OverviewThe Coach House is a fantastic gathering place for families, retreats, and friends - with space for togetherness, space for discovering nature, space for alone time.
Like travelling through a time warp, to visit Jamaica's countryside is to experience another Jamaica of 30 years ago. The pace is slow, the lifestyle uncomplicated, the people are kind and calm, service is relaxed and meals are served family style.
The Coach House, situated in the heart of the beautiful 18th century historic Good Hope Plantation, is a country villa with 7 contemporary bedrooms, all with ceiling fans, air conditioning & en-suite bathrooms. Recently renovated with stylish new interiors and the addition of a 50-foot infinity edge pool & an open air dining terrace. Good Hope’s private beach (15 min drive away) has a 110-foot white sand beach, calm waters for swimming and a small private beach house for day time use.
Good Hope Plantation is about two thousand acres in size and is located in the parish of Trelawny, Jamaica. This property sits in a wonderful valley, which is surrounded by the green hills of Cockpit country. The Martha Brae River flows straight through the entire Good Hope land.
There have only been five families since 1742 to own Good Hope. Originally a sugar plantation, in 1912 when John Tharpe became the third owner, he turned the Great House into a hotel and set about planting coconuts. In 1989, the present owner, Tony Hart started a restoration of the property and along with a few investors planted the citrus that grows there today.
A fantastic gathering place for families, retreats, and friends,- with space for togetherness, space for discovering nature, space for alone time.
Today Good Hope is a tour destination for guests to enjoy the property with Chukka Caribbean. The Coach House welcomes guests to immerse themselves in the history, the nature & the beauty of Jamaica.
The Coach House at Good Hope has 6 bedrooms in the main building (4 ground level and 2 upstairs) and a private bedroom on garden level.
The four bedrooms on ground level are all very private. Upstairs there are two bedrooms, one with a spectacular view of the valley. A seventh bedroom is very private and located garden level. All 7 bedrooms have bathrooms, fans and air-conditioned.
Chukka Good Hope boasts over 2,000 acres of lush plant life, primary jungle, scenic views of the Cockpit country, majestic Martha Brae River, as well as the historic Great House. Once a working village and sugar plantation, the 1700s Good Hope Estate is the Caribbean’s first and only nature adventure park with an unparalleled variety of adventures and cultural experiences including the thrilling zip line canopy, rugged ATV and Dune Buggy adventures, relaxing jungle river tubing, Appleton Rum Tasting, Great House tour, and bird aviary. With 17 working buildings, including the Great House, it is the ideal location to incorporate adventure while maintaining the history, culture, and natural beauty of the beautiful Good Hope Estate. The addition of the Jungle Adventure Falls has created even more family fun in a safe and splash-filled area. With 3 pools, a cascading waterfall, river walk, and 300ft slide the whole family will create memories to last a lifetime.
Our private Good Hope Sangha beach is 15 minutes away - with 110 feet of beach front, an artistic beach house building with a romantic upper deck, outside showers, a lovely shade tree and warm calm, shallow waters to swim and play. We have deck chairs and lounges as well as 2 paddle boards and boogie boards to enjoy. Bring your music to play on our sound system. We will bring down a picnic for your family or group to indulge.
- Bedroom 1 (Ground Floor): King-size bed (or option of 2 twin beds) and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower
- Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor): King-size bed and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower
- Bedroom 3 (Ground Floor): King-size bed (or option of 2 twin beds) and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower
- Bedroom 4 (Ground Floor): King-size bed and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower
- Bedroom 5 (First Floor): King-size bed (or option of 2 twin beds) and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower
- Bedroom 6 (First Floor): King-size bed and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower
- Bedroom 7 (Garden Level): Queen-size bed and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower
- Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom
- Games including Ping Pong and Pool Table
- Outdoor Dining Terrace
- Outdoor Movie Projector
- Secure Locking Area for valuables
- Water Sports including paddleboards and kayaks available at beach (15 minutes away)
- WiFi throughout
- Private Beach (Good Hope Sangha Beach) is 15 minutes via car
- 110-foot beach front
- Beach House Building with Rooftop Deck
- Outside Showers
- Deck/Lounge Chairs provided
- Paddle Boards
- infinity edge 50-foot swimming pool
Staff and Services
- Beach: 15 minutes via car
- Town: 15 minutes via car to Falmouth
- Airport: 45 minutes to Montego Bay (MBJ airport)
- Check-In: 3PM
- Check-Out: 11AM
- Please note: A full time driver is highly recommended with this villa
Jamaica Villa Notes
- Most Jamaican rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes.
- A prepaid refundable security/damage deposit is required by most Jamaican Villas usually $500 - $1000 per stay. Please inquire with your Villa Specialist for exact amounts at time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- A typical grocery budget is $55-$65 per adult per day and $25 per day for children. This may vary up or down depending on market prices and menus.