OverviewChateau Esterel is a sumptuous Chateau, air-conditioned throughout, with 15 double bedrooms/suites with a heated pool, located in the stunning Esterel mountains, 5 minutes from sandy beaches and the clear, blue Mediterranean Sea.
This stunning property was built in 1904 by Lord Amherst of London and retains its original architectural features. Recently it has been lovingly restored to its former beauty with the added benefits of tasteful luxury and state of the art technology.
Chateau Estrel is the perfect location to enjoy a secluded, luxurious break amongst friends, family or colleagues. The 12 luxury en-suite bedrooms are all individually furnished in traditional style and there are three additional double bedrooms. The bedrooms benefit from sea views over the Bay of St. Tropez or stunning views of the Esterel mountains.
There are three large reception rooms available with beautiful oak parquet floors and traditional fireplaces. Up to 100 guests can be accommodated around the tables. Chateau Esterel offers a really large, professional kitchen. Perfect for organizing weddings or other kinds of events.
For families, the castle offers a second kitchen, smaller but much more pleasant and cozy, ideal for fans of family cuisine, with exit to the terrace. The cloisters provide a wonderful location for atmospheric dinners and entertaining.
On the ground floor there are three guest half-bathrooms with basins. A home cinema and game room have been installed with a billiard table, DVD player, and a good collection of English DVD's.
There is a small gym room equipped with - a cross trainer, jogging machine, weight bar, free weights, swiss balls, TRX suspension trainers, gym mats, punch bag, steps, kettle bells, etc.
Outside is the beautiful heated swimming pool (18 m x 8 m) with rolling shutter. (28C max). The swimming pool is beautifully situated amongst the olives and umbrella pines. There are sun beds and two large parasols and a veil to offer some shade. There is also a Pétanque court and ping-pong table.
Events can be organised but on request for up to 80 guests. The south facing pool gardens provide a beautiful setting for a romantic wedding ceremony followed by a champagne reception. The historic and sheltered cloisters can cater for 80 guests for dinner whilst the elegant tower reception rooms with stunning pool views can sit 80 wedding guests in air conditioned comfort. Both indoor and outside dining options are provided in case of unseasonal weather with elegant banqueting furniture.
For decades now, the picturesque Nicean surroundings have attracted not only those in search of relaxation, but also those seeking inspiration. The clear air and soft light has been of particular appeal to some of Western culture's most outstanding painters, such as Marc Chagall, and Henri Matisse. There are flower markets, fruit and vegetable markets, fish markets, and more. The Old City - with its picturesque narrow streets and “Piazzettas” has even more treasures in store!
- Bedroom 1 (Garden Floor): Elegant, calm and peaceful room with king size bed (180 cm bed), en-suite bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and a separate WC
- Bedroom 2 (Garden Floor): Attractive, Provencal room with king size bed (180 cm), private entrance and garden, en-suite bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and WC
- Bedroom 3 (Ground Floor): Large, elegant room, decorated with antiques, has a king size bed (200 cm), and en-suite bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and a separate WC
- Bedroom 4 (Ground Floor): Two twin beds (90 cm), and en-suite bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and a separate WC
- Bedroom 5 (Ground Floor): Bright, sunny room with king size bed (200 cm), en-suite contemporary bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and WC
- Bedroom 6 (Ground Floor): Luminous, spacious room with queen size bed (160 cm), and en-suite bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin, WC and south view to sea and pool
- Bedroom 7 (Ground Floor): Original bedroom of Lady Amherst, with two twin beds (90 cm) and en-suite shower room, basin and a separate WC. This bedroom has an adjoining door to room 6 and south facing balcony with sea views
- Bedroom 8 (Ground Floor): Beautiful spacious room with sitting area and wonderful view, with queen size bed (160 cm), and en-suite traditional bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. This bedroom has a south facing balcony with beautiful view towards St Tropez bay. This is a Lord Amherst’s original bedroom
- Bedroom 9 (Ground Floor): Beautiful suite, with king size bed (180 cm) and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, basin and separate WC
- Bedroom 10 (Ground Floor): Pretty, calm and relaxing bedroom with queen size bed (160 cm), views of mount Roquebrune and en-suite shower room with basin and WC
- Bedroom 11 (Ground Floor): Provencal style bedroom with wonderful sunset and gorgeous silk details with king size bed (180 cm), en-suite bathroom with bath, shower head, basin and WC
- Bedroom 12 (Ground Floor): Very spacious and calm room with queen size bed (160 cm), en-suite contemporary black slate bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and a separate WC
- Bedroom 13 (First Floor): Small double bed (140 cm) in a warm and charming room
- Bedroom 14 (First Floor): 2 Small double beds (140 cm) ideal family bedroom
- Bedroom 15 (First Floor): Small double bed (140 cm) in a charming room with exposed beams
- Bedrooms 13, 14 and 15 share 2 bathrooms: one with bath, basin and WC, another one with shower, basin and WC. There is a lift between the ground floor, the garden floor and first floor, ideal for suitcases. All bedrooms have air-conditioning and heating
- 3 Reception rooms
- 4 Extra beds (only on request)
- Air conditioned/heated bedrooms
- Alfresco dining
- Baby equipment
- Billiard table
- Dining area
- DVD player
- Fitness facility
- Game room
- Home theater
- iPod dock
- Pétanque court
- Ping-pong table
- Professional event kitchen
- Secondary kitchen for family use
- Suitcase lift
- Terrace with lounge area
- Wireless internet
- Distance to the beach 3 km
- Heated swimming pool 18 m x 8 m with rolling shutter (28 C max)
Staff and Services
- Full-time housekeeper: 4 hours twice per week
- Final cleaning
- Household and bed linen included and changed once a week on a two week rental
- Towels and toiletries included
- Property Manager
- Caretaker: living on-site
- Technical support
- Welcome basket
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- 2 Chef's assistants
- Activities and excursions
- Babysitting: professional English speaking babysitter or caretaker's daughters on site during the summer
- Chef service
- Continental breakfast
- Cook service
- Driver and car for transfer, visits, guide and wine tours at can be arranged extra cost
- Event fee: Marriages /Conference / Board meetings
- Food and beverages costs
- Late check in/out fee
- Mini Bar
- Villa pre-stocking
- Wedding planner
- Chateau is situated in the Esterel mountains between Cannes and St. Tropez
- 40 minutes drive from Nice airport
- 10 minutes from sandy beaches, excellent sports facilities, shops and restaurants
- Nice Airport 60 km (40 minutes drive)
- Distance to St. Tropez 60 km (50 minutes drive / 45 minutes by ferry)
- Cannes: 35 km (25 minutes drive)
- Distance to Valescure Golf & Tennis Club 3 km
- The chateau is located at a 10 minutes drive from the Marina at St. Lucia in St Raphael
- Maximum 30 guests
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Check-in: 4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Check-out: 10 am
- Weddings and social events allowed (extra costs may apply according to guests' request)
- Seminars: Meetings and dinners can be arranged up to a maximum of 30 people
- This villa is fully arranged for people with restricted mobility or using a wheel chair
Cote D'Azur & St. Tropez Villa Notes
- Please note that France villas rent from Saturday to Saturday. Exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis and upon request. It is common for pool heating to be an additional cost.