OverviewHIDDEN BAY by the SEA perches dramatically on a cliffside and is one of the most remarkable sites on Jamaica’s renowned North Coast.
The extraordinary location of this unique cliffside home is absolutely stunning. Planted firmly on a rock ledge high above the sea, the precipice may be daunting to some. While a low stone wall wraps most of waterfront paths, we advise parents in advance they should plan to monitor adventurous youngsters along the walkways.
From its dramatic location, the property captures both the drama of an extraordinary elevated panorama of blue sea and the proximity of its own sandy beach. Its well-planned design attracts groups of up to 12 adults and especially two- and three- generation families.
The architect listened when these homeowners ordered a full range of the comforts of a family-style home, equal accommodations for all guests, and capture of the outrageous beauty of their unique location. The interior designer added an uncluttered, immaculate style of unpretentious glamor – in short, an ideal vacation home. For those who want privacy during all this togetherness, ten individual outdoor sitting areas dot the seafront wall. A thatched-roof outdoor bar is yet another informal sitting area with tables for drinks and games.
MAIN HOUSE - approximately 4,000 sq.ft
The main house consists of 4 bedrooms and 4 1/2 bathrooms
A comfy wrap-around verandah with glorious view is the favorite gathering area. Step off the porch onto a grassy lawn, fresh water pool and terrace, and Travertine stepping stones to the pièce de résistance – an open sitting area on a dramatic promontory over the sea with sweeping views from horizon to sunrise to sunset. Sunset vigils with butler-served trays of drinks and hors d’oeuvres create indelible memories of each day’s long, breathtaking dusk. Cameras mandatory.
From this promontory, a stairway leads down to a private over-the-water stone deck supported on eons-old coral rock, an enviable spot with chaises for sunning and a jumping off point into the bay.
Or, across the lawn, walk down a Harry-Potter-style rock-clad stairway that looks like it could open to a cave and voilà! The hidden beach is a 100’ stretch of sand by the sea for barefoot shell gathering, for splashing in shallow waters and for taller guests to venture into the waves. Kayaks and vests are complimentary.
All 4 bedrooms feature quiet air conditioning, ceiling fans, iPod docks, closet safes, en-suite bathrooms and are equal in size.
COTTAGE - approximately 1500 sq.ft
The cottage consists of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms + full kitchen, verandah, view and Jacuzzi
A picturesque walk along a paved path overlooking the sea leads to the absolutely charming cottage. Here is a complete accommodation with well-furnished living room and verandah, full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, outdoor sitting area over the sea and private open-air Jacuzzi.
The NEIGHBORHOOD on RUNAWAY BAY
This home, pools and gardens sit solidly on a horizontal expanse of coral rock. The privacy of Hidden Bay belies its location in the heart of the historic little town of Runaway Bay. In fact, one may miss the villa’s entrance gate and impressive wall that spans 450’ feet along the road just feet from the sea. But do not miss the opportunity to stroll through this local Jamaican village, unspoiled by super-clubs or mega-hotels. Immediately across the street is the irresistible Best Little Pattie Shop in Jamaica. The supermarket and hardware store are in the village center. The friendly townspeople will welcome you warmly.
- Bedroom 1: Master Bedroom - Kingsize 4-poster bed, en-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower. This largest bedroom features a unique covered porch with rocking chairs and 7 louvered windows that can be closed to block light or open to wonderful sea view
- Bedroom 2 : Optional kingsize or twin beds, balcony, en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination, wonderful sea view
- Bedroom 3: Kingsize 4-poster bed, balcony, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, view of beach and sea
- Bedroom 4: Accessible Bedroom and Bathroom. Opens to verandah on same level. Kingsize bed, tub-shower combination + seamless access to outdoor shower
- Bedroom 5: Kingsize 4-poster bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, opens to living room, furnished verandah, sea view and Jacuzzi
- Bedroom 6: Optional kingsize or twin beds, en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination, opens to living room, furnished verandah, sea view and Jacuzzi
- Main House - 4.5 bathrooms
- Cottage - 2 bathrooms
- 2 Samsung SmartTV’s
- 4 Boogie boards (2 adult/2 children)
- 4 Sets fins and snorkels
- Beach toys
- Complimentary high-speed WiFi throughout
- Complimentary Vonage overseas calling access to US, UK and Canada
- DVD player and DVD
- High chairs (2)
- iPod dock
- Local cell phone for guests on excursions
- Multi-speaker sound system
- Outdoor BBQ and jerk drum
- Pack n Play
- Sea kayaks (vests provided)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Hidden beach is a 100’ stretch of sand by the sea for barefoot shell gathering, for toddlers to splash in shallow waters and for taller guests to venture into the waves
- Fresh water infinity pool with graduated non-skid entry
- Depths from 8” to 4'
Staff and Services
- Full staff including chef, butler, housekeeper, laundress and gardener
- Golf is 5 minutes away at Runaway Bay Golf Club
- Ocho Rios is 20 minutes east with loads of activities
- Kayaks and vests are complimentary
- Discounted greens fees at Jewels Golf Course
- Check-In: 3:00 PM
- Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Jamaica Villa Notes
- Most Jamaican rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes.
- A prepaid refundable security/damage deposit is required by most Jamaican Villas usually $500 - $1000 per stay. Please inquire with your Villa Specialist for exact amounts at time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- A typical grocery budget is $55-$65 per adult per day and $25 per day for children. This may vary up or down depending on market prices and menus.