OverviewRio Chico is one of the most spectacular properties in all of Jamaica. Set on 14 acres of rolling lawns, tropical gardens, mountain fed river streams and water falls, this stately colonial Jamaican estate boasts some of the most breathtaking views of the Caribbean and some of the most beautifully kept grounds imaginable.
Rio Chico’s main house boasts six, well-appointed guest bedrooms with countless private balconies and sitting areas and a newly expanded oversized patio looking out over the pool and sea beyond. This, along with a cozy guest cottage nestled by the sea providing two more guestrooms, makes this eight bedroom estate perfect for large gatherings.
The villa comes with a large private staff (two butlers, private chef and sous chef, housekeepers, water-sports guru, multiple groundskeepers and 24 hour security) to pamper the guests, cook and serve their meals and ensure their comfort throughout their stay.
The Villa also has two private beaches, two fresh water pools, a river pool at the base of one of the private waterfalls on the property and a Jacuzzi overlooking the sea for the guest’s enjoyment along with plenty of water toys for all ages.
Rio Chico is comprised of the main house which feature six spacious bedrooms as well as a spacious guest house located on the rolling lawns of the property. The main house features five bedrooms on the second floor and one bedroom on the ground floor. Three of the king sized bedrooms upstairs have private balconies with expansive views of the sea and gardens below. The other two bedrooms overlook the gorgeous Italianate gardens and fountain below. The sixth bedroom, located on the ground floor of the house, also boasts its own private patio overlooking the sea. In the fall of 2013 all of the bathrooms in the main house were updated with beautiful finishes adding modern comforts to this timeless estate.
The guest house is nestled away from the main house in its own private corner of this expansive estate. This two bedroom getaway has adjoining rooms with a King bed in one and two twins in the other and is perfect for a family with small children. The guest house also has its own private kitchenette for snacks and early morning coffee.
The Villa staff at Rio Chico is a phenomenal group of people who are dedicated to ensuring guests at Rio Chico want for nothing. They are with you every step of the way to ensure your stay is worry free and fully relaxing. From the moment you wake up in the morning they are ready with a warm smile, hot coffee or tea and a full breakfast for everyone. They are behind the scenes but are there whenever you need them - preparing your next meal in the newly renovated kitchen (2013), making sure you have refreshments on the beach and providing your evening meals in some of the most spectacular settings on the estate grounds you can imagine.
Meals and Dining
Dining at Rio Chico is truly an affair to be remembered. Not only does the staff go above and beyond to make your meals spectacular but the stunning locations your butlers will choose for these meals will leave you breathless. Full spread breakfasts, lunches and dinners are prepared by your private villa chef and served by your villa butlers with loving care and detail.
Everyone at the villa loves what they do and it comes through in the presentation and the quality of meals.
Each meal is usually served in a different location. From breakfast on the patio overlooking the sea to a splendid lunch served on the sun-deck by the river pool to the elegant dinner served in the garden next to the calming sounds of the Italian fountain, each meal will take you to a place far from your everyday world.
The staff is included in the price of the villa and groceries/food can either be paid for at the end of each stay or guests can pre-pay an “all-inclusive price”* before they arrive.
The all-inclusive pricing is as follows:
- $250 per adult per night (ages 15+)
- $100 per child per night (ages 2-15)
- 0-2 yrs old no charge
- Bedroom 1 - King 4 poster bed, AC, en suite bathroom with oversized soaking tub and walk-in steam shower, his and hers vanity, water-jet marble mosaic floor, all marble wall tile and counters, private WC, separate dressing room with wardrobes, flat screen TV, private patio with ocean view
- Bedroom 2 - Two queen beds, AC, en suite bathroom with large walk-in shower, trough basin and vanity with Travertine and wood finishes, private WC, flat screen TV, shared terrace with garden view and access to new 2nd story ocean view terrace
- Bedroom 3 - King 4 poster bed, separate sitting room with day bed, flat screen TV, en-suite bathroom with soaking tub and shower, free standing double sink vanity with all marble finishes, shared terrace with garden view and access to new 2nd story ocean view terrace
- Bedroom 4 - King 4 poster bed, AC, en suite bathroom with large soaking tub and adjacent walk-in shower, concrete slab tub deck and vanity with limestone, travertine and marble mosaic finishes giving a very Zen like feel, private WC, flat screen TV, private patio with ocean view.
- Bedroom 5 - King 4 poster bed, AC, en suite bathroom with large freestanding vintage soaking tub and walk-in shower with Carrera marble and stained and lacquered wood finishes, flat screen TV, private patio with ocean view
- Bedroom 6 - King 4 poster bed, AC, en suite bathroom with large built in tub and oversized walk-in shower, large stainless steel sinks with Carrera marble and glass tile finishes, flat screen TV, private patio with ocean view
- Bedroom 7 (guest house) - King 4 poster bed, flat screen TV, en suite bathroom with tub/shower – adjacent shared kitchenette with mini-fridge, coffee maker, microwave and sink and shared terrace overlooking garden.
- Bedroom 8 (guest house) - Two twin beds, AC, en suite bathroom shower/tub combination, flat screen TV, and shared terrace overlooking garden
- Bedrooms 9-12 (guest house): 4 Additional bedrooms are being built in the guest house area. Details coming soon.
- 52” flat screen TV in living room
- A/C (in all bedrooms)
- Aqua cycle
- Basketball net
- Board games
- Bose Stereo system Hair Dryer Plush Robes
- Card games
- Ceiling fans
- Custom-crafted mahogany beds
- Daily New York Times Fax
- Electronic in room safe
- Exercise room equipped with elliptical and treadmill
- Flat Screen TV in all bedrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen
- i-Home docking stations
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Paddle boards
- Red Lane Spa Amenities
- Sail boats
- Satellite TV
- Scuba Diving is available at nearby Sandals Resort for adults and beginner classes for kids and Beaches Boscobel
- Snorkel gear
- Tennis court
- 2 Fresh water swimming pools both located seaside with spectacular views of the sea below.
- 1 Fresh water Jacuzzi also overlooking the sea
- 1 River fed fresh mountain water pool at the base of one of the multiple waterfalls on the property
- River with small waterfall to play in running right through the center of the property
Staff and Services
- Private chef and chef’s assistant
- 2 Private butlers
- Water sports captain
- 3 Housekeepers
- 24 Hour security
- Once weekly maid service
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Private car and driver - Staff can arrange a private car and driver for any day trips or excursions
- Located in Ocho Rios on Jamaica’s North Coast just minutes from town, this expansive and hidden 14-acre estate is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes’ drive from Montego Bay Airport or a 15 minute drive from the smaller Ian Fleming Airport in Boscobel.
- Check-in: 3:00 pm
- Check-out: 10:00 am
- Maximum 16 guests (total number of children under 14 cannot exceed 6)
- Children welcome
- Smoking is allowed
- Pets are not allowed
- Private transfers available at additional cost
- High-speed wireless internet access available and may be at an additional cost
- Gratuities are not included and are always appreciated we suggest a gratuity rate of 15% of cost of villa rental in low season and 10% in high season
- Main House is approx. 10500 sq. ft. including outdoor living space
- Guest House is approx.1600 sq. ft. including outdoor living space
Jamaica Villa Notes
- Most Jamaican rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes.
- A prepaid refundable security/damage deposit is required by most Jamaican Villas usually $500 - $1000 per stay. Please inquire with your Villa Specialist for exact amounts at time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- The number of Occupants booked is the number that will be accommodated and must not exceed the maximum stated on the Reservation Invoice. The Occupants will be responsible for any additional payment if the number of booked occupants is exceeded at any time.
- Holiday bookings must be paid in full within 120 days of arrival or at the time of booking if within 120 days to confirm reservation. Holiday Weeks include: Easter, Independence, Labor Day Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years