OverviewSerenity is one of the most beloved and often revisited villas on Jamaica's beautiful north coast. Its prize location is a waterfront acre 8 miles west of Montego Bay.
In Caribbean-style architecture, spaces are defined by airy octagonal gazebos and high cedar ceilings. Pretty blue and white fabrics and cool marble floors are throughout. Each bedroom opens to a sitting area for private afternoon naps or all-day gazing at the changing light on the Caribbean Sea ~ practically at your doorstep.
Eye-opener coffee trays are silently presented outside each bedroom door while guests are still asleep. Morning walks down the long beach are energizing. Sunset beach walks are beautiful. Nighttime walks to the point reveal the sparkling lights of the town of Montego Bay across the water.
Four bedrooms and the living room are connected by a long furnished marble verandah. The verandah adjoins the pool terrace, where cool drinks and evening hors d`oeuvres are served under the palm trees. Most weeks, a special treat is dinner on the beach.
Just beyond the verandah and pool, a terraced walkway leads to the second of 2 outdoor showers, lower waterfront terrace, beach and sea. On calm evenings, you may see our local fishermen laying their nets by torchlight. If the night produces a good catch, they’ll return early in the morning with fresh fish or lobster to sell to the Serenity cook for tonight’s dinner.
Serenity shares a basketball hoop and private tennis court with neighboring Tranquillity (bring racquets and balls). Combining Serenity and Tranquillity creates a 10-bedroom compound with 2 pools, tennis court, long beachfront and staff of 10. Beyond Tranquility is our glamorous neighbor, Noble House on the Beach, which accommodates 8 or 10 more guests. Combining these 3 homes creates a 15-bedroom compound with 3 pools, tennis court, long beachfront and staff of 18. This remarkable waterfront trio is a favorite for weddings and family reunions. All 3 villas are child friendly and very private from each other.
100 yards offshore is Holden's Reef, a continuation of the barrier reef complex that fronts much of Jamaica's north coast. Easily reachable by kayak, this live reef is home to a myriad of tropical fish and corals. At low tide, portions protrude above the water so you can step from your kayak to snorkel in shallow water. On the ocean side, deeper waters beckon the more adventurous or scuba equipped.
If you`ve left your pets behind while you take a vacation, be advised that Serenity is home to our beloved pup, Spot (brown & white Jamaica dog). She loves children and will romp with you on the beach.
Kingsize bed, cable television. En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and double sink vanity. Opens to large covered very private verandah where guests will find their eye-opener coffee tray each morning.
Kingsize bed, cable television, right next to the swimming pool. Mirrored en-suite bathroom has walk-in shower.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, cable television. En-suite bathroom has deep bathtub and shower combination. Also a very private whimsical second shower in a walled garden (favorite of parents and children alike). This bedroom connects to Bedroom 4 for the convenience of family units.
Optional kingsize or twin beds, cable television, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. A connecting door opens to the Bedroom 3 (with bathtub) for convenience of parents and children. A louvred window also opens between these connecting rooms. Parents or nannies can adjust the louvers to stay open or closed in the night. Bedroom 4 is suitable for adults or children.
Tryall Club Membership
A significant amenity for guests in this villa is membership at the excellent Tryall Club. On 2,200 acres, Tryall’s golf course is among the most beautiful in the world. Its 18 hillside and seaside fairways have been home to the Johnnie Walker, Mazda and other PGA championship events. The resident pro offers workshops and private lessons. The Tryall tennis club features nine Nova Cushion courts, some lit for night play, with world-class pro’s on call. All white attire required.
The beach is well planned for parents and children. Have lunch at the beach bar. Work out in the well-equipped gym and compete in the new Usain Bolt Games Room at the Great House (teens love it). Jog the marked trails. Snorkeling, kayaking, Hobie Cat and sunfish are complimentary. Glass bottom boats, charter fishing, a boat to the reef and any captained craft attract various fees. Enjoy weekly events like complimentary Manager’s Cocktail Party on Mondays, as well as Beach BBQ and Reggae Night beach parties for an additional fee.
On the hill, enjoy the historic Great House for daily 4:00 tea and sweets. Shop at the convenient commissary and chic boutique, and meet for happy hour and snacks at the casual bar. Also at the Great House is the new Usain Bolt Games Room open all day and night for ping pong, pool, air hockey, foosball, shuffleboard, chess and checkers, board games, comfy reclining chairs and HDTV. And don’t miss the massive Tryall pool. The Tryall Club is thoughtfully designed to please toddlers, preteens, tweens, moms, dads and everyone from teens to octogenarians.
The Tryall Club was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world.”
Note: Tryall Club membership is guaranteed for guests travelling through November 30, 2018. Not guaranteed if travel dates are beyond November 30, 2018. Ask our Villa Specialists if you have any questions.
Photos courtesy of Nigel Lord
- All bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Six softly-curtained French doors open from each bedroom to the long verandah and view of the sea just steps away.
- The smaller fourth bedroom is located between the Master Bedroom and Bedroom 2.
- Three 400-square-foot bedrooms are equal in size ~ soft and romantic with kingsize beds and Ralph Lauren wallpapers.
- Hair Dryers
- 2 open-air showers
- 5 cable televisions including 32" plasma in living room
- Child friendly: beach toys, crib, high chair, booster seats, children’s books and movies
- Closet safes
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
- Complimentary overseas calls to US, UK and Canada
- DVD, VCR, CD player and 4-speaker sound system
- iPod dock(s)
- Library of movies and music CD’s
- Solar water heater and solar pool heater
- Tennis court shared with neighboring Tranquillity on the Beach
- 2 complimentary sea kayaks, snorkels, masks, flippers
- 12' x 30' solar heated pool and over-the-beach waterfront terrace
- Poolside shower
- Shallow end for toddlers
Staff and Services
- Night watchman
- Airport: 20 minutes
- Town: 20 minutes
- Check-In: 1:00pm
- Check-Out: 11:00am
Jamaica Villa Notes
- Most Jamaican rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes.
- A prepaid refundable security/damage deposit is required by most Jamaican Villas usually $500 - $1000 per stay. Please inquire with your Villa Specialist for exact amounts at time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- A typical grocery budget is $55-$65 per adult per day and $25 per day for children. This may vary up or down depending on market prices and menus.