OverviewΟne of the most luxurious and exquisite properties in the Chora, Villa Amalia blends beautifully to its medieval surroundings.
Transposed back in the Byzantine period, its high yard walls, conjoined with those of other grand houses, form part of a wall around the Chora, erected by the residents of Patmos/Patmians to protect the island from the invasion of pirates. Old manors and stone houses, narrow alleyways and small courtyards, all offer a dramatic setting for a unique property.
Today, Villa Amalia, designed by internationally-renowned jewelry designer Ms. Ileana Makri, exudes understated luxury with a bohemian feel. The graceful interiors are accentuated by the choice of furniture, the blend of fabrics, and the soft lighting reflected on elegant objects and works of art. The traditional, high ceilings, further add to a sense of tranquility and serenity.
Recently and expertly renovated, the property offers up-to-date amenities, while preserving Patmos’s local color and aesthetic. Its magnificent terrace is enticing, as it affords breathtaking views of the imposing Monastery of Saint John, the sea on the south and west, and the old town.
A beautiful courtyard, emblematic of the island’s fine architecture, is ideal for entertaining friends or simply enjoying a glass of wine. Due to the Villa’s central location, stepping out is effortless. The Chora, an UNESCO world heritage site (together with the Monastery of Saint John) is gloriously revealed, in all its attractive scenery, historical significance, and unspoiled environment.
- Upon entering the villa there is a courtyard with lounging area and dining area
- Spacious living room
- Impressive dining area which can host 12-14 guests
- Large kitchen
- 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
- Spacious bedroom with four pull-out beds and large bathroom
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a private terrace
- Crossing the terrace you will find a dressing room and a fully equiped bathroom with shower
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Beautiful courtyard with lounging area
- Dining area which can host small gathering or party
- Terrace with lounge chairs
- Magnificent views of the Aegean and Skala
- Bedrooms 1-2 (Entrance Level): 2 Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Bedroom 3 (Entrance Level): Spacious bedroom with four pull-out beds and large bathroom
- Bedroom 4 (Upper Level): Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and a private terrace. Crossing the terrace you will find a dressing room and a fully equipped bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5 (Guest House): Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and kitchenette
- Ceiling Fans
- Wi-fi Internet Connection
- Large Kitchen
Staff and Services
- Daily housekeeping services
- Change of linens twice per week
- Pickup from port and luggage transfer
- From airport: Samos/Kos, 2 hours by boat approx.
- From port: Patmos, Chora, 10 min drive
- From town: Chora, 2 min walk
- From closest beach: 15 min drive
- Housekeeper lives in a separate house on the estate
More Greece Villa Notes
- Please note: because sewage pipes in Greece are approximately 2 inches in diameter, toilet paper cannot be flushed down the toilet.
Additional Villa Notes
- Rates are based on weekly rentals
- Daily rates can be requested and a surcharge may apply
- For stays between June 18-September 10 there is a 2 week minimum rental requirement. Exceptions may be allowed depending on the property and availability.
- Arrivals and departures are on Saturdays only, unless agreed upon otherwise at the time of booking
- Check-in time is from 1pm to 8pm
- Check-out time is until 11am