OverviewThis is one of the most beautiful and oldest properties in the Cote d’Azur. It is a superb early 19th century Bastide situated at the top of a hill in the middle of 27 acres of green land within the estate of a 13th Century chateau.
The Bastide du Château, accommodating 16 guests, is one of the most beautiful and oldest properties of the French Riviera. It is located at the top of a hill in a large estate with wonderful gardens. At the foot of the hill there is a charming Provencal village with shops and restaurants. The interior decoration is warm and cozy, and it has been put together with lot of care. There are many artworks, contemporary paintings, and books for botanic lovers.
The entrance hall is very large and sunny and leads to the garden on the other side of the house. On the left, there is a very beautiful living room with French windows opening to the garden to the south. There is a drawing room with TV and a library and also opens onto the garden.
Going to the right from the entrance hall:
- Large dining room
- Fully equipped kitchen with a professional range cooker
- Back-kitchen with laundry room
- Storage units
At the back of the living room, there is a corridor with guest toilet leading to the ground floor night area. Its four twin bedrooms are more suitable for kids as they share 2 bathrooms and 2 independent WCs and are smaller than the upstairs guest bedrooms. All these twin bedrooms are very well furnished and have been decorated with a different tone of color in each one.
The beautiful staircase in the hall, leads to the first floor. This floor counts four air-conditioned suites,all with double beds and two have a dressing room, en-suite bathroom and separate WC. The third bedrooms has a dressing room and en-suite bathroom but no separate WC. The last bedrooms (but not least ) is the master suite, with a TV lounge, en-suite bathroom, separate WC and direct access to a superb terrace. All the bathrooms of each suite have been personalized with appropriate decor.
The property is located at the top of a hill. Entering through a large automatic gate with video system, a short path leads to the back of the bastide. Ancient 16th century pillars support the entrance porch for a dramatic entrance. At the front of the house, an outdoor dining table has been arranged beneath the superb centenary oak. This is the perfect spot for 'al fresco' dining during warm summer evening with numerous Venetian lamps hanged up in the old tree branches.
The large swimming pool (14 m x 8 m / 46 ft x 26 ft) is below the level of the 'bastide' in the gardens. To ensure children safety, the pool area is fenced. The pool has been built with an area for children, including a shallow end to the pool. By the pool, there is shower beneath olive trees and a pool-house with WC, cabins to change in and a small summer kitchen.
The guarded 'Château' gardens and courtyard are accessible to guests. The gardens are exceptional (the British Garden Association regularly visits the site) and offers a wonderful view over the wooded hills and/or sea. The owner can organize a guided visit of this stunning medieval castle, with moats and keeps, has been very well preserved through the years.
- Ground Floor: Bedroom 1 - Two single beds, shared bathroom with bedroom 2 (washbasin, bathtub and shower), and separate WC in the corridor
- Ground Floor: Bedroom 2 - Two single beds, shared bathroom with bedroom 1 (washbasin, bathtub and shower), and separate WC in the corridor
- Ground Floor: Bedroom 3 - Two single beds, shared bathroom with bedroom 4 (washbasin, bathtub and shower), and separate WC in the corridor
- Ground Floor: Bedroom 4 - Two single beds, shared bathroom with bedroom 3 (washbasin, bathtub and shower), and separate WC in the corridor
- Please note that these rooms are well-fitted for children
- First Floor: Bedroom 5 - Four-poster queen size bed, A/C, dressing room, en-suite bathroom (with double washbasins, shower, and bathtub), and separate WC
- First Floor: Bedroom 6 - Queen size bed, A/C, dressing room, en-suite bathroom (with double washbasins, shower, and bathtub), and separate WC
- First Floor: Bedroom 7 - Queen size bed, A/C, dressing room, en-suite bathroom (with double washbasins, shower and WC)
- First Floor: Bedroom 8 - Master suite - four-poster king size bed, A/C, sitting area with TV, armchairs and desk, en-suite bathroom (with shower, bathtub, and double washbasins), separate WC, and access to a superb private terrace overlooking the golf of Antibes till St Jean Cap Ferrat
- Washing machine
- 3 Ovens
- 2 Dishwashers
- 2 Washing machines and dryer
- Partial air conditioning
- Professional Kitchen
- Satellite TV
- Sea view
- Wi-fi Internet Access
- Child friendly
- Fenced outside area
- Wine Cellar
- Welcome basket
- Salt filtration pool 46 ft x 26 ft. accessible by corner steps
- Enclosed for child safety
Staff and Services
- Cleaning: 7 hours a day, 6 days a week. The housekeeper lives at the chateau and can prepare breakfast each morning (food at extra cost)
- Christian, the garden manager/caretaker, lives also on-site. He speaks English and will take care of the outside (garden, terraces, swimming pool)
- Concierge service on call (8 am - 8 pm)
- Welcome basket (red wine, great cheese plate etc)
- Household and bed linen provided and changed once per week (on Saturday)
- Final cleaning
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Breakfasts can be prepared and newspapers delivered each morning (on request)
- Grocery shopping
- Chef at home (minimum of 3 days)
- A guided tour of the Château can be organized with the owner
- Barman and deejay (on request and in advance)
- On site from 8 am to 5 pm, ensuring breakfast and lunch preparation and service and possibility for dinner too: upon request in advance, at extra cost
- Grocery pre-stocking
- Villeneuve-Loubet is the greenest town in the whole French Riviera. Indeed, this mid-size town benefits from the sea air and sun. Its parks and forests cover more than 2,500 acres
- Villeneuve-Loubet is located between Nice (16 km) and Antibes (11 km) at only 4 km (8 minutes drive) from the first beaches
- Nice International Airport: 11 km (15 minutes by car)
- Monaco: 36 km (40 minutes by car)
- Cannes: 22 km (30 minutes by car)
- Burglar alarm
- Entry gates with video camera
- Sometimes the owner occupies his chateau (usually during the weekend) -- very discreet and independent access
- No more than 2 children under 10 years old
- Children have to know how to swim
- No fixed phone
- 3 Dogs live on the estate
Cote D'Azur & St. Tropez Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.