OverviewSet aside a 5-star golf course and blessed with spectacular ocean views and sunset vistas, The Retreat offers unrivaled island luxury and provides an ideal escape for the discerning Caribbean traveler.
The Retreat was designed to make the most of its idyllic island location, and provide guests with a choice of uniquely furnished spaces to sit and chill, read, chat, or work. Whether you’re planning a vacation with friends, or are looking to book a family escape with your children, The Retreat’s spacious yet intuitive layout enables everyone to take advantage of a relaxed island lifestyle while enjoying the opportunity to retire to a quiet corner for a moment of reflection.
The Retreat’s contemporary design and 21st century technologies ensure complete relaxation. Outdoors, each guest can recline on their own sun lounger, or relax in the pool atop a selection of pool inflatables (with floating cup holders!). The large poolside gazebo offers respite if the heat of the sun becomes a little too much or a sudden tropical shower appears overhead, and its fitted drinks fridge is always on hand to offer a cooling refreshment.
When you’re in the mood for a little R&R, hop from the 30 foot pool into the eight person spa and turn on the jets for a relaxing full body massage; lose yourself in the sound of the cascading waterfall or listen to your own playlists via the pool deck music system.
The Retreat is also equipped with a Mitsubishi air conditioning system, specified by architects for the best hotels & houses worldwide. Not only does it allow each room to be set to an independent temperature, it is barely discernible - both visually and audibly.
To ensure complete privacy and reduce the impact of any noise pollution from elsewhere on the property, each of the three bedroom suites are located at extreme ends of the villa and split over its two levels. Furnished with plush king beds and exceptional quality mattresses, high thread count Frette Percale Egyptian cotton bed linens, and throws for those that need them, each bedroom boasts triple glazed windows providing expansive bedroom views to palm trees, pool, or ocean as well as offering the most effective exterior sound and thermal insulation between inside and out. Your sleep cycle will also benefit from bedside remote controlled shades reversed with a blackout material to maintain a nighttime ambience, even when the Nevis sun has long risen.
For those that prefer an opportunity to connect with nature, the exterior bathroom courtyard and drench shower offer the chance to refresh your aching limbs in the full glory of a sunny Nevis morning. Where else can you shower and see a hummingbird within touching distance?
Whether indulging in a title clinching football or soccer game, the latest TV series finale, or even a sneaky Wi-Fi call with work colleagues from the pool deck (perhaps switch the video off), guests at The Retreat can choose exactly when to reconnect! The Retreat’s internet & media services are the best available on Nevis - better than at any hotel. Each bedroom, the upper living area, and the media room are all equipped with a large HD TV and a choice of content from both Amazon and Netflix, a pre-purchased iTunes library of over 500 blockbuster & kids films for Apple TV, and free-to-access streamed film and TV content (including sport and news) from a global IPTV service.
Each area of the house has high quality speakers connected to a Sonos music system on which guests can listen to music from Spotify and Amazon playlists or log-in and connect their own music library or subscription. This can all be controlled from anywhere on the property via mobile device. The house gym has its own Sonos zone so that you can isolate your choice of music from other guests for the time you are using it.
The gym itself is equipped with a Schwinn spin bike, rowing machine, Everlast punch bag and gloves, and a selection of dumbbells, medicine balls and slam balls. Feel free to take the weights and boxercise kits outside onto the lower verandah and driveway to run your own sunset bootcamp along with a calorie busting playlist blasting from the outdoor speakers.
Directly outside the villa are a range of early morning and evening walking, running, and cycle routes suited to all. Sessions with both a personal trainer and yoga instructor can be arranged to suit your schedule.
The Retreat’s Gaggenhau & Liebherr equipped kitchen comes complete with dual sink and preparation areas, a bar table, regular and steam ovens, a gas cooktop with a wok ring, a fridge-freezer, and separate beverage and wine fridges. We also have an all important Bosch dishwasher, although if you’d prefer not to get involved in the catering private chef dining options are available at your request. The outdoor Viking BBQ Grill is a ‘beast’ and can make light work of catering for a ravenous group.
The large upper veranda dining table and BBQ dining terrace, complete with an umbrella that goes up in seconds to cover all diners in the event of an unpredictable shower, provides guests with two options for group dining.
The wine fridge maintains separate temperatures for multiple bottles of white and red and the beverage fridge holds up to 30 bottles of beer or soft drinks. We also took the ‘cold drinks at all times’ philosophy down to the pool where guests will find a beverage fridge in the gazebo.
A large juicer and smaller multi-use Nutri Bullet provide guests with the chance to make their own fresh fruit smoothies and even use mangoes and bananas growing in the garden if they are lucky enough to be there in peak season, and can beat the monkeys to them! For coffee addicts the Cuisinart and Gaggenhau coffee machines can accommodate your favorite whole beans or the local selection of ground coffee.
- Each bedroom suite includes a king bed, closet and shelving, chairs, air conditioning, ceiling fans, HD TV, Apple TV, Sonos music system with ceiling/wall recessed speakers, Amazon Echo Dot, roller shades with blackout material, telephone, linens and towels, beach towels, bathrobes and a hair dryer.
- European-inspired bathrooms with limestone washbasins (the master bedroom has dual washbasins) rain-head shower (two bedrooms have dual showers), and Philippe Starck toilets, Egyptian cotton towels by the White Company, bathrobes from the Bloomingdales Hotel Collection, fluffy bath mats and powerful hairdryers
- Guests staying in the master bedroom can sink into a two person overflowing chromotherapy spa bath
- Air conditioning
- Amazon Echo Dot
- Apple iMac
- Apple TV
- BBQ unit
- Fully equipped kitchen
- HP Wi-Fi printer
- Iron and ironing board
- Linens and towels, beach towels, bathrobes and a hair dryer
- Media room with HD TV
- Office desk
- Parking for up to four cars
- Sonos music system with ceiling/wall recessed speakers
- Washing machine
- Nearest Beach: Pinney's Beach 0.8 miles
- 30 ft x 15 ft x 5 ft deep pool with separate spa, and waterfall
- Please note: The spa is not heated
- Pool area includes a waterproof remote control to turn on the music or lights without leaving the water!
Staff and Services
- Twice per week housekeeping service
- Welcome grocery and drinks pack
- A private taxi and speedboat transfer from the airport to villa and that leg is included .
Staff and Services (at additional cost)
- Child care
- Additional housekeeping services
- Dining services
- Return transfer can be organized either by a shared or private journey by boat. Approximate cost is $25 USD each for the shared boat plus the taxi fee
- The Retreat is a split level property in a prime central location sitting up on a ridge in 1 acre of private grounds, adjacent to the Four Seasons golf course and estate with 180 degree views. It is a short 4 minute drive down the road to ocean-side Mangos restaurant, 5 minutes to Sunshine's and the bars and eateries at Pinney's Beach and a further 5 minutes on to the main grocery stores in town. In the other direction it is 6 minutes to the restaurants Yachtsman Grill, Indian Summer and Coconut Grove.
- Check-in: 4:00 PM / Check-out: 11:30 AM
- Guests travelling with children or babies have the option of utilizing a single mattress and crib which can be set up in any of the rooms
- Due to the multi-level, open-plan nature of The Retreat we advise that the property is not suitable for toddlers unless supervised at all times, and at the guests’ own risk. For the same reason we also advise that The Retreat is not wheelchair accessible.
- The Retreat is a smoke free property, and although guests may smoke outside on the pool deck if they wish, they should take their own ashtray as none are provided
- Fitness room includes: Rowing machine, spin bike, punch bag, boxercise gloves, dumbbells, medicine and slam balls, and Sonos music system