys.
On the first floor there are four bedrooms all with sea views and two bathrooms accommodating 8 guests.
The pretty gardens have plenty of sunny and shady areas for sunbathing, relaxing, outdoor dining with lots of comfortable garden furniture, cushions and large parasols. Plus there is a shady outdoor summer living room. A BBQ area is available for those alfresco meals including two large, paved, dining terraces both with table and chairs to seat eight, parasols, and picturesque views of Bay of Mandelieu
There are stone steps with a gate leading down to the private infinity pool, which has an alarm, and lower south facing stone terrace. This attractive area has both Palms and Olive trees as well as Jasmine, Oleanders and Bougainvillea, together with a trickling water feature from an old Jarriere and magnificent views.
The pool terrace has plenty of comfortable sun loungers, cushions and large parasols. Steps lead to the lawn garden below with plenty to keep the children entertained including swings and table tennis.
A short stroll away is the village of Grasse 1.5 km, originally best known as a center for leather tanners, but this gave way to the production of perfume for which the town has become the “perfume capital of France”
There is an International Museum of Perfume in Grasse and four main perfume producers based in the town and are able to be visited.
The old town is full of tall narrow houses are painted in pastel orange colors to brighten the narrow streets. There are numerous boulangeries, shops, cafes, and restaurants, in the many open squares that you are able to wonder around and explore.
However there are plenty of things to discover in the region for all, from boutiques or the glamorous nightlife or exploring villages in the Cote d’Azur, from Cannes to Biot, St Paul de Vence, Nice and Monaco and a little further enjoy a taste of Italy too or to the West Fayence and even St Tropez.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with 2 m bed and a wash basin
- Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom with 2 x 0.90 m beds and a wash basin
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom with 1.60 m beds and wash basin
- Bedroom 4: Twin bedroom with 2 x 0.90 m beds
- All bedrooms have sea views
- Separate bathroom with bath and hand held shower
- Separate shower room with hand basin and WC
- Separate WC
- DVD player
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Gas portable BBQ
- Children's swings
- Table tennis
- Roadside parking above and below the villa
- Wireless internet
- Pool towels
- Nearest beaches: Cannes 16 km
- 12 m x 6 m Infinity pool (depth: 1 m to 2.50 m; Roman steps)
Staff and Services
- 3 Hour housekeeping service on two-week rentals
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Housekeeping service
- Mid-week change of linen
- Grasse 1.5 km shops, cafes, restaurants
- Cannes 16 km
- Valbonne 11 km
- Tourrettes-sur-Loup 17.5 km
- St-Paul-de-Vence 19 km
- Antibes 24 km
- Mandelieu-la-Napoule 24 km
- Theoule-sur-Mer 32 km
- Nice 38 km
- Nice Airport 32 km
- Golf 6 km
- Pets are accepted on request
Cote D'Azur & St. Tropez Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.