OverviewJanus is a stunning four-bedroom villa atop Round Hill, designed to be extraordinarily comfortable and chic!
Located at the highest point on one of the largest individual tracts of land on Round Hill, Janus is one of the most stylish additions to this collection. A stunning four-bedroom villa, Janus was designed to be extraordinarily comfortable and chic. Interiors are enhanced by hand-crafted sculptures and original art. With eponymous views to both the east and west, sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking.
Encyclopedia Mythica: Janus is the Roman God of gates and doors, beginnings and endings, and hence represented with a double-faced head, each looking in opposite directions.
The main villa takes advantage of the dual views from this specially-selected vantage point. Total renovation of interiors has achieved a high standard of design with priority also on comfort and service.
Built by the Princess of Lichtenstein, Janus perches atop four acres on posh Round Hill in an excellent gated neighborhood of other glamorous staffed villas.
The spacious grounds are a virtual park of gently rolling land, colorful gardens, soft grass and stately Royal Palms … all completely private. Underground irrigation ensures lush life of this beautiful space.
Downhill is the Tennis Pavilion, a folly capturing the imagination of children and adults alike. It is a throwback of game tables (chess, checkers, poker), antique Foosball, darts and other icons and games machines from decades past … also bocce ball on the lawn and a 72” Apple TV inside. Here too is a full bathroom with shower and a modern kitchen that includes a 10-burner DCS gas stove, 2 fridge-freezers and ice maker. The Janus staff can serve dinners for up to 18 guests on the porch, overlooking the professional hard-surface court, lit for night play and bordered by a viewing gallery for onlookers.
Golf at Tryall - Golf enthusiasts will enjoy this villa's Tryall Club membership. On 2,200 acres, Tryall’s golf course is among the most beautiful in the world. Its 18 hillside and seaside fairways have been home to the Johnnie Walker, Mazda and other PGA championship events. The resident pro offers workshops and private lessons.
Round Hill Beach Club Membership
Round Hill is one of the finest private resorts on Jamaica's North Coast. Round Hill offers a beach, pool, chaise lounges, towels, afternoon tea, jogging trail, gift shop, logo shop, library with computer, bar, ... and unforgettable long sunsets from the waterfront terrace. Janus guests receive complimentary use of the Round Hill gym ($25 daily fee is waived for Janus guests, paid by the homeowner). For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, tennis courts, Wednesday Manager's Cocktail Party, Pineapple Kids Club, salon, a range of water sports and beach parties. Internet access is $22 per day for up to 3 devices. This may be paid at reception. The internet service can be upgraded to Premium (faster speed) for $33 per day for up to 3 devices.
Round Hill will be closed September 4 - October 11, 2018 for their annual maintenance.
Note: Tryall Club membership is guaranteed for guests travelling in 2019. Not guaranteed if travel dates are beyond 2019. Ask our Villa Specialists if you have any questions.
- Master Bedroom Suite: King 4-poster bed, large en-suite bathroom with deep bathtub and open shower. West bathroom door opens to connecting study and also to passageway to Bedroom 2.
- Bedroom 2: King 4-poster bed, large bathroom with glass-wall walk-in shower. Bedroom French doors open to both east and west verandas, also to passageway to connecting study and Master Suite.
- Bedroom 3: In opposite wing beyond the Great Room. Queen 4-poster bed, cable TV, small bathroom with walk-in shower. Bedroom hall door opens to Great Room and access to both verandas, also to stairway to lower level Bedroom 4.
- Bedroom 4 (Downstairs): King 4-poster bed, small bathroom with walk-in shower. Double Dutch doors to private tropical terrace and cobblestone walkway to pool and veranda. This is the only downstairs room.
- Apple TV and movie library
- Baby Grand Piano
- Golf Cart for transport to all Round Hill resort activities
- Manicured Gardens with Orchids and Ginger Lilies
- Round Hill Beach Club Membership (including gym membership)
- Satellite Radio with Speaker system (main villa, pool and tennis pavilion)
- Tennis Court (Private 1,200-square-foot Tennis Pavilion)
- Tryall Club Membership
- WiFi throughout villa
- Yoga Mats and Massage Table
- 20’ x 50’ heated pool
Staff and Services
- Personal Laundress
- Check In: 3:00 PM
- Check Out: 11:00 AM
Jamaica Villa Notes
- Most Jamaican rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes.
- A prepaid refundable security/damage deposit is required by most Jamaican Villas usually $500 - $1000 per stay. Please inquire with your Villa Specialist for exact amounts at time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- A typical grocery budget is $55-$65 per adult per day and $25 per day for children. This may vary up or down depending on market prices and menus.