OverviewWild Orchid is a private Jamaican hideaway located on part of a former banana and coconut plantation stretching from mountain to sea.
The Georgian design of the new mansion captures the ambiance and grace of the original plantation ... enhanced by modern amenities of air-conditioned bedrooms, state-of-the-art kitchen and baths, satellite dish and lighted tennis court. Interiors are adorned by Oriental rugs, unique hand-laid tiles and custom cedar accents. The comfortable covered verandah is furnished with large bamboo sofas and chairs covered in white canvas.
Five acres of manicured lawns and gardens surround the villa and open to the greater property ... where guests can stroll, jog and be close to nature. In past centuries, men loaded bananas onto ships 300 yards downhill from the house.
In true Colonial style, Wild Orchid is meticulously staffed so that guests are pampered through sunny days and relaxed evenings ... with memorable home-cooked meals served in the spacious indoor dining area or on the large open verandah under the almond trees ... cooled by the tradewinds. The night view from Wild Orchid is breathtaking ... especially from the al fresco dining terrace.
The Wild Orchid villa and grounds provide a superbly spacious and photogenic location for weddings, receptions and honeymoons.
Three bedrooms upstairs and two bedrooms downstairs. Cable television in each bedroom and living room.
Tryall Club Membership
A significant amenity for guests in this villa is membership at the excellent Tryall Club. On 2,200 acres, Tryall’s golf course is among the most beautiful in the world. Its 18 hillside and seaside fairways have been home to the Johnnie Walker, Mazda and other PGA championship events. The resident pro offers workshops and private lessons. The Tryall tennis club features nine Nova Cushion courts, some lit for night play, with world-class pro’s on call. All white attire required.
The beach is well planned for parents and children. Have lunch at the beach bar. Work out in the well-equipped gym and compete in the new Usain Bolt Games Room at the Great House (teens love it). Jog the marked trails. Snorkeling, kayaking, Hobie Cat and sunfish are complimentary. Glass bottom boats, charter fishing, a boat to the reef and any captained craft attract various fees. Enjoy weekly events like complimentary Manager’s Cocktail Party on Mondays, as well as Beach BBQ and Reggae Night beach parties for an additional fee.
On the hill, enjoy the historic Great House for daily 4:00 tea and sweets. Shop at the convenient commissary and chic boutique, and meet for happy hour and snacks at the casual bar. Also at the Great House is the new Usain Bolt Games Room open all day and night for ping pong, pool, air hockey, foosball, shuffleboard, chess and checkers, board games, comfy reclining chairs and HDTV. And don’t miss the massive Tryall pool. The Tryall Club is thoughtfully designed to please toddlers, preteens, tweens, moms, dads and everyone from teens to octogenarians.
The Tryall Club was chosen by Condé Nast Traveler for its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world.”
Note: Wild Orchid has membership to the Tryall Club. For all guests with an arrival of December 1, 2018, an additional Temporary Membership Fee of US$26 per person per day plus a 15% service charge for any guest 16 years and older will be required. Payment will be made at the Front Desk in the Great House upon arrival.
After paying the Temporary Membership Fee, members may use most Club facilities at no charge with the exception of tennis shop, ball boys, bar & restaurant, spa, grocery, motorized watersports, nanny services and golf. Complimentary amenities include the beach, non-motorized watersports, tennis, the excellent gym, the Hummingbird Kids Club, Great House afternoon tea, the Manager's Cocktail Party and various special events.
*NOTE: Tryall Club membership is guaranteed for guests travelling through November 30, 2019. Some villa beach memberships are not guaranteed if travel dates are beyond November 30, 2019. Ask our Villa Specialists if you have any questions.
- Bedrooms 1 & 2 (Upstairs): Two 20' x 30' Master Bedrooms one with a king-size bed, the other with two double beds, plus sitting areas ... one with shower and tub for two, the other with shower and Jacuzzi tub. Each master suite opens to a glorious balcony view of Montego Bay. Eye-opener coffee is delivered to the balcony each morning.
- Bedroom 3 (Upstairs): Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, small walk-in shower; view of tennis court, park and mountains.
- Bedroom 4 (Downstairs): Queen bed, private bath with tub-shower combination, opens to veranda and ocean view.
- Bedroom 5 (Downstairs): Queen bed, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. Connecting door to Bedroom 4 enables adjoining rooms for parents and children. Opens to main veranda.
- Hair dryers
- Tennis court lit for night play
- 5 cable televisions in all bedrooms
- 42” LCD cable television with Direct TV, VCR, DVD in living room
- Bose music sound system
- Wireless Internet access throughout (bring your laptop)
- Magnificent ocean view
- Spacious lawns for croquet and games
- Excellent site for weddings
- iPod docks
- 20' x 40' private pool
Staff and Services
- Night Watchman
- Beach: 5 minutes via driver to Round Hill, 13 minutes to the Tryall Club
- Town: 20 minutes via driver
- Airport: 20 minutes
- Check-in: 1:00 PM
- Check-out: 11:00 AM
Jamaica Villa Notes
- Most Jamaican rental villas come with a full staff, consisting of cook, maid, and laundress. A private cook will prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- meals that you choose based on your own personal tastes.
- A prepaid refundable security/damage deposit is required by most Jamaican Villas usually $500 - $1000 per stay. Please inquire with your Villa Specialist for exact amounts at time of booking.
Additional Villa Notes
- A typical grocery budget is $55-$65 per adult per day and $25 per day for children. This may vary up or down depending on market prices and menus.